Member Login
Site Notices
11/24/2017 4:44:23 PM
11/22/2017 10:05:29 PM
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 3
Posted: 9/7/2004 6:27:44 AM EST
[Last Edit: 9/25/2004 8:25:39 PM EST by lvgunner777]
I just picked up my new baby yesterday, a C5 convertible loaded to the max. It has the adjustable suspension with the flip of a switch, heads up display, Bose audio, polished wheels, and of course all power.

Link Posted: 9/7/2004 6:28:17 AM EST
nice
Link Posted: 9/7/2004 6:29:19 AM EST
Welcome aboard!

Stick or auto?

Paul B
York PA

2002 C5, white w/tan interior, 6sp, loaded
Link Posted: 9/7/2004 6:29:29 AM EST
Is that an automatic transmission? WTF ?

BTW, very nice 'vette! How far to the nearest deserted windy road?

HS1
Link Posted: 9/7/2004 6:30:08 AM EST
Yep, automatic.
Link Posted: 9/7/2004 6:31:56 AM EST

Originally Posted By lvgunner777:

Yep, automatic.

Having owned both, automatic Vettes are great, but nothing compares to the manual.

Luckily, the Vettes have so much power it's not like the auto is a big drawback.
Link Posted: 9/7/2004 6:34:07 AM EST
CONGRATS!!!!!

I thre in some fireworks for ya LV

Link Posted: 9/7/2004 6:37:46 AM EST
[Last Edit: 9/7/2004 6:38:19 AM EST by fight4yourrights]
Now, let's talk EXHAUST SYSTEMS.

The stock ones suck. I pulled mine off at 150 miles

IF you like a nice sound, low rumble at low rpms, great big block sound at higher rpms, take a look at the Borla Stinger system.

You can do the install yourself, but you'll need to cut off the stock system if you can't lift the car about 5 feet up.

Link Posted: 9/7/2004 6:41:11 AM EST

Originally Posted By fight4yourrights:
Now, let's talk EXHAUST SYSTEMS.

The stock ones suck. I pulled mine off at 150 miles

IF you like a nice sound, low rumble at low rpms, great big block sound at higher rpms, take a look at the Borla Stinger system.

You can do the install yourself, but you'll need to cut off the stock system if you can't lift the car about 5 feet up.

Did you notice any seat of the pants gain???
Link Posted: 9/7/2004 6:43:28 AM EST

Did you notice any seat of the pants gain???

Yes, but...........you know how it is, louder seems faster.

The car runs like a raped ape as it is.

Buy exhaust for the sound, not the supposed HP gain.

Also, watch out for the air intakes - too many stories of water getting sucked up into the engine and causing damage.
Link Posted: 9/7/2004 7:25:42 AM EST
Maybe youll be one of those other club guys I know. The ones who trade their Vette for a Viper.
Link Posted: 9/7/2004 7:59:43 AM EST
Nice car... Friend picked up a maroon anniversary edition last year.

Good luck and be safe with it !
Link Posted: 9/7/2004 8:03:16 AM EST
Beautiful! Enjoy!
Link Posted: 9/7/2004 8:05:26 AM EST

Yep, automatic.

call me when u learn to drive a real car.

I know it s vette, but an AUTO!!! thats it, turn in your testicles and penis, you are no longer a man.
Link Posted: 9/7/2004 8:05:46 AM EST
NICE !!!

Link Posted: 9/7/2004 10:45:24 AM EST
An automatic Vette? Why even buy a sports car.

Link Posted: 9/7/2004 10:46:55 AM EST

Originally Posted By Timanator:

Lets see the picture of your awesome stick shift Vette.
Link Posted: 9/7/2004 11:03:10 AM EST
Congrats! I picked up a silver 2001 C5 in April and have been having a blast in it. Mine is the A4 too, btw.
Link Posted: 9/7/2004 11:04:17 AM EST

HA! owned.

Although i kinda agree, but it is all just a matter of personal preference.
Link Posted: 9/7/2004 11:05:44 AM EST
[Last Edit: 9/7/2004 11:06:30 AM EST by Specop_007]
Question....

Why the C5 and not hold out for the C6?? Its currently available isnt it? And around the same price if not a touch cheaper with better performance I thought...

Aside from that... YOU SUCK!!! (A Vette is my dream car. Want one SOOOO badly)
Link Posted: 9/7/2004 11:07:54 AM EST
... Nice!

... Sweet looking ride, rag-tops flat rule
Link Posted: 9/7/2004 11:08:22 AM EST
Congratulations.

I picked up my C5 about two months ago, and still grin ear to ear when I drive it.

I highly doubt you will be dissapointed.
Link Posted: 9/7/2004 11:11:39 AM EST

...!

Link Posted: 9/7/2004 11:26:12 AM EST
[Last Edit: 9/7/2004 11:27:14 AM EST by u-baddog]

Originally Posted By Noname:

www.students.bucknell.edu/clanger/%5Carfcom%5Cowned1.jpg...!

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHHAHAHAH­AHA
YOU OWE ME A KEYBOARD. Damn spit soda everywere
Link Posted: 9/7/2004 11:32:03 AM EST
[Last Edit: 9/7/2004 11:32:36 AM EST by 223-Buckaroo]
Don't let 'em give you grief over the auto...... just look at it the way I do.

"I'm making the payments, the car can do the damn shifting."

(FWIW, I've never had a Vette, but my '95 Z28 was an Auto, and so is my '04 Silverado)

Congrats on the new toy !

Link Posted: 9/7/2004 12:02:02 PM EST
Not to highjack this thread or anything, but I just came to the realization that whenever I have seen lvgunner777's screen name, I have been pronouncing it to myself as "love gunner."

That's really gay of me.

Just thought everyone should know. Time to look into some therapy or something.
Link Posted: 9/7/2004 12:22:20 PM EST
Those cars should be banned. There is no reason to exceed the speed limit. Exceeding the speed limit kills inocent people. I think they should be 3 times their current price to keep them out of 99.9% of the publics hands and require "SPECIAL" training of atleast a year before you can operate or own a "dangerous manufactured car". Not only that but insurance should be unbeleiveably sky rocket thru the roof high. Those things shpuld not be permitted in public and if you cant keep and drive it only in your yard you should be punished and the population at large should be able to sue you.

Opps sorry I thought this was the pit bull thread.
Link Posted: 9/7/2004 12:31:49 PM EST
All that extra power should come in handy when you're hauling that nice boat around. When ya putting the trailer hitch on.
Link Posted: 9/7/2004 12:45:11 PM EST
sweet. These things are calling to me....

Can I ask you about how much they are going for? Did you get it new or used?

hmmmm....

must .....resist....look away!
Link Posted: 9/7/2004 2:38:00 PM EST
Very nice car.
Link Posted: 9/7/2004 2:42:19 PM EST
You could have bought the top 25 posters brand new SR-25's with that money.
Link Posted: 9/7/2004 2:58:47 PM EST
Congrats, awesome vette. Hoping to join the club next spring myself. Enjoy!!
Link Posted: 9/7/2004 3:05:48 PM EST
[Last Edit: 9/7/2004 3:25:05 PM EST by luger355]
nice ride,

The way i look at the manual/ auto transmission thing is.

if you wish DRIVE/race a vehicle you get a manual

if you wish to RIDE/cruse in a vehicle you get an auto.

That being said i choose an auto. i dont intend on racing the 500 anythime soon during rush hour.

However you could have saved your self 15k and got yourself a mustang SVT and spend the rest of the money on hookers and blow.

Link Posted: 9/7/2004 3:09:11 PM EST
Link Posted: 9/7/2004 3:18:25 PM EST

Originally Posted By jtw2:
sweet. These things are calling to me....

Can I ask you about how much they are going for? Did you get it new or used?

hmmmm....

must .....resist....look away!

New 2004 Z06, Black/Black sticker price was $54,000 got it for $43,000, (I've heard of even better deals) out the door, now is the time to buy, dealers are trying to get rid of this years models, something to do with their allotments for the C6. Would post pics but never took time to figure it out. I also have a 1975 I am currently restoring.
Link Posted: 9/7/2004 9:47:26 PM EST
[Last Edit: 9/7/2004 9:49:41 PM EST by Hoople]
OH YEAH billyw9, now thats a Corvette!
My girlfriend bought a black '02 Z06 back in February and I still can't stop grinning like an idiot everytime I drive it. Ya gotta love 405HP American V-8's, looking forward to the C6 Z06 rumored to be in the 500 HP neighborhood.
Link Posted: 9/7/2004 9:51:54 PM EST
Thinking about the all new 2005 vette. Although 50k seems a bit steep...
Link Posted: 9/7/2004 9:54:12 PM EST
I keep thinking about getting that 79 Vette when I read these threads.

But its $3500 of gun money
Link Posted: 9/8/2004 3:23:29 AM EST
[Last Edit: 9/8/2004 3:25:29 AM EST by billyw9]

Originally Posted By Hoople:
OH YEAH billyw9, now thats a Corvette!
My girlfriend bought a black '02 Z06 back in February and I still can't stop grinning like an idiot everytime I drive it. Ya gotta love 405HP American V-8's, looking forward to the C6 Z06 rumored to be in the 500 HP neighborhood.

I get an insane grin everytime I downshift and accelerate out of a corner, sometimes I even giggle like a kid. Never had this sort of reaction to a car before.
Link Posted: 9/8/2004 3:34:34 AM EST
i'm holding out for one too!! ZO6 in my future? ...ummmmaaaaybe!
Link Posted: 9/8/2004 5:33:23 AM EST
Link Posted: 9/8/2004 5:36:41 AM EST
So, when are you going to drop an intercooled Turbo on that and make some sERIOUS horsepower?
Link Posted: 9/8/2004 5:38:47 AM EST
Link Posted: 9/8/2004 6:47:26 AM EST

Originally Posted By ken_mays:
Now you know you will never be able to exceed the speed limit.

Seriously, around here there is no driver slower than somebody behind the wheel of a Corvette. Maybe they realize what a cop magnet it is, or maybe they are content just to look fast.

Fastest I've been in the Z06 in 83 MPH, It's simply too dangerous here to see what the top end is, I have taken some really slow corners at the max posted speed limit thoughI have noticed that you seem more likely to recieve a ticket while driving something that catches the eye, as opposed to say my trusty pickup.
Link Posted: 9/8/2004 6:49:34 AM EST

Originally Posted By SC-Texas:
So, when are you going to drop an intercooled Turbo on that and make some sERIOUS horsepower?

I had thought that once the warranty ran out about maybe getting a supercharger, but its stupid fast as it is. The car far exceeds my driving ability as it is.
Link Posted: 9/8/2004 6:50:50 AM EST
[Last Edit: 9/8/2004 6:51:12 AM EST by ar50troll]

Originally Posted By SHIVAN:
Should have gotten the ZO6.........

Should have gotten a Viper. I meet many vette owners who came to their senses and got rid of their vette for a true supercar. Corvette is OK. it just get's lost in the parking lot. And it's a sports car, not a true supercar. I can spin my wheels going 110 miles an hour...stock. A vette can't do that. And I am at 120 in 4th gear, with 2 gears to go. A vette can't do that.
Link Posted: 9/8/2004 6:55:13 AM EST
I test drove a z06 and had it about 60 mph in second gear, I shifted the third hard and the ass end broke loose. (thank god for traction control) Granted, it was a used one and the tires were kind of worn but that is serious no bullshit power.

My car being an a4 doesn't bother me one bit, there are very few cars on the street that are faster and to be honest, I really don't care anyway. This car slams you back in your seat when you hit the power band and kicks some some serious ass in my opinion. Hell, pulling a mid 13 in the quarter bone stock is pretty damned good if you ask me. Considering a stock GT mustang is a high 15 second car all day long. (5 speed, an auto would put you up in the 16's)

I am planning on adding a Black Wing intake or even just doing something called the "ziptie" mod with a kandN air filter, either one of those should gain a true 12-15 horsepower. The stock intake on these cars suck from what I understand.

This is a great resource for any Vette lovers/owners out there:

forums.corvetteforum.com/index.php?
Link Posted: 9/8/2004 7:00:44 AM EST

Originally Posted By ar50troll:

Should have gotten a Viper. I meet many vette owners who came to their senses and got rid of their vette for a true supercar. Corvette is OK. it just get's lost in the parking lot. And it's a sports car, not a true supercar. I can spin my wheels going 110 miles an hour...stock. A vette can't do that. And I am at 120 in 4th gear, with 2 gears to go. A vette can't do that.

the diff. being, a Vette is an American Icon, a true driver's machine. a Viper goes fast in a straight line, thats it....they handle for shit and become unstable at higher speeds due to aerodynamics. impressive car....yes...would i own one over a Vette?? no F*CKING way.
Link Posted: 9/8/2004 7:22:46 AM EST

I test drove a z06 and had it about 60 mph in second gear, I shifted the third hard and the ass end broke loose. (thank god for traction control) Granted, it was a used one and the tires were kind of worn but that is serious no bullshit power.

My car being an a4 doesn't bother me one bit, there are very few cars on the street that are faster and to be honest, I really don't care anyway. This car slams you back in your seat when you hit the power band and kicks some some serious ass in my opinion. Hell, pulling a mid 13 in the quarter bone stock is pretty damned good if you ask me. Considering a stock GT mustang is a high 15 second car all day long. (5 speed, an auto would put you up in the 16's)

I am planning on adding a Black Wing intake or even just doing something called the "ziptie" mod with a kandN air filter, either one of those should gain a true 12-15 horsepower. The stock intake on these cars suck from what I understand.

This is a great resource for any Vette lovers/owners out there:

forums.corvetteforum.com/index.php?

I found the vette forum site a month or so ago. Does the non Z06 have the push button "Competitve mode"? I've been experimenting with the "Modes" the last couple of week ends
Link Posted: 9/8/2004 7:25:56 AM EST
[Last Edit: 9/8/2004 7:26:18 AM EST by ar50troll]

Originally Posted By StykUrHedUp:

Originally Posted By ar50troll:

the diff. being, a Vette is an American Icon, a true driver's machine. a Viper goes fast in a straight line, thats it....they handle for shit and become unstable at higher speeds due to aerodynamics. impressive car....yes...would i own one over a Vette?? no F*CKING way.

I have read some funny stuff here, but this one ranks up there. I don't track (read abuse) my car a lot so I dunno about doing slaloms at high speed.
I can guarrantee you that Viper is an American icon. And it is indeed a true drivers machine. I have never seen a ferrari owner swap keys with a vette owner. I do this on a regular basis. That has got to be worth something. And please don't try to bash Ferrari. Sure they are not American, but there is Ferrari, then everything else...plain and simple.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 3
Top Top