Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 3/8/2006 5:11:25 PM EDT
OK when I click on a new link from a window on the net, the new window that pp's open is ALWAYS only a partial screen. I've tried resizing the window to full screen manually then closing out and reopening and this usually works.

But this time it seems stuck in partial window mode and I can't figure out how to fix it.

Help?

I'm running Windows XP home media center edition.........
Link Posted: 3/8/2006 5:16:55 PM EDT
[#1]
Hold down on the shift key while resizing, this usually works.
Link Posted: 3/8/2006 5:25:28 PM EDT
[#2]
Try this, it's what I use

IE maximizer
Link Posted: 3/8/2006 5:28:37 PM EDT
[#3]
take your hands and extend them out in front of you. curl your fingers until the tips touch your palms.  then place your thumbs across the tops of your fingers.  raise your hands as high as you can, then bring them down in a swift motion, impacting the keyboard as hard as you can.  this should solve the problem
Link Posted: 3/8/2006 5:33:56 PM EDT
[#4]
So it opens in full-screen when you start it normally?

Link Posted: 3/8/2006 5:36:21 PM EDT
[#5]
For example ARFCOM opens to a full screen but anything I open subsequent or through that page like the mail server, opens at a half a page.
Link Posted: 3/8/2006 5:36:51 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
take your hands and extend them out in front of you. curl your fingers until the tips touch your palms.  then place your thumbs across the tops of your fingers.  raise your hands as high as you can, then bring them down in a swift motion, impacting the keyboard as hard as you can.  this should solve the problem

like this
Link Posted: 3/8/2006 5:58:48 PM EDT
[#7]
right click on the shortcut and go to properties.

Under Run: choose "maximized"

Then OK.

See if that fixes it.
Link Posted: 3/8/2006 8:01:13 PM EDT
[#8]
Open one and only one window.

Click on the central button on the upper right--the one between Minimize and Close.

You should now see the small window.

Resize that window.  Make it full size if you want, but do it by clicking and dragging the corners/edges.

Now maximize and then close that window.

Now when you click on a link, it should open as whatever "small-window" size you set.

Jim
Link Posted: 3/9/2006 3:54:48 AM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
Open one and only one window.

Click on the central button on the upper right--the one between Minimize and Close.

You should now see the small window.

Resize that window.  Make it full size if you want, but do it by clicking and dragging the corners/edges.

Now maximize and then close that window.

Now when you click on a link, it should open as whatever "small-window" size you set.

Jim

Thank you. This is what always works for me but I can never remember it when I need it.

Thanks for posting!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top