Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/28/2004 7:58:59 AM EDT
Link Posted: 8/28/2004 8:04:51 AM EDT
[#1]
live by the sword, die by the sword  (one can only hope!)
Link Posted: 8/28/2004 8:07:16 AM EDT
[#2]
Kerry citation a 'total mystery' to ex-Navy chief

August 28, 2004

BY THOMAS LIPSCOMB

Former Navy Secretary John Lehman has no idea where a Silver Star citation displayed on Democratic presidential nominee John Kerry's campaign Web site came from, he said Friday. The citation appears over Lehman's signature.

"It is a total mystery to me. I never saw it. I never signed it. I never approved it. And the additional language it contains was not written by me," he said.

The additional language varied from the two previous citations, signed first by Adm. Elmo Zumwalt and then Adm. John Hyland, which themselves differ. The new material added in the Lehman citation reads in part: "By his brave actions, bold initiative, and unwavering devotion to duty, Lieutenant (jg) Kerry reflected great credit upon himself...."

Asked how the citation could have been executed over his signature without his knowledge, Lehman said: "I have no idea. I can only imagine they were signed by an autopen." The autopen is a device often used in the routine execution of executive documents in government.

Kerry senior adviser Michael Meehan could not be reached for comment on Kerry's records.
Link Posted: 8/28/2004 8:08:46 AM EDT
[#3]

"Well, if he wants to have a debate about our service in Vietnam, here is my answer: Bring it on."
~ Hanoi-John Kerry,
August 20, 2004.

Link Posted: 8/28/2004 8:10:24 AM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 8/28/2004 8:14:05 AM EDT
[#5]
Doc to kerry:  Just how did this ketchup bottle get stuck up your ass John?

Kerry to Doc: Theresa and my boy friend Eddy said this is what I deserve for dragging them into this mess.

Doc to kerry: I'm a vet John.

Kerry to doc:  What does that mean Doc.

Doc to kerry:  Gonna have to break this bottle with a hammer to get it out and we are slap out of anesthesia.

Link Posted: 8/28/2004 8:22:59 AM EDT
[#6]
How many variations of awards and citations does this guy have? All of these are on Kerry's website.

If you want them you should copy them. I doubt they will be there much longer.

Military Service Awards [pdf: 1.3MB]

Bronze Star [pdf: 301kb]

DD214 [pdf: 361kb]

Silver Star [pdf: 311kb]
Link Posted: 8/28/2004 8:24:48 AM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 8/28/2004 8:28:03 AM EDT
[#8]
Is it remotely possible, I mean can there be any reasonable explanation for so many conflicting stories and controversy about j F'ing kerry's decorations?

"Reporting for duty" my ass.  
Link Posted: 8/28/2004 8:36:11 AM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

+1
Link Posted: 8/28/2004 8:42:34 AM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 8/28/2004 8:53:31 AM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:
Some libs I know are harping on the autopen issue.  I've worked for NY's governor for 8 years.  Autopens are used a lot, by the Governor's office and agency commissioners alike.  I'll tell you this, not a single letter, request or Christmas card comes in from a state legislator or member of congress that is not duly noted, mentioned in monthly reports and the commissioner or Governor does not address personally.  Its not the autopen signature that bothers me, its the fact that it happened without Lehman being aware.  Seems to indicate to me an inside job where someone was asked to backdoor the change and not have it cross Lehman's desk.  Sorry, requests for amendments to citations for Silver Stars do not get shuffled through like normal paperwork, especially when that person is a sitting senator.

Hummmm, is the jig up???

I wonder where the major networks/newsies are on this story?
Link Posted: 8/28/2004 9:01:08 AM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

Following the Abu Graihb prison story.
Link Posted: 8/28/2004 9:04:58 AM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Yup...That's my point.  The Leftist simpletons are no where to be found on this subject as far as I can tell.
Link Posted: 8/28/2004 9:05:10 AM EDT
[#14]
.....And the drama continues. Where there's smoke there's gotta be some fire. And the smoke in this case is as thick and dense as the oil well fires in Kuwait back in 1991! LOL. I hope Kerry has a good supply of Prozac and valium.
Link Posted: 8/28/2004 9:06:11 AM EDT
[#15]

the meltdown continues!
Link Posted: 8/28/2004 9:09:34 AM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:
Kerry citation a 'total mystery' to ex-Starfleet chief

Stardate 4554.1

BY THOMAS LIPSCOMB

Former Starfleet Admiral James T. Kirk has no idea where a Federation citation displayed on Democratic presidential nominee John Kerry's campaign Web site came from, he said Friday. The citation appears over Kirk's signature.

"It is a total mystery to me. I never saw it. I never signed it. I never approved it. And the additional language it contains was not written by me," he said.

The additional language varied from the two previous citations, signed first by Science Officer Spock and then Lt. Sulu, which themselves differ. The new material added in the Kirk citation reads in part: "By his brave actions, bold initiative, and unwavering devotion to duty, Lieutenant (jg) Kerry reflected great credit upon himself and dared to boldly go where no man had ever gone before...."

Asked how the citation could have been executed over his signature without his knowledge, Lehman said: "I have no idea. I can only imagine they were signed by an Klingon. I'll bet it was that fokker Khan."

Kerry senior adviser Michael Meehan could not be reached for comment on Kerry's records.

fixed
Link Posted: 8/28/2004 9:18:36 AM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Kerry citation a 'total mystery' to ex-Starfleet chief

Stardate 4554.1

BY THOMAS LIPSCOMB

Former Starfleet Admiral James T. Kirk has no idea where a Federation citation displayed on Democratic presidential nominee John Kerry's campaign Web site came from, he said Friday. The citation appears over Kirk's signature.

The additional language varied from the two previous citations, signed first by Science Officer Spock and then Lt. Sulu, which themselves differ. The new material added in the Kirk citation reads in part: "By his brave actions, bold initiative, and unwavering devotion to duty, Lieutenant (jg) Kerry reflected great credit upon himself and dared to boldly go where no man had ever gone before...."

Asked how the citation could have been executed over his signature without his knowledge, Lehman said: "I have no idea. I can only imagine they were signed by an Klingon. I'll bet it was that fokker Khan."

fixed

So you think the Klingons are Leftist Demo's???  Nah
Link Posted: 8/28/2004 9:25:17 AM EDT
[#18]
I wouldn't put much into the "I didn't sign it" since senior officers hardly ever sign the awards that are given out, even if  they are the awarding authority.

However what is appears strange is that there are several different awarding authorities.   The secretary of the services are the award authority, in the name of President, for silver stars.  I don't think SS's are delegatable to the service chief level much less regionally component commanders.    
Link Posted: 8/28/2004 9:33:47 AM EDT
[#19]
The question remains, though, where does it go from here?  How long can the Democratic party play damage control until the entire thing goes up in smoke?  
Link Posted: 8/28/2004 9:49:00 AM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Yup...That's my point.  The Leftist simpletons are no where to be found on this subject as far as I can tell.

Communist Goal #21: Gain control of key positions in radio, TV, and motion pictures.

www.uhuh.com/nwo/communism/comgoals.htm
Link Posted: 8/28/2004 10:17:57 AM EDT
[#21]
Link Posted: 8/28/2004 10:22:00 AM EDT
[#22]
As damning as this and all the other reports about this degenerate are, I don't really see how any of this will hurt him.

Sure, WE know, and the people immediately around us know, but do the fence sitting morons all across the nation know? Nope, and they won't know because the leftists in the media sure as hell won't bring this up. They are the ones that will decide the election, not those of us who are decided and see things in black and white.
Link Posted: 8/28/2004 10:29:45 AM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:

the meltdown continues!

No, the major media won't touch this story or any of the others related to the controversy of the 3 citations
Link Posted: 8/28/2004 1:42:39 PM EDT
[#24]
Link Posted: 8/28/2004 2:50:52 PM EDT
[#25]
Is this the one that was issued in the 1980s?

Personally, I'd never heard of an award citation being redone twice after the original.
Link Posted: 8/28/2004 2:56:14 PM EDT
[#26]
Link Posted: 8/28/2004 3:07:12 PM EDT
[#27]
If you took the unlimited dishonesty of LBJ, the immeasurable ineptitude of Jimmy Carter, and the a-moral self-absorption of Bill Clinton, you would still have a better human being than John Kerry.
Link Posted: 8/28/2004 6:07:49 PM EDT
[#28]

Quoted:
If you took the unlimited dishonesty of LBJ, the immeasurable ineptitude of Jimmy Carter, and the a-moral self-absorption of Bill Clinton, you would still have a better human being than John Kerry.

That bears repeating!  Well said.
Link Posted: 8/28/2004 6:11:45 PM EDT
[#29]

Quoted:

damn, I'm taking that for my new sig line if you don't mind...
Link Posted: 8/28/2004 6:22:31 PM EDT
[#30]
Damn...that's like the Frankenstein monster of democrats.  

Wait a minute...how could we tell?
Link Posted: 8/28/2004 7:31:54 PM EDT
[#31]
My guess--Kerry was in the process of "enhancing" his Silver Star credential in an effort to later get it upgraded to Navy Cross or Congressional Medal of Honor.

GunLvr
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top