Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
9/22/2017 12:11:25 AM
Posted: 12/13/2003 9:06:27 PM EDT
It's not a reseading hairline but it looks more like my hair is getting thinner.

I'm only 21 years old, is there anything I can do to stop or at least slow it down until I get married and have kids so then it won't matter anymore.
Link Posted: 12/13/2003 9:15:34 PM EDT
Yeah, but all require daily medication and aren't cheap. Just go for the 'bald' look now when everyone thinks it's a choice. When it is not they won't know the difference. [;)]
Link Posted: 12/13/2003 9:18:24 PM EDT
Are you male? Are you past puberty? Are you about average genetically? Unless you answered "no" to at least one of these questions, yes, you are going bald. The trick to not looking like a freak, and remaining marketable to women is this: DO NOT TRY TO HIDE IT. No comb-overs, no Hair-in-a-Can, no cheesy transplants. The less hair you have, the shorter it should be. While objectively, you probably look better with more hair than with less, a bare scalp or thin hair , if you're not doing something stupid in a futile effort to hide it, broadcasts at a subconscious level "Careful, Ladies: Active testosterone level coupled with bulletproof ego at work here. Do not approach if you cannot tolerate self-confidence and vigorous penetration!"
Link Posted: 12/13/2003 9:19:46 PM EDT
You obviously are too young to go bald because you think it's the hair on your head that gets you a wife. It's the bulge in your wallet that gets you a wife.
Link Posted: 12/13/2003 9:21:06 PM EDT
My girlfriend enjoys picking gray hairs out of my head pretty often. Also, I think my hair may be getting a little thinner and receding too............and I'm only 19!!!! [>(]
Link Posted: 12/13/2003 9:22:03 PM EDT
Hair is highly over-rated.
Link Posted: 12/13/2003 9:22:44 PM EDT
Twenty-one and you've already rubbed off a lot of the hair on the headboard? Some guys have all the luck![:D] Wear a hat all the time like Kenny Chesney or Ron Howard. Just kidding! I feel for you. Mine probably started thinning later, but I've found there isn't much you can do. Haven't tried any "medical" treatments.
Link Posted: 12/13/2003 9:24:50 PM EDT
Originally Posted By Adam_White: Hair is highly over-rated.
View Quote
Sounds like a bald guy compensating [peep]
Link Posted: 12/13/2003 9:26:22 PM EDT
join the club Q ball
Link Posted: 12/13/2003 9:35:51 PM EDT
rogain(sp?) works
Link Posted: 12/13/2003 9:37:51 PM EDT
Originally Posted By David_Hineline: You obviously are too young to go bald because you think it's the hair on your head that gets you a wife. It's the bulge in your wallet that gets you a wife.
View Quote
I always thought it was a different bulge...
Link Posted: 12/13/2003 9:42:04 PM EDT
Originally Posted By tac45: It's not a reseading hairline but it looks more like my hair is getting thinner. I'm only 21 years old, is there anything I can do to stop or at least slow it down until I get married and have kids so then it won't matter anymore.[:D]
View Quote
[b]Deal With It[/b] It's not the end of the world, just think of the savings on shampoo and conditioner, and if you wear what you have left of it real short, you wont need a comb or a brush either. Sorry there is no discount on haircuts for the follically challenged, from what I hear. [rofl2]
Link Posted: 12/13/2003 9:45:29 PM EDT
If it helps, I have gotten WAY more attention from the ladies since I started shaving my head. It really doesn't matter how much hair you have, its all about confidence & being comfortable with yourself. As someone already said, don't hide it, that just makes you look goofy. Shave it bald & work out (the Mr. Clean look) chicks dig it & it's very low maintenance. Besides, when you shave it, you will often get women asking to rub your head.[:D]
Link Posted: 12/13/2003 10:06:30 PM EDT
I'd have no problems shaving it if I didn't have this damn odd shaped head. I'm cursed I tell ya!
Link Posted: 12/13/2003 10:10:01 PM EDT
Well, if you have an odd shaped head then either invest in hats or get really fat, the extra blubber should disguise the shape of your head.
Link Posted: 12/13/2003 10:22:37 PM EDT
Im 34 in a couple of days and mine just started thinning in the last two years. Ive been shaving it to skin for the last 6 months. Im actually enjoying not having hair.
Link Posted: 12/14/2003 9:41:10 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 12/14/2003 9:47:34 AM EDT by kill-9]
[size=4]I Think I'm Going Bald[/size=4] [b]by Rush[/b] I looked in the mirror today My eyes just didn't seem so bright I've lost a few more hairs I think I'm, I'm going bald I think I'm going bald! Seems like only yesterday We would sit and talk of dreams all night Dreams of youth And simple truths Now we're all so involved So involved with life Walk down vanity fair Memory lane everywhere Wall Street shuffles there Dressed in flowing hair Once we loved the flowers Now we ask the price of the land Once we would take water But now it must be wine Now we've been And now we've seen What price peace of mind Take a piece of my mind My life is slipping away I'm aging every day But even when I'm gray I'll still be gray my way
Link Posted: 12/14/2003 9:44:30 AM EDT
Link Posted: 12/14/2003 9:48:43 AM EDT
My hair started thinning at 28, and now at 32 I have to buzz my head or it looks like shit. Look around, there are a lot more guys balding than with thick hair. And...only girls care about a guy's hair, women don't.
Link Posted: 12/14/2003 9:54:13 AM EDT
God only designed so many perfect heads... ... the rest he made sure stayed covered with hair.
Link Posted: 12/14/2003 9:57:54 AM EDT
Hormone changes is what causes most male bbaldness. And yes, you can stop it pretty easily with medication. The prescription drug Proscar is the same drug in Propecia, just in a stronger dosage. It's cheaper than Propecia, and you can split the pills making it even cheaper. It prevents the conversion of testosterone into the hormone that makes the skin of your scalp thicken, which kills off hair follicles and casues baldness. It works, and works quickly. You can order it without a prescription from this outfit. They're legit [url]http://www.propecia-proscar.com/[/url]
Link Posted: 12/14/2003 10:06:01 AM EDT
A friend of mine in HS was going bald during his last 2 years there...and he knew it. And it preyed on his mind. He wound up getting a weave/rug put on, which I have to say, looks fuckin great. If he didn't tell you, you wouldn't know. It's all about the comfort level. Are you comfortable enough to go around shaving your head, or having patches of hair...or getting something implanted to make it look like you have all your hair? Being 21 though...puts a whole different spin on it. I'm nearing 30 and I have no problems with a head that's been shaved clean (done it 3 times in the last 2 years)..then again, I look like the love child between Sasquatch and Rosie O'Donnel, so no matter what I do, I'm on the losing end of the gene pool [;)] It's all about confidence at your level...IMO.
Link Posted: 12/14/2003 10:18:44 AM EDT
I'm going bald too, and just like tac45 it's not reseading it's getting thiner, and I'm only 20 years old. I keep looking at the hats in the Bushmaster catalog but I'm just to cheep to buy one. Man this is depressing.........[:(]
Link Posted: 12/14/2003 10:24:25 AM EDT
You could join the RONCO hair club for men or you could just not worry about it .
Link Posted: 12/15/2003 4:52:48 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 12/15/2003 4:53:17 AM EDT by prebans]
[b]tac45[/b], I asked this same question a few months back. No sympathy, lots of 'deal with it,' etc. AR15.Com is a great place to discuss guns and politics but it isn't always so great for other stuff. Frankly, my opinion of the average user here has gone down some since making my inquiry-- but it kind of opened my eyes to the fact that this is a GUN board and NOT an anything-else board. My advice to you is to see your doctor and ask him or her. Treatment is available- it's not cheap but there are ways to keep your hair. Good luck, man. Mike
Link Posted: 12/15/2003 5:02:20 AM EDT
Originally Posted By prebans: [b]tac45[/b], I asked this same question a few months back. No sympathy, lots of 'deal with it,' etc. AR15.Com is a great place to discuss guns and politics but it isn't always so great for other stuff. Frankly, my opinion of the average user here has gone down some since making my inquiry-- but it kind of opened my eyes to the fact that this is a GUN board and NOT an anything-else board. Mike
View Quote
What are you talking about?This board never ceases to amaze me about the breadth and depth of the members' knowledge. Maybe it's a little weak on male beauty and vanity tips, but I think my reply gave tac45 a pretty good answer. Works for me, anyway.
Link Posted: 12/15/2003 5:04:16 AM EDT
One word.......Rogaine.
Link Posted: 12/15/2003 5:22:51 AM EDT
I started balding at about 27 or 28...I buzzed it down pretty tight and have never looked back....I wonder why I never did this sooner...
Link Posted: 12/15/2003 5:29:12 AM EDT
[url=http://www.couvre.com/toppik.asp]Your salvation: Couvre[/url]
Link Posted: 12/15/2003 5:41:02 AM EDT
I'm a red head and I believe that genetically red heads normally have the thickest hair well S_W loves pointing out how it's thinning on the edges of the hair line. I'm only 17..... Yeah I thought I was good to go because my Mom's father has a full head of hair at almost 60.... FREAKING LIES! They just tell you that so you live happily in your world of ignorance.... [size=1]I'm not bitter[/size=1]
Link Posted: 12/15/2003 6:12:00 AM EDT
I'm not going bald but you know, I kinda wish I was. I agree with Adam_White, "Hair is highly over-rated"
Link Posted: 12/15/2003 6:12:53 AM EDT
Call 1-800-GET-HAIR. I'm serious.
Link Posted: 12/15/2003 6:13:44 AM EDT
Just shave your head bald. It's easier to maintain and you won't gripe about being bald, because you will be bald.
Link Posted: 12/15/2003 6:16:26 AM EDT
you are not going bald, you are just getting taller. growing right thru your hair
Link Posted: 12/15/2003 6:42:53 AM EDT
I started going bald a little less than two years ago, and except for losing all my friends, being scorned by all womenz everywhere, and basically living in front of a computer screen 24/7, my life hasn't changed a bit!! Just kidding. At first it bothered the shit out of me, but really, what could be LESS important in the scheme of things. I am not embarrassed in the least about it now, and womenz (especially the older ones) don't seem to mind either. In time, it will stop bothering you too, I hope.
Link Posted: 12/15/2003 8:30:06 AM EDT
Join the club! Hair doesn't matter as much as you would think. Self confidence is way more important to the girls than a full head of hair. A full head of nice hair may get you to hello faster with a few women, but it's what's under the skin which really counts. Just look at all of the hot chicks with ugly guys, just because they feel that the guy can take care of them. Chicks that "have" to have some hot hunk over everything else are very immature in the first place. Just like the guy that will blow off a excellent good looking woman that really is someone that you "should" make an effort with just to get the chance to smell the hair of some really hot chick that is a total witch. Doesn't make sense. So the moral of the story is just have confidence in yourself, stay well groomed and let the hair fly where it may! Most guys will lose most if not almost all of their hair at some point in their life anyway. [jump]
Top Top