Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 16
Posted: 8/16/2017 9:23:08 PM EDT
Haven't seen one yet and it's fantasy time. Drafts are coming up. Do you take zeke?  Who are the must grab rookies?  What do you do round 5-8?  That's the meat.

It's time to get to work. There's a ton of rookies to get late. Im avoiding zeke and bell. It's hard to those weeks. Julio jones is still a stud and if I can get him mid first round I'll be happy.
Link Posted: 8/16/2017 9:25:49 PM EDT
[#1]
You enjoy the national felon league fantasy bullshit. Early goose starts September 1 and then deer from October through December. Then I'm busy icefishing.  Between the outdoors and work, I don't see the allure of spending my remaining free time studying up on young studs.

Link Posted: 8/16/2017 9:28:36 PM EDT
[#2]
OMG!!! Shut this thread down!!!
This is like the modern day slave auction!
Link Posted: 8/16/2017 9:38:00 PM EDT
[#3]
My main league fucked shit up trying to make it a keeper league but none of them are capable of seeing downhill consequences. It's loosing its luster and fast.

So this year I rolled out the MLGA campaign. Trying to get a simple majority vote to go back to a non keeper league next year. Even got hats. Chooochoooooo

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 8/16/2017 9:39:28 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
Haven't seen one yet and it's fantasy time. Drafts are coming up. Do you take zeke?  Who are the must grab rookies?  What do you do round 5-8?  That's the meat.

It's time to get to work. There's a ton of rookies to get late. Im avoiding zeke and bell. It's hard to those weeks. Julio jones is still a stud and if I can get him mid first round I'll be happy.
View Quote

PPR? Standard? Zeke falls out of the first round with his suspension but I'm tempted to take him in the second round.
Link Posted: 8/16/2017 9:40:10 PM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
You enjoy the national felon league fantasy bullshit. Early goose starts September 1 and then deer from October through December. Then I'm busy icefishing.  Between the outdoors and work, I don't see the allure of spending my remaining free time studying up on young studs.

View Quote
Hey I get a lot of fun out of it. Spring is spent slaying fish. Good luck in the fall!
Link Posted: 8/16/2017 9:42:48 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

PPR? Standard? Zeke falls out of the first round with his suspension but I'm tempted to take him in the second round.
View Quote
Ever play with a rb1 that's out 4 weeks?  It hurts. I'm avoiding him unless he falls to 3rd.  Even then I have a hard time drafting him. Let somebody else deal with that shit.
Link Posted: 8/16/2017 9:43:37 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

Ever play with a rb1 that's out 4 weeks?  It hurts. I'm avoiding him unless he falls to 3rd.
View Quote
You can make up the points of you draft smartly.
Link Posted: 8/16/2017 9:45:27 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

View Quote

I'm not helping you, for all I know you're in our keeper league

Personally I like Foreman as a forgotten rookie RB. Mack Brown being behind 34yr old Gore. Watkins getting traded Zay Jones is interesting. Golladay may be a red zone hog. I've never like Tate and Jones killed me last year(yes I know Tate has caught 90 balls for 3 strait years). Godwin would be an early pick for dynasty, unless Evans or Jackson gets hurt. Nijoku is an interesting dynasty pick. I know, TEs don't do much as a rookie and it's the Browns. But he's an athletic freak and is only 20.
Link Posted: 8/16/2017 9:45:45 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Ever play with a rb1 that's out 4 weeks?  It hurts. I'm avoiding him unless he falls to 3rd.
What round? I'm not doing 2.
Link Posted: 8/16/2017 9:46:19 PM EDT
[#10]
Just got our league set up today, winner is walking away with 1k rounds of 9mm.  Its stored at my house Hopefully it doesn't even need to move at the end of the season.

ETA: I got 9th last year
Link Posted: 8/16/2017 9:47:28 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I'm in no arfcom keeper league.
Link Posted: 8/16/2017 9:51:21 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

I'm in no arfcom keeper league.
View Quote
Neither am I... Todd?
Link Posted: 8/16/2017 9:53:39 PM EDT
[#13]
I'm in an auction league, which is awesome if haven't been in one.  

I think round 2 would be way early for zeke, especially since it's going to be back up by committee.
Link Posted: 8/16/2017 9:56:41 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
I'm in an auction league, which is awesome if haven't been in one.  

I think round 2 would be way early for zeke, especially since it's going to be back up by committee.
View Quote
Keeper/dynasty Zeke is a steal in round 2. Redraft not so much. Auction drafts are fun, just remember not to go crazy and blow your load on the top guys. It's great having Johnson, but not really if your 2nd RB is Duke Johnson cause you got no cash.
Link Posted: 8/16/2017 10:14:50 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

Keeper/dynasty Zeke is a steal in round 2. Redraft not so much. Auction drafts are fun, just remember not to go crazy and blow your load on the top guys. It's great having Johnson, but not really if your 2nd RB is Duke Johnson cause you got no cash.
View Quote
Number 1 rule in fantasy is know your league rules. My main league likes to take QB early. Let's me load up.

I'll take Carr or rivers in the 8th
Link Posted: 8/17/2017 7:39:39 PM EDT
[#16]
Bump. Which rookie y'all targeting?  I'm liking mixon as he should take over role.
Link Posted: 8/17/2017 8:25:22 PM EDT
[#17]
Fournette
Link Posted: 8/17/2017 9:19:27 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
Fournette
View Quote
Ugg. What round?  Drafting rookies in round 2 is tough.
Link Posted: 8/17/2017 9:42:47 PM EDT
[#19]
I'm in a ten team, two keepers league. I imagine he'll go first, or at least top 5. 21st-25th overall.

ETA: The Giants new tight end looks phenomenal, too. His name is escaping me right now, but he could be a sneaky real late rounder.

ETA2: Evan Engram
Link Posted: 8/17/2017 10:07:17 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
I'm in a ten team, two keepers league. I imagine he'll go first, or at least top 5. 21st-25th overall.

ETA: The Giants new tight end looks phenomenal, too. His name is escaping me right now, but he could be a sneaky real late rounder.

ETA2: Evan Engram
View Quote
No way I'm drafting a rookie at that pick. Give me guaranteed production over what could happen. Let somebody else take that stupid risk.
Link Posted: 8/18/2017 12:28:26 AM EDT
[#21]
I'm pick no7 in a 12 man PPR league.  Before the Zeke suspension, there were 3RB, 4WR that would go in the top 7.  Now it's down to 2RB 4 WR, which makes it difficult for me at pick 7.

Tossing up between AJ Green and McCoy.  I'm leaning toward McCoy since round 2 RB seem pretty shit.  I don't want to have to have to get Fournette in round 2.  I'd rather have Baldwin in round 2.

What do you all think?
Link Posted: 8/18/2017 10:16:04 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
I'm pick no7 in a 12 man PPR league.  Before the Zeke suspension, there were 3RB, 4WR that would go in the top 7.  Now it's down to 2RB 4 WR, which makes it difficult for me at pick 7.

Tossing up between AJ Green and McCoy.  I'm leaning toward McCoy since round 2 RB seem pretty shit.  I don't want to have to have to get Fournette in round 2.  I'd rather have Baldwin in round 2.

What do you all think?
View Quote
Careful with McCoy. He looked a little sluggish last night. Just pay attention.
Link Posted: 8/18/2017 1:42:39 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

No way I'm drafting a rookie at that pick. Give me guaranteed production over what could happen. Let somebody else take that stupid risk.
View Quote
Really?

Zeke was first overall pic last year, Fournette looks even better. Young stud in a good staple position on a good team, that could be kept for years.

There is no such thing as "guaranteed production over what could happen". That's literally what makes Fantasy Football a thing.
Link Posted: 8/18/2017 1:55:28 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

What do you all think?
View Quote
I stock up on RBs early. Quality RBs that go the distance seem to becoming scarcer and scarcer as the league becomes more pass based. It is much harder to pick up or stream RBs down the stretch than it is with WRs. I'd be happy with McCoy AND Fournette.

Snake draft?
Link Posted: 8/18/2017 1:58:27 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

Really?

Zeke was first overall pic last year, Fournette looks even better. Young stud in a good staple position on a good team, that could be kept for years.

There is no such thing as "guaranteed production over what could happen". That's literally what makes Fantasy Football a thing.
View Quote
Didn't realize it was a keeper. He would be hot in that format.
Link Posted: 8/18/2017 5:12:29 PM EDT
[#26]
I really want to pick up Christian mccaffrey. I think the guys going to Offensive rookie of the year.  
Link Posted: 8/18/2017 5:13:15 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

I stock up on RBs early. Quality RBs that go the distance seem to becoming scarcer and scarcer as the league becomes more pass based. It is much harder to pick up or stream RBs down the stretch than it is with WRs. I'd be happy with McCoy AND Fournette.

Snake draft?
View Quote
Rounds 1-2 I normally go RB. An elite back is much harder to find then a wideout.  I'm targeting Devante Parker in the middle rounds, that kid is going to have a hell of a year. 
Link Posted: 8/18/2017 5:25:18 PM EDT
[#28]
Link Posted: 8/18/2017 5:27:58 PM EDT
[#29]
I need to read up, I haven't been paying any attention.

I've been commish of the same league for like 12 yrs.
Link Posted: 8/18/2017 6:23:04 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
Rounds 1-2 I normally go RB. An elite back is much harder to find then a wideout.  I'm targeting Devante Parker in the middle rounds, that kid is going to have a hell of a year. 
View Quote
He was my sleeper but now he's getting a ton of talk and cutler loves him. Dammit. He was going to be my secret weapon as I'm a Louisville cardinal fan. He was a monster in college but has been playing hurt previous seasons.

Agree on rb. I'd like a pick in the top 5. Johnson is like having a player and a half. I'm concerned about bell getting hurt again.
Link Posted: 8/18/2017 6:34:57 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

Didn't realize it was a keeper. He would be hot in that format.
View Quote
Im pretty sure he's hot in every format. I think he's going around top 12 in redraft leagues. Only reason he is after 20 in my league is because he is new to the league and couldn't be kept from last year. And Im counting the twenty kept players as picks.
Link Posted: 8/18/2017 6:36:00 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
View Quote
Absolutely, on all counts. I might even go so far as to say first three rounds.
Link Posted: 8/18/2017 6:50:58 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

Im pretty sure he's hot in every format. I think he's going around top 12 in redraft leagues. Only reason he is after 20 in my league is because he is new to the league and couldn't be kept from last year. And Im counting the twenty kept players as picks.
View Quote
I'm warming up to him. I don't know what to do with zeke. I'm trying to avoid him if I can.
Link Posted: 8/18/2017 7:09:13 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

Snake draft?
View Quote
Yeah snake draft. I'm honestly not sold on fournette. The Jags offense is a dumpster fire
Link Posted: 8/18/2017 7:38:40 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

Yeah snake draft. I'm honestly not sold on fournette. The Jags offense is a dumpster fire
View Quote
I don't follow the Jags outside of the mainstream but I personally feel like Cam and their offense with Fournette are tailored to PPR fantasy football.
Link Posted: 8/18/2017 9:10:28 PM EDT
[#36]
Got the #1 pick in my 12 man .5 ppr league. Gonna go with Johnson and hope Zeke falls to 25 .  

If not my hopeful target list list will be:

Dez
Amari Cooper
Ajayi
Miller
Cooks
Fournette

In that order. To get two of those guys would be a great start.

I know what's going to happen. Gronk is going to be sitting there and I have always preached to pass on TEs early and my gut says pass, but the reward is so high if he has a complete season. We shall see.
Link Posted: 8/18/2017 9:22:49 PM EDT
[#37]
If you go gronk it kills your team.
Link Posted: 8/18/2017 9:42:58 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
View Quote
Yeah. Gonna pass. Just came up with this in a simulator:

Link Posted: 8/18/2017 9:45:27 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
View Quote
I'm targeting Olson or OJ Howard. 
Link Posted: 8/18/2017 10:08:03 PM EDT
[#40]
Team name "THE RUSSIAN HACKERS"
Link Posted: 8/18/2017 10:11:12 PM EDT
[#41]
Is anyone in an IDP league? Anyone with a target?

Im hoping people forgot about Landon Collins.
Link Posted: 8/18/2017 10:18:49 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
Is anyone in an IDP league? Anyone with a target?

Im hoping people forgot about Landon Collins.
View Quote
Kwon Alexander and Joey Bosa.
Link Posted: 8/18/2017 10:38:00 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

I don't follow the Jags outside of the mainstream but I personally feel like Cam and their offense with Fournette are tailored to PPR fantasy football.
View Quote
Is Fournette much of a reciever?  He didn't play this week and didn't catch anything last week.

With a shit QB and a shit O line, I'm not keen on any Jags RB.  Everyone will just stack the box
Link Posted: 8/18/2017 10:58:41 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

Is Fournette much of a reciever?  He didn't play this week and didn't catch anything last week.

With a shit QB and a shit O line, I'm not keen on any Jags RB.  Everyone will just stack the box
View Quote
I'd put him at 30-40 catches in a full rookie season.

Bortles and co. looked pretty horrible, but it is preseason and I'm hoping the Bucs D is actually pretty damn good.
Link Posted: 8/18/2017 11:29:18 PM EDT
[#45]
My league is a auction draft and im considering blowing my load on D. Johnson and D. Freeman and picking up what i can for qb/wr/te's. The RB position killed me last year(injuries), had Rodgers for QB and was able to effectively use middile of the road recievers. Did poorly with my record but was able to score the 2nd highest points over the season. Just ended up very unlucky.

Looking at player lists I keep gravitating towards Oakland. They have a good to outstanding player at almost every position and they could be a steal in drafts. Part of me wants risk doubling/tripling up on Raiders just because.
Link Posted: 8/19/2017 10:03:56 PM EDT
[#46]
Here's my squad in draft order after today's 11 man .5 PPR draft from the #1 slot:

David Johnson
Amari Cooper
Dez Bryant
Dalvin Cook
Alshon Jefferey
Jamison Crowder
Adrian Peterson (shocked he made it this far, but a lot of guys were down on his prospects this year)
Derrick Henry
Charles Sims
Zay Jones
Jameis Winston (homer pick)
Evan Engram (Ugh, went with the upside vs Ebron's pedestrian ass)
Houston
Vinatieri

I was happy with it. Missed out on Hunter Henry by a slot to make it a spectacular draft, IMO.
Link Posted: 8/20/2017 9:32:05 AM EDT
[#47]
That's a very good draft.
Link Posted: 8/20/2017 11:09:31 AM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:
That's a very good draft.
View Quote
Thanks. I was excited about it. We had one new guy on that drafted Julio at 4 then fell apart with some weird picks, but everyone else were vets. I was especially excited about my 2/3 picks. 
Link Posted: 8/20/2017 11:52:49 AM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
Thanks. I was excited about it. We had one new guy on that drafted Julio at 4 then fell apart with some weird picks, but everyone else were vets. I was especially excited about my 2/3 picks. 
View Quote
The crowder and zay jones pics are money for where you hit them.
Link Posted: 8/20/2017 12:28:50 PM EDT
[#50]
Thanks.

What do you guys think will end up happening with Peterson if Ingram stays healthy? 

Im guessing he will have a couple of good games when Ingram can't get it going, but not much more than that.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 16
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top