Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 3/28/2009 12:19:51 PM EDT
The Uncle Mikes chinese piece of shit that my agency issued me fell apart after a week, snap pulled through the carrier Of course they don't issue anything else since most of the officers don't even carry OC Spray anymore, but it's all I get.

Anyone got a suggestion for an OC Spray carrier that is sturdy as hell? Open top or covered is okay as long as the body of the can is protected. My problem seems to be that where I carry my spray, the snap seems to hit the steering wheel when exiting my car, and I'm in and out of my vehicle 30-40 times a shift.
Link Posted: 3/28/2009 12:23:59 PM EDT
[#1]
Safariland, all the way. Ive had the same OC carrier for 13 years and it still looks almost new.
Link Posted: 3/28/2009 12:38:11 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
Safariland, all the way. Ive had the same OC carrier for 13 years and it still looks almost new.

Bianchi Accumold Elite
Link Posted: 3/28/2009 2:37:49 PM EDT
[#3]
Another vote for Safariland. Our dept uses them as well.
Link Posted: 3/28/2009 5:32:03 PM EDT
[#4]
Another vote for Bianchi Accumold Elite.
Link Posted: 3/28/2009 5:56:05 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Another vote for Safariland. Our dept uses them as well.

i vote this or if you want to go cheap I use to use one from uniformswarehouse.com and nobody could tell it was not a top of the line brand,
Link Posted: 3/28/2009 9:49:03 PM EDT
[#6]
Thanks guys

I'm going to talk to the folks in property and see if they can come up with a used accumold.. most of what they used to issue is accumold, but they decided to go cheap Worst case it's $20 for a Bianchi..
Link Posted: 3/29/2009 2:00:44 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

Yep, my Safariland oc carrier has kept an oc can close in reach for 10 years and going strong.
Link Posted: 3/29/2009 2:49:36 PM EDT
[#8]
I think Safariland is what we are issuing to our new guys now. I have an old all leather carrier that has gone through hell for 13 years with me. Its nice and broken in but is very sturdy.

If I had to replace it, it would be with Safariland. My belt, holster, mag pouches, cuff cases etc are all Safariland and have held up for 13+years.

J-
Link Posted: 3/29/2009 4:26:51 PM EDT
[#9]
We were just offered the option to get the Blackhawk O.C. Holder however it was too large in my opinion.  It dwarfed our existing Don Hume O.C. Holder.  

Since room on my rough duty belt is at a premium I did not like the extra width of the Blackhawk O.C. Holder nor did I like the additional height of the O.C. Holder.   I found that the extra height would dig into my side and lower back during regular use.  

For this particular item I much prefer the smaller Don Hume O.C. Holder for its compact size.  I've used the Don Hume nylon OC holder for several years without problems.
Link Posted: 3/29/2009 4:54:24 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

I have the basketweave in this.

I keep my can upside down though.  

I absolutely do not want any accidental OC dicharges.

No worries about hitting it on the steering wheel either.

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top