Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I love that track, wish I could drive it
View Quote
Ditto on both.  
If I'm ever in Europe, I'm doing that
Link Posted: 4/19/2017 12:27:24 PM EDT
[#3]
Ariel Atom and the Ring.  A nice Combo.  Love both and if I ever make it to Germany I am also definitely going to drive on the Ring.
Link Posted: 4/19/2017 12:30:23 PM EDT
[#4]
Bucket list, on two wheels.

ETA: and of course the Vette has a taillight out.
Link Posted: 4/19/2017 12:30:37 PM EDT
[#5]
I got pretty good at this track in Forza back in the day. I bet it would be a blast to drive in real life.
Link Posted: 4/19/2017 12:30:53 PM EDT
[#6]
I feel very fortunate that I was able to drive that track.  It was a terrible day to do it as the track was extremely busy and it put into perspective just how much my driving skills suck.  But still an awesome once in a lifetime experience.
Link Posted: 4/19/2017 12:38:52 PM EDT
[#7]
I'd love to take a ride with Sabine Shmitz, "Queen of the Ring"

The Ol' Crew Chief
Link Posted: 4/19/2017 12:39:11 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

ETA: and of course the Vette has a taillight out.
View Quote
People in cars get pissed off at the people on bikes because they are slower in the corners, forcing the cars to slow down.

Driving on the ring is awesome, but weird. There's tour busses on the track, taxis, bikes, and all kinds of cars and skill levels.  The toll gate where you have to get on/off the track is in the middle of the main straight.  

I recommend getting a package deal from one of the car rental places near by, where you get a lap or two of instruction from a tame racing driver and a few laps on your own.  I had a great time with RSR. even if you can drive as well as you think you can, having someone in the car to show you the rules and customs on the track is nice. I spent a considerable amount of energy trying not to get in other peoples way.

Because this thread is worthless without pics, here is a crappy cell phone pic i snapped while trying to navigate the carousel.  Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 4/19/2017 1:14:06 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
View Quote
You sir are certifiable

Given the opportunity, there aren't many racing machines that I'd flat-out refuse to run.
TT/IOM, Nitro Harley... NOPE
Link Posted: 4/19/2017 1:15:03 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

People in cars get pissed off at the people on bikes because they are slower in the corners, forcing the cars to slow down.

Driving on the ring is awesome, but weird. There's tour busses on the track, taxis, bikes, and all kinds of cars and skill levels.  The toll gate where you have to get on/off the track is in the middle of the main straight.  

I recommend getting a package deal from one of the car rental places near by, where you get a lap or two of instruction from a tame racing driver and a few laps on your own.  I had a great time with RSR. even if you can drive as well as you think you can, having someone in the car to show you the rules and customs on the track. I spent a considerable amount of energy trying not to get in other peoples way.

Because this thread is worthless without pics, here is a crappy cell phone pic i snapped while trying to navigate the carousel.  https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/78442/2012-03-10-13-44-59-858-190819.JPG
View Quote
NICE
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top