Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 8/11/2014 1:40:16 PM EDT
D grades at $199.......SKS $199 to $299 these have to be drying up soon I would think?
Link Posted: 8/11/2014 1:41:27 PM EDT
[#1]
From Royal Tiger??? Fuck them, I'll pass
Link Posted: 8/11/2014 1:41:49 PM EDT
[#2]
Even the "A" grades look like a bag of crushed assholes.
Link Posted: 8/11/2014 1:42:39 PM EDT
[#3]
The D grades are as listed as non-working.
Link Posted: 8/11/2014 1:44:12 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
View Quote

What he said ^^^^^
Link Posted: 8/11/2014 1:45:17 PM EDT
[#5]
I will admit that I got "raped" on my last SKS purchase, but it's an unissued rifle that was so pristine I couldn't pass it up.  The A-grade ones TD is selling may be worth what they're asking, but the D grade ones...I'd pass.
Link Posted: 8/11/2014 1:46:27 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

What he said ^^^^^
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

What he said ^^^^^

this, with extreme prejudice
Link Posted: 8/11/2014 1:49:26 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
View Quote

Shit I didn't see that you have to spend $245 to get a "B" or better that works.......scraping the bottom of the barrel.....lol
Link Posted: 8/11/2014 1:51:15 PM EDT
[#8]
Royal Tiger.
Link Posted: 8/11/2014 1:54:50 PM EDT
[#9]
While Royal Tiger sucks, I guess someone has to say it: it's not 1994 any more, and there isn't a stack of new Norinco/Polytech SKSes on every other gun show table any more. Even the cheap imported Yugo 59/66 are basically gone now.
Link Posted: 8/11/2014 1:56:48 PM EDT
[#10]
Fuck RTI for screwing over those people on the VEPR debacle.
Link Posted: 8/11/2014 1:58:04 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
View Quote

what happened?
Link Posted: 8/11/2014 1:59:51 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

what happened?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

what happened?

im interested too
Link Posted: 8/11/2014 1:59:57 PM EDT
[#13]
What's the story with Royal Tiger Imports?  I have never heard of them or why they suck.
Link Posted: 8/11/2014 2:02:41 PM EDT
[#14]
Even the $300 ones are beat up. No thanks.

Link Posted: 8/11/2014 2:04:15 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
What's the story with Royal Tiger Imports?  I have never heard of them or why they suck.
View Quote

Ditto....
Link Posted: 8/11/2014 2:06:24 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

im interested too
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

what happened?

im interested too

They sold a bunch on their website when the Russian ban came out and then canceled peoples orders only to post the same guns on Gunbroker at elevated prices.

ETA links

http://www.ar15.com/forums/t_1_5/1650377_Royal_Tiger_Imports______s_people_on_their_orders__Vepr_IV_.html&light=royal%7Ctiger

http://www.ar15.com/forums/t_1_5/1651433_Royal_Tiger_Imports_and_IO_give_customers_a_big_FU.html&light=royal%7Ctiger
Link Posted: 8/11/2014 2:10:44 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
View Quote

So? you want a gun that works too? some people want it all...
Link Posted: 8/11/2014 2:11:30 PM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:
They sold a bunch on their website when the Russian ban came out and then canceled peoples orders only to post the same guns on Gunbroker at elevated prices.

ETA link

http://www.ar15.com/forums/t_1_5/1651433_Royal_Tiger_Imports_and_IO_give_customers_a_big_FU.html&light=royal%7Ctiger
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

what happened?

im interested too

ETA link

I have bought some stuff from them. Guess I won't any more. That is pure BS and probably a

violation of contract law.

Link Posted: 8/11/2014 2:14:19 PM EDT
[#19]
No thanks.
Link Posted: 8/11/2014 2:14:25 PM EDT
[#20]
Ive had three SKS's over the years , two Yugos and a Norinco , all were decent shooters ....even had a Tapco-fooked mish-mash of Norinco junk....and IT was a great shooter...accurate , for an SKS .

But I never really felt anything for any of them .

I like AK's and liked traditional stocks like came on the SKS's . . . but I never really missed one after selling it .

I miss one of the two Mosins I sold and the Savage Enfield  , and really miss the Krag 30-40 . . . . even the ratty old Mausers ....but the SKS's , not so much and I cant really say why .

Link Posted: 8/11/2014 2:14:58 PM EDT
[#21]
I can't bring myself to pay that much for an SKS, knowing what $100 would buy you just a few years ago.
Link Posted: 8/11/2014 2:15:31 PM EDT
[#22]
never understood the "like" for those things
Link Posted: 8/11/2014 2:16:02 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
View Quote

Meh, you and me both.
Link Posted: 8/11/2014 2:24:56 PM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:

View Quote

I bought one from AIM and to me it is a piece of history. Made in 1956 by Russians

in China. I wish that thing could talk.

Link Posted: 8/11/2014 2:27:20 PM EDT
[#25]

Quoted:

View Quote
When they were $69 for a new in box one, I get it. Now $300 for a beat to hell one, not so much.

Link Posted: 8/11/2014 2:27:46 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
While Royal Tiger sucks, I guess someone has to say it: it's not 1994 any more, and there isn't a stack of new Norinco/Polytech SKSes on every other gun show table any more. Even the cheap imported Yugo 59/66 are basically gone now.
View Quote

Is wrong for you to say.  Simonov carbines sell for 250 rubles of Canada.  Rifle selling everywhere like borsht.  New in grease stocks laminated and from arsenal of Tula.

Great victory for workers.
Link Posted: 8/11/2014 2:27:58 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
View Quote

Yeah, back then a buddy asked me to pick up one of the $69.95 ones for him at a gun show. It was clean as could be, and I didn't buy one for myself.
Link Posted: 8/11/2014 2:31:08 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

ETA links

http://www.ar15.com/forums/t_1_5/1650377_Royal_Tiger_Imports______s_people_on_their_orders__Vepr_IV_.html&light=royal%7Ctiger

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

what happened?

im interested too

ETA links

That's pretty fucked up.  Well I guess I will never be buying from them.  Fuck em.
Link Posted: 8/11/2014 2:31:10 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

Is wrong for you to say.  Simonov carbines sell for 250 rubles of Canada.  Rifle selling everywhere like borsht.  New in grease stocks laminated and from arsenal of Tula.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Link Posted: 8/11/2014 2:35:02 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

I bought one from AIM and to me it is a piece of history. Made in 1956 by Russians

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I have an all-matching Albanian in very good condition. Beautiful gun, and its history and origin is the only reason I own it. I'd probably buy any NORK or E. German ones I could find if the price was right, too, just because of the history of them.

If you want a "shooter," there are many guns that are better choices, although mine does OK in that department.
Link Posted: 8/11/2014 2:36:56 PM EDT
[#31]
Before the imports dried up, the SKS was a reliable, semi-automatic rifle that was accurate enough, and fired a round ballistically similar to 30-30 for $100 or less. It also helped that ammo was dirt cheap, it was better made than an AK, and cost less than an AK.

Now? What's the point in having one when the price of steel-cased 7.62x39 is more or less the same as steel-cased .223?
Link Posted: 8/11/2014 2:38:40 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

Now? What's the point in having one when the price of steel-cased 7.62x39 is more or less the same as steel-cased .223?
View Quote

And the guns (if they're in any kind of decent shape) are $400 or more.
Link Posted: 8/11/2014 2:40:17 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

Meh, you and me both.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Meh, you and me both.

When you could buy a Russian one for $79 in your local gun store in 1992, they were pretty attention getting.
Link Posted: 8/11/2014 3:14:47 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
Even the $300 ones are beat up. No thanks.

View Quote

No no no.  They're not beat up, they're Tapco-ready.  They know what you're going to do with them.  You can't intimidate soccer moms in a starbucks with a wooden stock and no $12 optic.
Link Posted: 8/11/2014 3:17:37 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

You wouldn't be able to understand it.
Link Posted: 8/11/2014 3:25:58 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Link Posted: 8/11/2014 3:29:37 PM EDT
[#37]

Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

I have interpreters very close by.

Link Posted: 8/11/2014 3:37:58 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
View Quote

I collect them, bring backs mostly. It's not like any semi-auto AR your will ever own will have a wartime pedigree. Sorta makes ARs posers now doesn't it?

The SKS is a robust weapon and they work very well in factory trim. I'd trust my life with any of the SKSs I own. ARs....Not so much.

That said If you go Tapco fucking them then don't expect them to work right.

If you want a milled Sino-Soviet SKS $300.00  is not a bad price. What is bad about the whole thing is Royal Tiger.
Link Posted: 8/11/2014 3:39:43 PM EDT
[#39]
SKS? Nah, never thought I ever missed a SKS
Link Posted: 8/11/2014 3:45:13 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
D grades at $199.......SKS $199 to $299 these have to be drying up soon I would think?
View Quote

about 20 years ago a local shop had SKS's for something like $79.00... my friend at work told me how good they were and drug me down there during lunch. I checked out a few of them and did not think that they were worth the money and did not pick one up.

I guess looking back.... I still don't think they are worth $79.00.... :-) YMMV....
Link Posted: 8/11/2014 3:59:23 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:  You wouldn't be able to understand it.

This is GD.  Pics may be required - unless - "It's a man, baby!"
Link Posted: 8/11/2014 4:03:54 PM EDT
[#42]
Oh Jesus fuck!  I own a Norinco I paid $80 for new.  Fuck no would I pay fucking $300 for a shitty worn out example of it.  Two bones more and get a fucking AR or a trash can AK.
Link Posted: 8/11/2014 4:08:55 PM EDT
[#43]
$300+ for a decent SKS, when you can get a working AR for around $500?

Hmmmmm.......
Link Posted: 8/11/2014 4:11:40 PM EDT
[#44]
I'll stick with my Norinco SKS.... Best $250 I ever spent.

Link Posted: 8/11/2014 4:13:47 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Shut up and come down here. I need an M1 built from this pile of part I have.
Link Posted: 8/11/2014 4:14:16 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:

I have an all-matching Albanian in very good condition. Beautiful gun, and its history and origin is the only reason I own it. I'd probably buy any NORK or E. German ones I could find if the price was right, too, just because of the history of them.

If you want a "shooter," there are many guns that are better choices, although mine does OK in that department.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yep, I've got a nice Albanian too - Id never sell it. Ah, the days when AIM had all kinds of cool shit coming in.
Link Posted: 8/11/2014 4:18:59 PM EDT
[#47]
Back in 2000ish I bought a Romanian Cugir in 5.45x39, a dozen bakelites, and a Russian SKS from Tula for $200. Those were the days!
Link Posted: 8/11/2014 4:20:14 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I got one of those also.....cleaned up pretty well......stock was mehhhhh
Link Posted: 8/11/2014 4:36:46 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
View Quote

Fuck them.
Link Posted: 8/11/2014 4:38:08 PM EDT
[#50]
Ewwww. Wood stocked guns.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top