Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 6/15/2003 3:34:02 PM EDT
I have a neighbor who lives a couple houses down in our addition who works for the local Bud distributer. He gets a take home bud van and sometimes he has a little trailer in front of the house on fridays. You know the kind, about 7 by 10 with a refridge unit on the front and 3 tappers built into the side used for parties and such. Every month or so when the weather is good he has a sunday "leftover" tent in the front yard. Im not talking about a full blown party but he and his wife and usually some of thier parents/familly hang out and socialize. Its a small, quiet neighborhood and anyone who is out for a walk or like me, walking the dog get a cup and invite to stop back for refills if we want. Ahhh, free beer, good neighbors. Life is pretty good some Sunday afternoons.
Link Posted: 6/15/2003 3:51:54 PM EDT
[#1]
Cool. Where's the neighbor that works for one of the lake-city ammo plants and gives away 'left-overs'? [;D]
Link Posted: 6/15/2003 4:09:15 PM EDT
[#2]
Geez, my kind of neighbor.

My neighbors usually ask me if I'm going to paint my house this year, or hint that it's time to lime my lawn.

I need to get out this state...
Link Posted: 6/15/2003 4:35:12 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 6/15/2003 4:58:30 PM EDT
[#4]
Having a neighbor like that is sure to raise your property value.  If you do sell (DON'T!), be sure to tell the potential men buyers and invite them over the "meet" the neighbors on Sunday.  Cha-Ching!
Link Posted: 6/15/2003 5:08:07 PM EDT
[#5]
I wish I had your nieghbors.[beer]

My nieghbors talked to me when I first moved in.[wave]

Especially when they needed help (electrical or mechanical).[pound]

Till they saw me loading and unloading ARs and boxes of ammo going to and from the range every weekend.[sniper]

Now they keep their distance. [bounce]

I think the fact i walk around with my Springfield cocked and locked all while walking my dog helps with my image.[pistol]
Link Posted: 6/15/2003 5:39:09 PM EDT
[#6]

My next door neighbor offered to store guns for me if I ran out of room.

My neighbors across the street tells the new ones "If something happens just duck. Fullclip will do the shooting for us"

They're strange, but you gotta love them... fullclip

Link Posted: 6/15/2003 6:52:19 PM EDT
[#7]
Sure beats a lesbian who cuts the peckers off her cats...

cynic
Link Posted: 6/15/2003 7:23:38 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Sure beats a lesbian who cuts the peckers off her cats...

cynic
View Quote

That's sick (I assume that by peckers you mean privates). That type of bitch would really need to be reported to the goverment animal rights group (w/e its called). (Sorry, I just like cats [oh, and i do hunt. i aint one of em peta bastards]).
Link Posted: 6/16/2003 7:46:34 PM EDT
[#9]
My eldest boy likes railroads and guns.  When I was overseas for GW1 my neighbor decided to mow our lawn for us, his wife had died and he wasgoing to sell his house.  Open House you know.

Guess what a rr spike will do to a power mower, not pretty.
Link Posted: 6/16/2003 8:07:11 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Geez, my kind of neighbor.

My neighbors usually ask me if I'm going to paint my house this year, or hint that it's time to lime my lawn.

I need to get out this state...
View Quote

My neighbors, whom I shall call the Leftersons, are liberal pukes who are still stuck in the same mode as your neighbors are, despite their Dukakoid leanings. They used to sneer at our house and yard and grass, offering coy hints about "when ya gonna paint that place?" "why don't you do this and that with your lawn?". They painted theirs, and now it's faded, prematurely. We painted and fixed up our house and it looks beautiful. Their once-magnificent lawn is brown, grubby, and full of weeds now, even with the monsoon-like rains lately. Our yard has been doubled in size (new septic, mucho cu. ft. landfill) and the lawn is as green as Ireland. Since then, the Leftersons don't talk to us any more, at all.

Good. [:D]

MA suburban liberals suck, period.

"HAW-HAW!"- Nelson
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top