Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
9/22/2017 12:11:25 AM
Posted: 6/7/2003 9:40:55 AM EDT
http://www.mcdl.org/News/1999/BanKnives.htm Was there any doubt this would happen eventually? I find this funny. I guess some people are willing to eat with their hands... always.
Link Posted: 6/7/2003 3:38:26 PM EDT
--------------------- You can't hunt with a knife. -------------------- Wait a minute. What about Rambo in First Blood? He jumped onto a wild boar and killed it with his 'Rambo Knife'.
Link Posted: 6/7/2003 8:43:46 PM EDT
Theyll never get my knives... As soon as I buy some.
Link Posted: 6/9/2003 2:31:09 AM EDT
Well at least there is some sensibility to it vs the previous bans. After all, knives unlike "assault weapons" have meaningful statistics in violent crimes. Of course the whole situation is stupid, but at least now they have earned consistency.
Link Posted: 6/9/2003 7:56:53 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 6/9/2003 7:57:35 AM EDT by Sunset04]
Knives and guns are banned in prisons, but there are still murders there.... I would be willing to bet that if every prisoner was issued a 9mm, then prison would be a much safer place.
Link Posted: 6/9/2003 8:33:01 AM EDT
I'll give up my Boker Magnum Tanto Automatic when they pry it from my cold, dead hands.
Link Posted: 6/9/2003 1:07:10 PM EDT
You just might. Autos over 2" are illegal in CaliBan. Probably nothing will come of it though.
Link Posted: 6/9/2003 1:24:48 PM EDT
Originally Posted By BKinzey: You just might. Autos over 2" are illegal in CaliBan. Probably nothing will come of it though.
View Quote
Autos over 2" are only illegal to [b]carry in public[/b] in Californistan. Having one in the comfort of your own home or the trunk of your car is blessed in the eyes of the Caliban. There is no law prohibiting manufacturing or importing them either, therefore those are also legal to do. The word "switchblade" occurs only three times in the Penal Code, in Section 653k. The prohibition against packing them does not deprive us of the right to carry very effective knives. I find a lot of the one-hand folders much easier to open than an automatic. See Jim March's thorough overview of Caliban knife laws at [url]http://www.equalccw.com/knifelaw.html[/url]
Link Posted: 6/10/2003 5:15:00 AM EDT
It's supposed to be illegal to ship automatic knives over state borders, other than to law enforcement and military. Most law enforcement and military don't approve of "switchblades" anyway. There's a pretty good explanation of the laws in the book "Battle Blades". Kind of a moot point anyway, since folders are more reliable, and I can flick the blade of my Benchmade open just as fast.
Link Posted: 6/10/2003 6:33:46 AM EDT
Link Posted: 6/13/2003 9:11:54 PM EDT
this got me to thinking, can i legaly put a rifle lug on my bayonet hmmmmmmmm
Link Posted: 6/20/2003 9:32:55 AM EDT
That would make it a real B!tch eating at Outback Stakehouse. [:E]
Link Posted: 6/20/2003 7:37:08 PM EDT
I didn't occur to me the first time I read the post, but if you think about it... all bayonets must have a rifle lug. Otherwise, they'd just be knives, or spikes.
Top Top