Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 5/2/2011 5:08:08 AM EDT
Killed in a large compound a mere 100 yards from Paki Officer training base?

What intelligence was able to be recovered in a mere 40 mins?

What is the next step, and is it already occurring?

Link Posted: 5/2/2011 5:08:56 AM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:

I'm thinking beer, BBQ, and surfing, because hey, Charlie don't surf.
Link Posted: 5/2/2011 5:09:07 AM EDT
[#2]
If it wasn't for the nukes, I'd be in favor of covertly collapsing their economy.
Link Posted: 5/2/2011 5:09:36 AM EDT
[#3]
I hear on the news that they took quite a few computers and lots of maps.........those computers probably have names and locations of AQ cells on them, so that's an intelligence score right off the bat........

Quoted:

Link Posted: 5/2/2011 5:11:00 AM EDT
[#4]

What kind of intelligence? There could have been books, maps, laptops, etc there and they had to do was scoop them up. I image 1 laptop would = great intel.
Link Posted: 5/2/2011 5:12:53 AM EDT
[#5]
explains 3 choppers... need some space to load up the loot. Too bad we lost one.

Quoted:

I hear on the news that they took quite a few computers and lots of maps.........those computers probably have names and locations of AQ cells on them, so that's an intelligence score right off the bat........

Quoted:

Link Posted: 5/2/2011 5:13:39 AM EDT
[#6]
I'm looking forward to the spin Pakistan is going to put on it. They are claiming they were part of everything and some White House official is basically proclaiming they were not and that we absolutely violated their sovereignty to kill bin laden. Not that I really give a damn about the sovereignty of Pakistan, especially to kill bin laden, but there are a ton of questions that need to be answered on several fronts.
Link Posted: 5/2/2011 5:14:14 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

What kind of intelligence? There could have been books, maps, laptops, etc there and they had to do was scoop them up. I image 1 laptop would = great intel.

Honestly, from an intelligence standpoint, I doubt they got much from the compound. The organization knew OBL was public enemy #1 and wasn't  likely carrying around laptops and maps and such, the way that AQ works, that type of intel is spread amongst other upper echelon in the organization, and I'd be surprised if they found much in the way of actionable intel.
Link Posted: 5/2/2011 5:16:47 AM EDT
[#8]
i wonder if the AQ news organization (there is one, they publish statements from time to time) will now post UBL's last will... Will there be several strikes, or has command nd control fizzled and there is now an internal power struggle on the direction of the organization, or does AQ die with UBL's death?

Link Posted: 5/2/2011 5:27:13 AM EDT
[#9]
We should take down Pakistan, they are a huge problem.
Link Posted: 5/2/2011 5:28:38 AM EDT
[#10]
Who's UBL???
Link Posted: 5/2/2011 5:28:58 AM EDT
[#11]
Thankfully no US personnel were lost..........that's a great relief

Quoted:
explains 3 choppers... need some space to load up the loot. Too bad we lost one.

Quoted:

Quoted:

Link Posted: 5/2/2011 5:37:04 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Who's UBL???

Well if your in the know it's what intel folks call him because  his name is Usama FBI link
Link Posted: 5/2/2011 5:57:17 AM EDT
[#13]
today we get drunk... tomorrow the Paki's are on notice :)
Link Posted: 5/2/2011 6:29:27 AM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:

today we get drunk... tomorrow the Paki's are on notice :)

I dunno about the rest of you. but that feeling of being in a dark tunnel for almost ten years is slipping away quickly. Not feeling bullet proof but feeling, positive, that we are doing the right thing and are winning.

Link Posted: 5/2/2011 6:30:45 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

One report said we got a lot of computers out of the compound.  I bet there is some interesting data on those.
Link Posted: 5/2/2011 6:31:54 AM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:

Quoted:

One report said we got a lot of computers out of the compound.  I bet there is some interesting data on those.
screen name?

Link Posted: 5/2/2011 6:35:11 AM EDT
[#17]
Link Posted: 5/2/2011 6:38:02 AM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:

Fox just reported that we've known since Aug 2010 that he was in this compound.  Why on earth would we have waited so long to act?  It can't possibly take that long to plan the op, take care of any diplomatic issues or verify the intel.  Can it?
FB

We first discovered the brothers were couriers for UBL 2 years ago. We finally traced their residence to this compound in Aug 2010. We must have been milking that bitch dry for intelligence and once the last drop of actionable data was thought to be gathered, then boom..... head shot...

Link Posted: 5/2/2011 6:44:24 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
Fox just reported that we've known since Aug 2010 that he was in this compound.  Why on earth would we have waited so long to act?  It can't possibly take that long to plan the op, take care of any diplomatic issues or verify the intel.  Can it?

FB

Imaging how much intel could be gathered from watching this guy fro a year.  Who are his top guys, how do they opperate?  Sitting on him was the best thing they could do.  Why order the shot until you were able to get everything you could from him, or were worried he would leave and have to track him down again.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top