Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login

Posted: 7/19/2008 9:17:15 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 7/19/2008 9:20:35 PM EDT by Gooman24]
I am watching the movie(Hard Target) this line is from right now on comcast on demand(free movie section). The movie is a version of that age old hunting human targets short story(many different version were written I am unsure which was the first). One of the reasons I enjoy watching this movie every now and then is because its just that "old school good guy wins bad guy loses" genre. When I was a young kid I read the hardy boys books and the like and also watched good old fashioned movies of this nature. I think things like this helped form my sense of idealism. Right from wrong was taught to me by my mom, my uncle, and my grandfather. My idealism was reinforced by those lessons they taught me. My uncle used to look over his shoulder to tell me how I should watch out for my self first and never stick my neck out for anybody else. He would do this as he was taking a risk to help others. I know he was trying to protect me and set it up so I didn't get taken advantage of or hurt but he taught me the right way by example. When I was a kid(5) some guy tried to drag me and my mother into an alley and some random stranger stopped it from happening. She never got his name and once he made sure she was safe and out of that area he just walked away. I don't really know why I am posting this other than with the way some things are going today it just seems that those of us who do step up when it is needed will get a smile out of it and maybe some who don't might get an eye opener. I know this is a corny movie by most peoples standards but the message in the scene with this line is clear. Also I have always thought that the risk you take to help some one out if far out weighted by how shitting this world would be if no one ever tried to help at all. Also watch it ... it really is a good movie.

What say you on these ramblings ARFCom?

ETA: I would like to respectfully dedicate the spirit in which I meant this post to all the people in the .mils for the ultimate "Step Up" that they live everyday. THANKS FOR YOUR SERVICE
Link Posted: 7/19/2008 9:21:37 PM EDT
Move out of MA.
Link Posted: 7/19/2008 9:22:46 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 7/19/2008 9:23:54 PM EDT by Gooman24]

Originally Posted By TGFB:
Move out of MA.

Working on it. Other than the obvious anti/libtard reasons though what made you say that?
Top Top