Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login

Posted: 10/30/2004 4:51:42 PM EST
[Last Edit: 10/30/2004 4:52:15 PM EST by shootemup]
I think its pretty cool for Ducati to let him ride a $5mil+ race bike. I've never heard of a "civilian" being able to ride any factory race bike. I guess they figured if he wadded it he could afford it no problemo. Jordan is fielding an AMA superbike team next year, and seems pretty commited to the venture. Should atleast increase some attention to the sport as well as sponsors.

Jordan on the Ducati
Link Posted: 10/30/2004 4:58:38 PM EST
boredom plain and simple.
Link Posted: 10/30/2004 5:05:36 PM EST
[Last Edit: 10/30/2004 5:07:14 PM EST by magnum_99]
Hey, if I had his money, I'd take a run at it too for a couple of years.

He looks good on the bike, looking at the cornet exit, not leaning against the corner, knee down but not hanging off too much.

He should start at the privateer/"supersport" level and move up if he's successful.

Of course, his size in the those classes might hold him back some, he must weigh 250 these days.
Link Posted: 10/30/2004 5:21:58 PM EST
He won't want to be one after his first accident.
Link Posted: 10/30/2004 5:26:44 PM EST
Jordan already fielded two teams this year and has been an avid motorcyclist since age 5. One in supersport and one in superstock. There is talk that he will foot the bill for a full Superbike team next season, but that will make little impact in the grand scheme of things. One thing is for sure, he is dragging out new fans. There is always a large crowd around the Jumpman hauler from what I've seen in pictures.

The bike he is riding isn't Duc's full blown Moto GP ride though it shares the same powerplant. That's the two seat version they use to give rich people rides around the track with their factory pilots controlling the bike. Jordan got to take it out himself basically because he's rich and knows everyone.
Link Posted: 10/30/2004 5:36:42 PM EST
He needs to retire from everything for good! He needs to stop trying to make these comebacks and trying new sports hoping to have the same effect he did in basketball. He played basketball like a master...but his time has past. Step down...go play some golf...and enjoy life.
Link Posted: 10/30/2004 5:42:45 PM EST

Originally Posted By Stillie:
Jordan already fielded two teams this year and has been an avid motorcyclist since age 5. One in supersport and one in superstock. There is talk that he will foot the bill for a full Superbike team next season, but that will make little impact in the grand scheme of things. One thing is for sure, he is dragging out new fans. There is always a large crowd around the Jumpman hauler from what I've seen in pictures.

The bike he is riding isn't Duc's full blown Moto GP ride though it shares the same powerplant. That's the two seat version they use to give rich people rides around the track with their factory pilots controlling the bike. Jordan got to take it out himself basically because he's rich and knows everyone.

Actually, when I was in Milan at show, this bike that he is riding, the only thing different than the full blown bikes is the frame/sub frame/seating. Had the same suspension, carbon brakes, minus the onboard data aquisition.
Link Posted: 10/30/2004 5:44:08 PM EST
[Last Edit: 10/30/2004 5:44:56 PM EST by 95thFoot]
He, like everybody else, ought to do whatever he wants, as long as he's not hurting someone. Remember "life, liberty and the pursuit (not the guarantee) of happiness"? I'm not a Michael Jordan fan, but more power to him.
Link Posted: 10/30/2004 5:44:23 PM EST
The title of this topic is fucked up.
He is not trying to be a roadracer.

Are you a dummycunt or something?

Jordan is getting into AMA Superbike racing next season.

He got to ride the Ducati MotoGP bike because he is Mike Jordan.

Ducati sucked horse cock this year except in the World Ducati Championship races (formerly known as World Superbike).

Link Posted: 10/30/2004 5:49:05 PM EST

Originally Posted By shootemup:
Actually, when I was in Milan at show, this bike that he is riding, the only thing different than the full blown bikes is the frame/sub frame/seating. Had the same suspension, carbon brakes, minus the onboard data aquisition.

Its also minus a great deal of equipment that tailors the bike to the specific rider. i.e specific brake setups, fork/shock combinations, etc. It's still a sweet ride, but not the full blown Duc GP bike that set the record for highest speed ever attained in a race.. They still couldn't catch Rossi

I'm interested to see how Jordan's superbike team holds up against the factory boys. He's gonna need a better rider if he wants to do anything.
Link Posted: 10/30/2004 5:51:17 PM EST
I think Rossi could have won on any bike. Except maybe the Harris and Proton.
Link Posted: 10/30/2004 5:53:01 PM EST

Originally Posted By KA3B:
The title of this topic is fucked up.
He is not trying to be a roadracer.

Are you a dummycunt or something?

Jordan is getting into AMA Superbike racing next season.

He got to ride the Ducati MotoGP bike because he is Mike Jordan.

Ducati sucked horse cock this year except in the World Ducati Championship races (formerly known as World Superbike).

Thats why I put racer in "quotes". A little sarcasim.
Link Posted: 10/30/2004 5:55:35 PM EST
[Last Edit: 10/30/2004 5:57:26 PM EST by Stillie]

I think Rossi could've won on a Vespa. On the subject of the Proton, I think it would perform better if Kurtis would stop setting it on fire. I think I read somewhere that they are bringing out a new powerplant built by KTM.

ETA: Guys, MJ got what amounted to a glorified track day. He just got to play with a lot cooler toy that he didn't have to pay for if he through it down the track. No racing, just getting out there and gettin' it. Sure beats paying speeding tickets.
Link Posted: 10/30/2004 5:55:36 PM EST

Originally Posted By Rem700PSS:
He needs to retire from everything for good! He needs to stop trying to make these comebacks and trying new sports hoping to have the same effect he did in basketball. He played basketball like a master...but his time has past. Step down...go play some golf...and enjoy life.

Who died and left you in charge of what someone can do with their life and their resources?

Do you have any idea of the economic benefits he creates when he invests in something like this? The money that he puts back in the economy, the number of people that have good jobs because of this?

He's still elatively young, has his health, lots of energy, ideas and the resources to make things happen. We could use a lot more like him that actually have a passion for doing, rather that sitting on their asses and putting their money in faceless corporations that only care about the next quarterly report and would gladly fuck everyone over to get those few cents on the bottom line.
Link Posted: 10/30/2004 5:56:27 PM EST
He had a team of his own last season too, didn't he?
Link Posted: 10/30/2004 5:57:44 PM EST

Originally Posted By Stillie:

I think Rossi could've won on a Vespa. On the subject of the Proton, I think it would perform better if Kurtis would stop setting it on fire. I think I read somewhere that they are bringing out a new powerplant built by KTM.

Yeah, actually after tommorows race, they will test it for the first time.
Link Posted: 10/30/2004 5:58:01 PM EST
Link Posted: 10/30/2004 5:58:23 PM EST
Maybe tiger will be his pit tootsie.
Link Posted: 10/31/2004 2:37:08 AM EST
After seeing what Valentino Rossi did this year, I don't think Jordan's plans matter much, as far as the championship. No one is going to beat Rossi over the course of a full season.
Top Top