Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/4/2001 2:19:37 PM EDT
Now I really have to watch what I let my son see on TV.
[url]http://www.newsmax.com/archives/articles/2001/9/2/193550.shtml[/url]
Link Posted: 9/5/2001 7:18:46 PM EDT
[#1]
I'll believe CBS is going to put the F-word into a script when I see it.  Oh wait, that won't happen because I refuse to watch CBS because of their anti-gun rhetoric.

Still, having worked in radio, the Seven Deadly Words are still banned and will get you fined.  

For those that don't know, they are:
Sh*t
P*ss
F*ck
C*nt
C*cks*cker
M*therf*cker
T*ts

I doubt we'll see any of those on primetime anytime soon, and certainly not before 9pm when the kids should be in bed.

God Bless Texas
Link Posted: 9/5/2001 7:22:05 PM EDT
[#2]
So what?  If you don't like it, don't watch.  You should already be in charge of what you let your son see.  The FCC is a useless agency that is just as evil as the BATF.
Link Posted: 9/5/2001 7:38:56 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
So what?  If you don't like it, don't watch.  You should already be in charge of what you let your son see.  The FCC is a useless agency that is just as evil as the BATF.
View Quote

dang, did you miss your coffee this morning or wake up on the wrong side of the bed?

i think what he was trying to say is that even shows that are technically "okay" to watch because of their lack of adult language, nudity, violence, etc. are questionable now.  and now we won't know when it's coming.

i'm pretty sure he does take an active role in censoring what his son watches.  or else he wouldn't be worried about this latest assault on deceny.

anyhow, when i was in elementary school, the parents of my best friend had a solution to this problem:  they didn't own a single television set in the whole 4 bedroom, 3 bath house.  i'm leaning that direction more and more everyday.  can you get cable with only about 5 channels?
Link Posted: 9/5/2001 8:29:10 PM EDT
[#4]
I think these network ceo's are watching to much SouthPark
Link Posted: 9/5/2001 8:41:53 PM EDT
[#5]
Southpark??

<<----------------heheh
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top