BCM
User Panel

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 3
Posted: 1/8/2005 5:57:57 PM EDT
But this post makes me ask -----------

www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=1&f=5&t=312127

Who has ------- ok,  the dreaded word ----------- "killed" a person"

I have --------- to  I ask,  to see if anyone else has ???

Yeah --- I am gonna be burned ten ways to Sunday for asking..........
I ask because ------ it is a topic that comes up so often it seems, it needs asked ???

This is not a brag post ......... it is a BTDT post.

Because if you own a firearm for protection .......... it is the ultimate question .......
have you done it and  --------- how did it feel  for you ???

Any feelings or thoughts -------- express them ...
Link Posted: 1/8/2005 5:58:44 PM EDT
[#1]
You do realize there is no statue of limitations on murder?
Link Posted: 1/8/2005 5:59:55 PM EDT
[#2]
I killed a bird once.

Didn't really care for it.

No problem with hunters hunting tho.

Link Posted: 1/8/2005 6:00:09 PM EDT
[#3]
Peace be with you and love to all
Link Posted: 1/8/2005 6:01:52 PM EDT
[#4]
This world is made of PEACE AND LOVE!

(+10 to anyone who gets the quote)
Link Posted: 1/8/2005 6:02:19 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
I killed a bird once.

Didn't really care for it.

No problem with hunters hunting tho.

See ------------ even the question ------------ scares people from talking about it.

I understand in a way ........... then again I don't .
Link Posted: 1/8/2005 6:03:12 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

Why  ----------- carry -------- if you can not even discuss ----
the facts  ???
Link Posted: 1/8/2005 6:04:49 PM EDT
[#7]
I have never seen anything good come from topics like this.

IBTL.
Link Posted: 1/8/2005 6:05:31 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
You do realize there is no statue of limitations on murder?

Murder -----------------

never did it ................ LEO activity.
Link Posted: 1/8/2005 6:05:32 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
See ------------ even the question ------------ scares people from talking about it.

I understand in a way ........... then again I don't .

If you are gonna have guns for protection, you gotta ALREADY know you will kill. Cna't be deciding at the moment of truth.

For me, anyone trying to seriously harm me or my loved ones forfeits the right to live. I'm OK with that.

Its the next several years AFTER using deadly force I worry about.

Link Posted: 1/8/2005 6:05:40 PM EDT
[#10]
I hurt somebody's feelings once.
Link Posted: 1/8/2005 6:06:06 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

IBTL.

+1

I will have to agree.
Link Posted: 1/8/2005 6:06:18 PM EDT
[#12]
Good----God!
Can't---you---post---ANYTHING---without----DASHES----or....ellipses??????
Link Posted: 1/8/2005 6:06:30 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Why  ----------- carry -------- if you can not even discuss ----
the facts  ???

I do what I have to do, discussion not needed
Link Posted: 1/8/2005 6:06:41 PM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:

IBTL.

You know ----------- your right.

But  is it  --------- not a thing that needs talked about ???

I wonder ???
Link Posted: 1/8/2005 6:07:11 PM EDT
[#15]
Link Posted: 1/8/2005 6:08:34 PM EDT
[#16]
I didn't do it. . .
Noone saw me do it.
I left no witnesses. . .
<_<
>_>
<_<
YOU CAN'T PROVE A THING!!!!
*Runs away*

Link Posted: 1/8/2005 6:09:49 PM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Good----God!

It's -------------------- his ............................ new ..............................writing --------------------------style.

Who ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------gave------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------him------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------the------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------idea------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------?
Link Posted: 1/8/2005 6:09:53 PM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:

Ok -------- I see that I have  -----

intruded on some peoples --------- Psyche .

I understand .

Maybe I was just wanting to talk about it ......... a vent in a way,  I guess with others that have been there done that.

If no one  ------------ has , ok.
Link Posted: 1/8/2005 6:10:29 PM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:
Good----God!

He's that black kid on Malcolm in the Middle.

Link Posted: 1/8/2005 6:11:08 PM EDT
[#20]
Christopher Walken style typing--------but credit goes to---------Brasspile for the------joke.

Link Posted: 1/8/2005 6:11:49 PM EDT
[#21]
I wake up every day -------------- go to shave and  
look in the mirror and think about it.

Maybe I"m just fucked up ???

EDIT: Thanks anyway.
Link Posted: 1/8/2005 6:12:20 PM EDT
[#22]
I am willing to bet that the people that take this thread the wrong way have never.....you know.
Anyone that has should have enough perspective to either recognise the question for what it is....or not take an interest either way.

Prob impossible to have a public thread for people to chime in on a number of confirmed kills......

For every one honest person, you are going to get a lot of people that tell stories...a few that troll.....and some that plain make shit up.

Not sure what is so bad about the concept...those of us that carry I would HOPE have considered that the whole point of carrying is to deploy deadly force in defense of oneself. I personal did a lot of reading and introspection before I started taking a loaded gun with me out and about.

Im sure there are a lot of people here that carry everyday and never spent 10 minutes seriously considering what happens AFTER you shoot someone. What you do in the first few minutes after you pull the trigger is as important as the act itself.......saving your life is going to mean shit if you are a mental case for the rest of your life because you cant deal with it.....or worse, you wind up behind bars because some asshole witness misrepresents your actions to the police.

Killing someone, while not exactly a topic for mixed company at the company picnic, should be considered.....a lot....by anyone with a gun.
Link Posted: 1/8/2005 6:15:17 PM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Good----God!

It's -------------------- his ............................ new ..............................writing --------------------------style.

His posting is like how Keifer Sutherland talked in Dark City.
Link Posted: 1/8/2005 6:16:53 PM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:
Good----God!

Who ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------gave------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------him------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------the------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------idea------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------?

That would be me.  I didn't invite him to my thread he decided to try and shit on it like he does everyone else.  He gets off on filling the contradicting outsider role.  I think most just find him irritating.
Link Posted: 1/8/2005 6:18:48 PM EDT
[#25]

Quoted:

it's okay....I caught your reference....even if cyanide didn't.....
Link Posted: 1/8/2005 6:19:52 PM EDT
[#26]
I guess there were to many death threads today for me  ------ not to ask.
Never mind.
Link Posted: 1/8/2005 6:25:36 PM EDT
[#27]

Quoted:

Sounds like you let your emotions/heart control you and not your brain?

A very strong symptom of liberalism. You need to get that shit under control or you will be a miserable, self-loathing person - that ain't no way to live. Next thing you know you'll be projecting your perceived shortcomings/injustices on others to rationalize your own existence. Lot of those "we're not worthy" types over at DUh.
Link Posted: 1/8/2005 6:28:08 PM EDT
[#28]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Sounds like you let your emotions/heart control you and not your brain?

A very strong symptom of liberalism. You need to get that shit under control or you will be a miserable, self-loathing person - that ain't no way to live. Next thing you know you'll be projecting your perceived shortcomings/injustices on others to rationalize your own existence. Lot of those "we're not worthy" types over at DUh.

Not at all ---------

it is just a thing that is talked about lightly ----

and really --------- is not a light matter.
Link Posted: 1/8/2005 6:31:42 PM EDT
[#29]
People---------that insist on-----------posting like--------------this-----------are generally................looked upon---------------as,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,morons......................
Link Posted: 1/8/2005 6:32:06 PM EDT
[#30]
I saved a guys life once, 6 years later, he was flying an aircraft that had a midair that  killed 10 people.

I felt a little strange about that, as if I had changed, or sealed the fate of those people.  Doesn't bother me now.  There are two many variables involved.

For those of us who have not btdt,
Why................Don't you tell us about it?     What was the situation?   Were you bothered? Did you have nightmares?    
Link Posted: 1/8/2005 6:33:03 PM EDT
[#31]
No, never killed anybody. I don't KNOW anybody who has killed a person. Hope I am never put into a position where it would need to be considered.
Link Posted: 1/8/2005 6:33:54 PM EDT
[#32]
Cyanide is really William Shatner?????
Link Posted: 1/8/2005 6:37:15 PM EDT
[#33]
Not much of a killer and never done it. I could if I have too.
Link Posted: 1/8/2005 6:37:32 PM EDT
[#34]
Ok --------- never mind.

I give up and will not return to this post...

You guys win .......... thanks for the help -----not

Bunch of kids here , I guess
Link Posted: 1/8/2005 6:38:36 PM EDT
[#35]

Quoted:
No, never killed anybody. I don't KNOW anybody who has killed a person. Hope I am never put into a position where it would need to be considered.

I've been in that position.  I still kick myself for hesitating.  We are all a little different, but in defending yourself or those you love you won't consider the fact you just took a life.  If the situation dictates a justifiable need for deadly force you should have no shame, they forced the issue, you responded.    
Link Posted: 1/8/2005 6:40:28 PM EDT
[#36]

Quoted:

Quoted:

yea, and what color is the boat house at Mott Lake?

Link Posted: 1/8/2005 6:40:30 PM EDT
[#37]
To answer the question, no I haven't killed or even pointed a gun at any person. And I hope I never have to.  
Link Posted: 1/8/2005 6:40:52 PM EDT
[#38]
Absynth..........is not for the...................
geezers.
Link Posted: 1/8/2005 6:49:44 PM EDT
[#39]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

yea, and what color is the boat house at Mott Lake?

[wrong movie] Red! No! Blue! ahhhhhhhhhhhhhh.....................[/different movie]
Link Posted: 1/8/2005 6:50:30 PM EDT
[#40]
To answer the question, YES.
The only thing I will say on it was it was in Oct of 1993.
Link Posted: 1/8/2005 6:53:56 PM EDT
[#41]

Quoted:

I meditate diligently every morning. The subject is Life and Love. I quit after three seconds.
I like Trigun too.

Link Posted: 1/8/2005 6:54:13 PM EDT
[#42]
You---type---like----William_---Shatner ----acts---

Link Posted: 1/8/2005 6:55:58 PM EDT
[#43]
E-mann

I said I would not return ------- but your post

Inspired me.

Bunch of punk mother fuckers will talk about cutting a mans throat
and a bunch of other bullshit..........

but ask a civil question and you get a bunch of garbage ...........

why ................... ???

Must scare them ------- all is I can say.
Scare a man (or a child) and he acts like a fool.
Link Posted: 1/8/2005 6:56:18 PM EDT
[#44]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Yoko Ono?
Link Posted: 1/8/2005 6:57:37 PM EDT
[#45]
Cyanide cannot punctuate correctly.

Bless his heart.
Link Posted: 1/8/2005 7:00:16 PM EDT
[#46]
I'm tired and going to bed ----------

rant on kiddies.
Link Posted: 1/8/2005 7:03:12 PM EDT
[#47]
cyanide,
People live, people die.
Its the natural order of things.
It is shame people will deflect a serious subject like this.
Link Posted: 1/8/2005 7:05:12 PM EDT
[#48]
The Neutral Observer killed 50 men with a popsicle stick when he was a Navy Walrus.  They all deserved it, except for one.  The Neutral Observer just got carried away with the popsicle stick; what can he say?
Link Posted: 1/8/2005 7:08:09 PM EDT
[#49]

Quoted:
E-mann

I said I would not return ------- but your post

Inspired me.

Bunch of punk mother fuckers will talk about cutting a mans throat
and a bunch of other bullshit..........

but ask a civil question and you get a bunch of garbage ...........

why ................... ???

Must scare them ------- all is I can say.
Scare a man (or a child) and he acts like a fool.

It's a stupid thread.
What do you want to hear? I shot someone while I was in the service and now you want me to brag to you about it?  Why? So you can live out one of your fantasies, vicariously through my story. I don't think so. It's none of your freaking business.
Link Posted: 1/8/2005 7:11:41 PM EDT
[#50]

Quoted:

Quoted:

I've been in that position.  I still kick myself for hesitating.  We are all a little different, but in defending yourself or those you love you won't consider the fact you just took a life.  If the situation dictates a justifiable need for deadly force you should have no shame, they forced the issue, you responded.    

Maybe, if put in that position, it would be easy.  If there was am immediate risk to one of my children, then I would think that the instinct to protect my children would override any thoughts or moral questions that I may have.  I could kill if I had to, but it would be instinctual. I believe that in any other situation I would freeze up, and no be able to do it.  I would make a terrible cop or soldier
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 3
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top