Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/21/2005 3:00:42 PM EDT
sweating like a pig, feeling the body temp rise, then

jumping in the pool  instant relief.  At 6:00pm the temp was still 95F, grass was getting long, a man has to do what a man has to do
Link Posted: 8/21/2005 3:01:41 PM EDT
[#1]
coulda hired an illegal mexeecan
Link Posted: 8/21/2005 3:04:19 PM EDT
[#2]
I mowed today too. No luxury of instant pool relief though.
Link Posted: 8/21/2005 3:08:58 PM EDT
[#3]
No pool for me either. When I got inside, my clothes were stuck to me and I nearly had to cut them off.
Link Posted: 8/21/2005 3:10:28 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
No pool for me either. When I got inside, my clothes were stuck to me and I nearly had to cut them off.

a water hose is a cheap substitute
Link Posted: 8/21/2005 3:11:44 PM EDT
[#5]
Our heat pump died today, just after I completed a 3-mile run in 95degree heat.
Link Posted: 8/21/2005 3:12:59 PM EDT
[#6]
Anyone ever mow a lawn when it was 95+ deg and the relative humidity was approaching 80%?

Here in Arkansas we get to enjoy these conditions every week in July and August.
Link Posted: 8/21/2005 3:14:18 PM EDT
[#7]
I should have mowed my yard today, last time I mowed was 8/12.  Had about 2" of rain since then and high temps.  In other words, great growing weather.

But it was around 90 all day.  Supposed to cool off tomorrow.

So I napped on the couch and downloaded radio shows all day.
Link Posted: 8/21/2005 3:26:10 PM EDT
[#8]
Mow at night.  Get a lamp for your grape and then commence to mowing.  Your neighbors will love you.

Max
Link Posted: 8/21/2005 3:26:33 PM EDT
[#9]
I ran the bleachers after doing 50 push-ups and then 50 crunches then repeat.

Did that for 45 minutes straight, does that count.

Freakin humid as a mother here.

Link Posted: 8/21/2005 3:27:17 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
Anyone ever mow a lawn when it was 95+ deg and the relative humidity was approaching 80%?

Here in Arkansas we get to enjoy these conditions every week in July and August.

No. I wait until evening or early morning.
Link Posted: 8/21/2005 3:27:25 PM EDT
[#11]
<<<<<95???? Sounds kinda cool.  Better get a jacket.
Link Posted: 8/21/2005 3:29:11 PM EDT
[#12]
Mow at 5am before you go to work. You probably don't talk to your neighbors anyway.
Link Posted: 8/21/2005 3:30:48 PM EDT
[#13]
Only mad dogs and Englishmen go out in the noon day sun.
Rudyard Kipling, I believe said that over a century ago.
Link Posted: 8/21/2005 3:36:46 PM EDT
[#14]
I was working in the heat all day yesterday and then got home late after a BBQ and went for a late night swim to cool off- in 91degF water - it was nice, but almost a damn hot tub!
Link Posted: 8/21/2005 3:44:31 PM EDT
[#15]

Every weekend it seems.  The humidity is really bothering me now.  I just can't seem to catch my breath.  It was worse yesterday since I had to spend over an hour working on the lawnmower to get it started.  My 15 year-old $99 lawn mower is about ready to be scrapped.  I still can't believe a cheap Murray lasted that long cutting about 2 acres every weekend about six months a year for 15 years.z
Link Posted: 8/21/2005 3:48:46 PM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:
<<<<<95???? Sounds kinda cool.  Better get a jacket.

+1

Brrrrrrrrrr!
Link Posted: 8/21/2005 3:52:01 PM EDT
[#17]
How about 105F? I jumped into the spa to cool off Right now, it's about 20% humidity which is considered "humid" in the Arizona desert.
Link Posted: 8/21/2005 3:52:25 PM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:

Every weekend it seems.  The humidity is really bothering me now.  I just can't seem to catch my breath.  It was worse yesterday since I had to spend over an hour working on the lawnmower to get it started.  My 15 year-old $99 lawn mower is about ready to be scrapped.  I still can't believe a cheap Murray lasted that long cutting about 2 acres every weekend about six months a year for 15 years.z

You can't beat a Murray push mower.  I have one that cost $150 two years ago.  My neigbor has a Torro push mower that he spent as much money on as my Craftsman Riding mower.

Long story short, no one can tell the difference in his yard cut with the Torro and mine cut with the Murray.

Talking about humidity, do you think it's this humid in hell, or do they have a dry heat down there?
Link Posted: 8/21/2005 4:15:54 PM EDT
[#19]
       You people that work and live indoors almost 24/7 and bitch about the heat and humidity crack me up  .   I spend 10 to 11 hours aday working in 90+ degrees with 90%+ humidity.     Last Friday I got off work at 6PM in those conditions and spent another hour mowing so I  wouldn't have to do it today.    

It must be one of those metrosexual things i don't understand.

Link Posted: 8/21/2005 5:20:18 PM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:
       You people that work and live indoors almost 24/7 and bitch about the heat and humidity crack me up  .   I spend 10 to 11 hours aday working in 90+ degrees with 90%+ humidity.     Last Friday I got off work at 6PM in those conditions and spent another hour mowing so I  wouldn't have to do it today.    

Who's bitching? I love the heat, that's why I live here I usually go hiking when it's 103F-115F (ideal conditions for me  is 105F  for me with humidity in the low single digits) Nothing like finding solitude out on the trails with no one else around. Winter sux!
Link Posted: 8/21/2005 5:22:41 PM EDT
[#21]
I mowed my lawn yesterday (when it was super-hot here as well).

Then I rode my bike 20+ miles on the hills.  

Link Posted: 8/21/2005 5:28:49 PM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:

Link Posted: 8/21/2005 7:31:30 PM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:

LOL, my mower is a $99 Murray no frills mower I bought from Lowes way back in 1989.  I change the oil and plug about every other season.  Only real problems I've had is the gas cap vent clogged up and had to get a new cap for it and the throttle cable which is like a bicycle shifting cable gets stuck so I just leave the throttle in wide open mode.
Link Posted: 8/21/2005 7:32:57 PM EDT
[#24]
I had to trim the shrubs. Trade ya.
Link Posted: 8/21/2005 8:11:38 PM EDT
[#25]
I'm sorely tempted to use Lewis Grizzard's method. Spray Roundup in the yard and paint the dirt green. That was also his method to lose a wife if actually executed...

I had to move a pile of branches that my father stacked on top of my steel plate swinging pistol target. It was all I could to just strip right there and jump in the pool when I was done, but I had to get a towel. I changed into trunks for the heck of it...I did that one day last summer. Everyone on the road was at work. I have a privacy area on my deck where the ladder is on my above ground pool.
Link Posted: 8/21/2005 8:55:48 PM EDT
[#26]

Quoted:
sweating like a pig, feeling the body temp rise, then

jumping in the pool  instant relief.  At 6:00pm the temp was still 95F, grass was getting long, a man has to do what a man has to do

I was out in that heat and humidity today.  I shot a USPSA local match down here in Brunswick county, NC.  I ended up doing something that I never did before in a match.  Yes, I LEFT early.  I just couldn't take it any longer.  I had spent Saturday night at my parents house, so I had to go and get my stuff before going home.  I ended up changing back into the clothes I had on Saturday cause they were at least DRY.  It was just miserable!

Vulcan94

Link Posted: 8/21/2005 8:59:18 PM EDT
[#27]
I SO love not having a yard to mow right now.  

Except I work second shift, which means every freaking Friday morning, I'm woken up by the *people from south of the border* who mow the yard at the complex.  
Link Posted: 8/21/2005 9:04:15 PM EDT
[#28]
My son and I mowed my grandmothers and my parents yard today. Unfortunately, we did not get started until 2. We looked like we went swimming in our clothes. I will be glad when that first September cool front rolls through.
Link Posted: 8/21/2005 9:05:32 PM EDT
[#29]
Link Posted: 8/22/2005 5:03:22 PM EDT
[#30]
Saturday, it got up to 98 degrees, probably around a 106 to 109 heat index.  Spent a couple of hours getting ready for this King of the Hill than came home and spent the next 3 hours in my pool.

What a relief!

Merlin
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top