Member Login

Site Notices
12/6/2019 7:27:02 PM
Posted: 3/16/2011 4:04:10 AM EST
Polish Underfolder AKMMS parts kit.

I will be building this one up shortly.
Link Posted: 3/16/2011 4:05:24 AM EST
[Last Edit: 3/16/2011 4:05:55 AM EST by TrojanMan]
To be fair, the Polish were never really communists.

I only have one Polish gun myself, but I'd like to change that.
Link Posted: 3/16/2011 4:06:35 AM EST
Link Posted: 3/16/2011 4:06:55 AM EST

Originally Posted By TrojanMan:

I only have one Polish gun myself, but I'd like to change that.

Ok not full commie gun but it's a AK so it's still commie.
Link Posted: 3/16/2011 4:11:55 AM EST
[Last Edit: 3/16/2011 4:14:13 AM EST by novaDAK]

The Polish United Workers' Party (PUWP, Polish: Polska Zjednoczona Partia Robotnicza - PZPR) was the Communist party which governed the People's Republic of Poland from 1948 to 1989. Ideologically it was based on the theories of Marxism-Leninism.
Link Posted: 3/16/2011 4:13:59 AM EST

Originally Posted By novaDAK:

The Polish United Workers' Party (PUWP, Polish: Polska Zjednoczona Partia Robotnicza - PZPR) was the Communist party which governed the People's Republic of Poland from 1948 to 1989. Ideologically it was based on the theories of Marxism-Leninism.[url=http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Polish_United_Workers%27_Party#cite_note-Luk-0][1][/url]

Much like most of Eastern Europe, the people themselves did not choose Soviet-style "communism." It was imposed on them by force.
Link Posted: 3/16/2011 4:18:07 AM EST

Originally Posted By Strongbow:

The Polish United Workers' Party (PUWP, Polish: Polska Zjednoczona Partia Robotnicza - PZPR) was the Communist party which governed the People's Republic of Poland from 1948 to 1989. Ideologically it was based on the theories of Marxism-Leninism.

Much like most of Eastern Europe, the people themselves did not choose Soviet-style "communism." It was imposed on them by force.

True, but it was a communist country. The AK was adopted by and produced for a communist country.
I had a professor who grew up under communism in eastern Europe. He was not a communist and in fact he made it clear he hates communists.
Link Posted: 3/16/2011 4:19:20 AM EST
Poland was, arguably, the 'least communist' of the eastern bloc nations. Due in large part to the heavy influence of the Catholic Church, which the Polish people refused to abandon. The ascension of Pope John Paul II and the Solidarity uprisings bear witness to the tenuous hold the soviets had on their buffer state. Plus the blazingly fast moves by the Poles to align themselves with the US and indeed become a staunch ally show their true colors.

But it was indeed communist for half a century. I always wondered how they'd react if the balloon ever went up in Europe and the Cold War had gone Hot...
Link Posted: 3/16/2011 4:24:21 AM EST
What is more capitalistic than selling your surplus rifles to a country whose government won't do the same with their own?
Link Posted: 3/16/2011 4:29:27 AM EST
Originally Posted By Strongbow:

The Polish United Workers' Party (PUWP, Polish: Polska Zjednoczona Partia Robotnicza - PZPR) was the Communist party which governed the People's Republic of Poland from 1948 to 1989. Ideologically it was based on the theories of Marxism-Leninism.[url=http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Polish_United_Workers%27_Party#cite_note-Luk-0][1][/url]

This.
Link Posted: 3/16/2011 4:35:41 AM EST
In a nutshell every country Russia took were made to adopt the AK design & the 7.62x39 cartridge.

The only example of the Russians even accepting a non Russian ak designed rifle was the VZ58. I think maybe Yugoslavia as well.

Link Posted: 3/16/2011 4:35:41 AM EST
I have a very strong desire for a Polish underfolder.

Now that you can buy the prebuilt UFs for ~$550, I can't justify the build expenses. I'll end up with one of the Polish UFs soon enough.
Top Top