Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 2/27/2006 1:58:42 PM EDT
I special ordered some vinyl flooring to install in two different, currently occupied, apartment buildings last monday.  The guy who took my order told me to stop by the following Monday (today) and pick up my order, it would be ready.
SO......I stop by today, and no flooring.  The person who took my order was not there, someone else was there who was very helpful, and told me that getting a special order in within that timeframe is next to impossible.
In anticipation of the promise date of today for the new floor, I pulled up the old flooring in both bathrooms yesterday, and now two apartment occupants will come home tonite to find a somewhat clean, but unfinished bathroom floor, and will have to cope with it for at least 3 more days.
I can imagine that these people are NOT going to be happy about this.
Link Posted: 2/27/2006 2:05:13 PM EDT
[#1]
worked with a friend rebuilding his hurricane wrecked house over this past summer.

he had BOUGHT AND PAID FOR a new water heater at home depot about a week before.  This was a physical, on hand water heater that they had IN STOCK, not something that they were ordering in.

We roll into the store on pickup day and they had sold it off the shelf.  Mind you, this unit was PAID IN FULL.  They said we could drive to another location and pick one up from there free of (additional) charge, or wait another 2 weeks for them to restock their shelves.

We walked out and bought a heater elsewhere after getting a full refund.

Those places don't know the meaning of customer service.  They want to separate you from AS MUCH of your money as humanly possible.
Link Posted: 2/27/2006 2:05:19 PM EDT
[#2]
Do you have paperwork for it?  If so, it sounds like Lowes needs to own up to their mistake.

If not, you have learned a valuable lessson.
Link Posted: 2/27/2006 2:12:11 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
I special ordered some vinyl flooring to install in two different, currently occupied, apartment buildings last monday.  The guy who took my order told me to stop by the following Monday (today) and pick up my order, it would be ready.
SO......I stop by today, and no flooring.  The person who took my order was not there, someone else was there who was very helpful, and told me that getting a special order in within that timeframe is next to impossible.
In anticipation of the promise date of today for the new floor, I pulled up the old flooring in both bathrooms yesterday, and now two apartment occupants will come home tonite to find a somewhat clean, but unfinished bathroom floor, and will have to cope with it for at least 3 more days.
I can imagine that these people are NOT going to be happy about this.

If they gave it to you in writing or if there is a policy somewhere on the sales floor on the timeframe that a special order will arrive in and it missed that timeframe, it will be free. I got $300 woth of router bits free from them. Sign on the display, and my receipt said 5 days for any special order router bit, it took 7, spoke to the manager and he made good on it, of course I turned around and spent that $300 on more tools.
Link Posted: 2/27/2006 2:34:28 PM EDT
[#4]
I have a receipt, but no where on there does it have a promise date at all.  I called Lowes Customer Care and bitched a polite fit. Hopefully something will come of that.  If they throw me some refund, I dont mind gift cards at all, I sure as hell will find something else to buy there
It sounds like the guy that took my order will have his ass on the line.
I forgot to mention before that he also ordered more than what I asked for.  I just needed 5 ln ft, and he put in an order for 6 ln ft.  They are giving me the extra foot for free, but WTF am I going to do with a 1 x 12 ft piece of vinyl?
Link Posted: 2/27/2006 2:41:02 PM EDT
[#5]
Be a pro.  

Ok..Your guy fucked up.

Give them a way to make it better.

Any idiot can scream and cry.

Link Posted: 2/27/2006 3:19:21 PM EDT
[#6]
Helpfull tip number 2,3564:
When special ordering something from a box hardware / home improvement store don't start your project until you have the special ordered material in hand or loaded in the back of your truck as you pull out of the parking lot.  
Link Posted: 2/27/2006 6:22:34 PM EDT
[#7]
I special ordered some metal roofing for my carport from Lowes.  When it came in, the salesman and the Ops manager (#2 guy in the store) helped me load it on my trailer, came with me to my house, and helped unload it.  
Of course.  My wife was the store HR Manager at the time.
Link Posted: 2/27/2006 6:38:29 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
When special ordering something from a box hardware / home improvement store don't start your project until you have the special ordered material in hand or loaded in the back of your truck as you pull out of the parking lot.  

FACT.  From the book of BTDT, chapter 1, verse 11.  

Why special order stuff for a rental?  Buy off the shelf......
Link Posted: 2/27/2006 8:28:12 PM EDT
[#9]
I was doing a rough in for a friend of mine, We got a list of what fittings,pipe we needed and went to Lowe's..Got to the plumbing dept, and the bins holding all the 3"-4" fittings were all about empty..I flag down one of the dumb cunts working in plumbing, and ask if they have any fittings. Sure she says, they're all up there..ON TOP OF THE SHELVING UNIT!!  I could'nt believe it! they just unloaded the truck and never bothered to fill the bins up.I made her go get her ladder and go up and down, opening boxes, getting every fitting we needed. I figured dumb cunt would figure out she needs to stock the bins, Couple days later, I'm in there getting a couple of fittings to finish up, and guess what? The bins are still empty!! made dumb cunt climb the ladder..again. Goddamn, those people are Dumb!! I hate to go there, I really do.
Link Posted: 2/27/2006 8:34:19 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

Quoted:

FACT.  From the book of BTDT, chapter 1, verse 11.  

Why special order stuff for a rental?  Buy off the shelf......

landlord is a interior designer, and knew what she wanted to match the bathroom.  no complaints on that, she picked a very good design
Link Posted: 2/28/2006 8:01:41 PM EDT
[#11]
So good and bad news today.
Lowes computers were down ALL day, so they had no way to figure out what is going on, they think the order might have not been placed since the PO# they have is not valid with any of their trucking companies.
But tonite the ASM called me, and said that they are treating this matter very seriously, and he asked what they could do for me to resolve the situation.  I decided to not be greedy, and told them that if they could figure out cost or something close to cost for my order, then I would be willing to go that route.  He said that is a good solution on their end, and tomorrow, the dept manager for flooring is going to figure cost and call me to see if I approve.
Still not thrilled, but I can see that as a company, Lowes cares, and they still have my future business.
Link Posted: 2/28/2006 8:11:07 PM EDT
[#12]
They fuck you in the drive through...
Link Posted: 2/28/2006 9:53:36 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:
They fuck you in the drive through...

Thank you mr pesci.
Link Posted: 2/28/2006 9:56:29 PM EDT
[#14]
Link Posted: 2/28/2006 10:03:44 PM EDT
[#15]
I had a coworker tell a customer some BS about when he would get his parts,when he did not get them he called me,she was not there so i had to take her asschewing. I was going to ship this guys parts next day until he told me i was stupid,then i told him he would just have to wait until the parts got there.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top