Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 1/25/2006 1:43:55 AM EDT
I'm (re) downloading it. Can anyone recommend some good servers once I finish basic?
Link Posted: 1/25/2006 6:09:06 AM EDT
[#1]

Quoted:
I'm (re) downloading it. Can anyone recommend some good servers once I finish basic?

Any of the Honor servers basically.  My favorite maps are SF Hospital and SF Pipeline.  We have (had) a lot of AA players, but most are playing BF2 at the moment.
Link Posted: 1/29/2006 7:49:30 PM EDT
[#2]
v2.6 is supposed to be released soon with 2 new maps and a new in-game browser!

The patch after that is supposedly going to be the "big one" w/ vehicles we have been waiting for, for over a year
Link Posted: 1/29/2006 7:58:58 PM EDT
[#3]
alrighty, fair enough. Too bad I don't have money for BF2 so it's Wolf:ET and AA for me.
Link Posted: 1/30/2006 6:40:36 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
v2.6 is supposed to be released soon with 2 new maps and a new in-game browser!

The patch after that is supposedly going to be the "big one" w/ vehicles we have been waiting for, for over a year

They're cool to drive around, but a lot more realistic than BF2, no driving and gunning, for example. You have to exit the vehicle and climb back in to change seats, IIRC, its been a few weeks since I messed with it. The rumor I heard was late summer or fall release for the vehicles.

Kharn
Link Posted: 1/31/2006 10:34:24 AM EDT
[#5]
The biggest reason I stopped playing AA is the devs were being morons. They first said, "There will NEVER EVER be pistols in the game..." and then they added pistols as sidearms for snipers. I told them about the Trijicon Reflex sight having a bug where the front sight tower mysteriously disappears when you zoom in. After like 5 revisions they finally fixed it (you're basically co-witnessing IIRC).

Don't get me wrong, I really liked AAO. I played it for about 2 years since it first came out. Then it got boring - using the same rifle over and over and over again and having 10 kiddies trying to get the SAW or sniper slot so they can be rambo or tom berenger Or having the aimbot users using super aimbot hacks where they can take out the entire enemy team in under 30 seconds using a 249 ... from across the map!

I tried it again when they got the Stryker and RWS into the game and wasn't too impressed.

I'm actually ready to go with Half-Life 2 and waiting for some mods to come out. BF2 seems great but HL2 is more flexible.
Link Posted: 1/31/2006 8:05:58 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

I'm actually ready to go with Half-Life 2 and waiting for some mods to come out. BF2 seems great but HL2 is more flexible.

Its on its way, only "months" now
Link Posted: 1/31/2006 11:21:44 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
The biggest reason I stopped playing AA is the devs were being morons. They first said, "There will NEVER EVER be pistols in the game..." and then they added pistols as sidearms for snipers. I told them about the Trijicon Reflex sight having a bug where the front sight tower mysteriously disappears when you zoom in. After like 5 revisions they finally fixed it (you're basically co-witnessing IIRC).

Don't get me wrong, I really liked AAO. I played it for about 2 years since it first came out. Then it got boring - using the same rifle over and over and over again and having 10 kiddies trying to get the SAW or sniper slot so they can be rambo or tom berenger Or having the aimbot users using super aimbot hacks where they can take out the entire enemy team in under 30 seconds using a 249 ... from across the map!

I tried it again when they got the Stryker and RWS into the game and wasn't too impressed.

Or the fact that all the SF charecter models have empty holsters because according to the "Devs" not all SF carry sidearms. Despite people putting up picture after picture to the contrary.

The game could really be something special, they just need to stop trying to make it a game, and make it the simulation it was supposed to be. I am surprised Aimpoint isn't all over them for thier depiction of the M2 sight. The dot is huge, fuzzy, and damn near useless.

The M9 sidearm is almost a waste of the "P" key. Line up the sights, wait for breathing, fire, and miss... wtf over?

Despite the many flaws it is pretty fun to play if you get in a good server, and it is free.

For servers try the public hosted honor type. It's nice to have an admin there to remove people that have thier hacks running or just want to ruin other peoples time.  

M.I.A.
P.A.W.G.
TBD

These 3 are good ones so far.
Link Posted: 2/1/2006 4:59:51 PM EDT
[#8]
I am still playing courtyard from time to time.  
Link Posted: 2/2/2006 10:21:00 AM EDT
[#9]
AA is too slow and boring
Link Posted: 2/6/2006 6:34:06 AM EDT
[#10]
There are alot of good servers out there.  I always play the clan servers cuz normally with an admin present they will kick the hackers quickly.  Only choose a server with a ping below 125, I know its a bug and you still may have lag but thats a server computer lag issue and not a server connection issue.

I play Hospital, Courtyard, Extraction, SCAR, Poopline SF, and Radio Tower if I want a SLOW 10minute game.  The CW clan was top rated in Radio Tower long time ago.  WE are now big into WoW, BF2 and SW.

Infact ...think I'll go play some whorspital now.....45 years old and I still pwn the kiddies...lol.
Link Posted: 2/6/2006 6:35:49 AM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:
AA is too slow and boring

+eleventybillion
Link Posted: 2/6/2006 2:02:56 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:
... once I finish basic?

They STILL make you do this?
Link Posted: 2/6/2006 5:56:14 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:

Quoted:
... once I finish basic?

And always will. Its the most effective way to make sure anyone playing the game knows how to do the basic functions.

Kharn
Link Posted: 2/6/2006 6:32:32 PM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:
... once I finish basic?

And always will. Its the most effective way to make sure anyone playing the game knows how to do the basic functions.

Kharn

Yup, keep in mind this is a recruiting tool for the Army.
Some maps on AA are slow, but others like Hospital, Courtyard, Extractions, etc... are pretty fast paced and intense.
Link Posted: 2/6/2006 8:41:09 PM EDT
[#15]
Link Posted: 2/7/2006 3:37:09 AM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:
How do you guys find the honor servers?  My in game browser used to find hundreds of servers and now it only finds ten or so, and they don't appear to be honor servers.  Its patched up to the latest so I know that's not a problem...

Their is probably A filter you can set to only display honor servers.
Eh, I reinstalled the game so i'll poke around it for A bit.
We should play urban terror some time Duke, I'm not running any windows machines right now or I would say lets play some ghost recon.
Link Posted: 2/7/2006 4:38:23 AM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:
... once I finish basic?

Kharn

Some maps on AA are slow, but others like Hospital, Courtyard, Extractions, etc... are pretty fast paced and intense.

They're fast paced and intense until you get shot and have to wait 15 min for the next round to start.
Link Posted: 2/7/2006 4:53:25 AM EDT
[#18]
Link Posted: 2/7/2006 5:05:23 AM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:
... once I finish basic?

Kharn

They're fast paced and intense until you get shot and have to wait 15 min for the next round to start.

Easy to fix, don't get shot
Link Posted: 2/7/2006 8:21:42 AM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:
Metroplex-- that's how you can clean guns and play games at the same time.  Once you get killed, pick up your barrel and cleaning rod....

I used to have a keyboard that was so stained with CLP it was permanently slick.

Its wasn't CLP or even slick for that matter, in fact quite the opposite.

Dont lie to yourself.
Link Posted: 2/7/2006 1:21:40 PM EDT
[#21]
Link Posted: 2/7/2006 1:22:35 PM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:
Hey, if I'm paying for broadband, I might as well enjoy the "broads" while I'm using it.

Link Posted: 2/7/2006 1:58:42 PM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Hey, if I'm paying for broadband, I might as well enjoy the "broads" while I'm using it.

That's a sig line if I ever saw one!
Link Posted: 2/7/2006 2:27:46 PM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:

Link Posted: 2/9/2006 7:49:23 AM EDT
[#25]
Well a Strykerlees 2.6 is readdy, its one fileront waiting the go ahead to be realised
Link Posted: 2/9/2006 4:29:05 PM EDT
[#26]
Been released.. looks like the only thing new is two new maps.. other than that it looks like it is just bug fixes.

-d
Link Posted: 2/9/2006 4:32:24 PM EDT
[#27]

Quoted:
Been released.. looks like the only thing new is two new maps.. other than that it looks like it is just bug fixes.

-d

Actully they upgaded the engine alittle bit, it uses DX9 goodies now.

It runs alot better too.
Link Posted: 2/11/2006 3:33:35 PM EDT
[#28]
everyone's too busy playing battlefield 2 :)
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top