Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login

Posted: 10/26/2013 5:56:06 PM EST
[Last Edit: 10/26/2013 5:57:37 PM EST by hawktheslayer]
I just started in on a new bottle of Seagram's 7 Dark Honey a few hours ago and remembered that I haven't eaten. So being the responsible asshole that I am, and not drive impaired---
I decided that I had to order some damn pizza. I looked for the wallet and I remembered I had put it in the glove compartment...Well...the both the garage and car were on the other side
of the house. Fuck that...I was too lazy. I was hungry...and haven't been the grocery store in weeks.

So..into the freezer. I find frozen mussels, frozen scallops...and some bullshit microwaveable veggies. Fuck that veggie shit.

At any rate...this is what I came up with given what I had left on hand:

Mussels/Scallops in a bullshit Parmesan/garlic creamy butter sauce over angel hair pasta:

First, heat up stove, throw frozen mussels into pan with shitty white wine, garlic, salt, pepper....

Start thawing scallops in warm water. Continuing to boil wine/garlic sauce down--steam and heat is starting to open up the mussels.
Started angel-hair pasta boiling in salted water.

Removing mussels when done (covering with saran wrap in a bowl), reserving about 50% of the liquid. Add scallops and cook until firm

When liquid is reduced and scallops are firming up---I add all the cheese that I had left (maybe 1/4 a bag of shredded white American) and some dried Parmesan cheese like you'd put on spaghetti.
Then I threw in some heavy cream, butter, and fresh chopped garlic. Pulled meat from mussels and threw into cheesy-weird mixture.

Removed noodles from water and drained. Added some olive oil, butter, and oregano and tossed it. Added mussels/scallops/sauce over the noodles. Booze and nearest handgun included (I wasn't going to unlock a rifle for
a bullshit snack picture). Regardless of how it looks---it tasted pretty fucking good.

At any rate...now into third episode of Firefly, looking to move on to Season 5 of SoA.

Link Posted: 10/26/2013 5:58:08 PM EST
I'd eat it gladly
Link Posted: 10/26/2013 6:00:23 PM EST
You defrosted frozen seafood in standing warm water?

I hope you live...
Link Posted: 10/26/2013 6:01:12 PM EST
Damn good foraging!

8/10

I'd eat the hell outta that
Link Posted: 10/26/2013 6:01:54 PM EST
That's a nice appetizer. Where is dinner?

0/10
Link Posted: 10/26/2013 6:02:12 PM EST
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By David_ESM:

I hope you live...
View Quote

Actually, it was cold water...that I had to dump twice. When it was done the third time, it was about room temperature. I should live, though.
Link Posted: 10/26/2013 6:03:07 PM EST
Link Posted: 10/26/2013 6:03:51 PM EST
Well I will give you a 9 based on the amount of alcohol gone from the bottle and the cooking skill you displayed!

I would be unable to even boil water!
Link Posted: 10/26/2013 6:04:26 PM EST
Those look like roaches without legs.

:puke:
Link Posted: 10/26/2013 6:05:22 PM EST
[Last Edit: 10/26/2013 6:07:43 PM EST by cyborg543]
Originally Posted By hawktheslayer:

Actually, it was cold water...that I had to dump twice. When it was done the third time, it was about room temperature. I should live, though.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By David_ESM:

I hope you live...

defrost with running cold water and a colander

also, something with a delicate flavor like scallops shouldn't be covered with cheese, cream and wine sauce

Link Posted: 10/26/2013 6:07:12 PM EST
I see someone might have a drinking problem if you just popped the cherry on that bottle tonight.
GET HELP!
Link Posted: 10/26/2013 6:07:45 PM EST

Start thawing scallops in warm water.

View Quote

Link Posted: 10/26/2013 6:11:47 PM EST
Food looks good. Watching sons of Anarchy after season two, OTOH, is kinda gay.
Link Posted: 10/26/2013 6:25:51 PM EST
As nasty as that is, I'm giving a solid 7/10 alone just for the fact you're still coherent and functionable, and haven't burned your place down after drinking that much.
Top Top