Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Posted: 9/25/2004 7:34:01 PM EST
OSLO COUNTY COURT:

Man acquitted of peeling apples
Carin Pettersson 24.09.04 12:05

He was thrown in jail and fined for weapon possession after peeling an apple with a pocket knife on a bench in a grave yard. After a court case, he was finally acquitted.

The Oslo police department did not get much out of the apple case against the taxi driver Sverre Moen except maybe the apple core.

It all started May 6 of this year when 50-year-old Moen was enjoying his lunch on a bench in Vestre Gravlund in Oslo and peeled an apple with a knife.

«When I was hurrying off to the car to make the appointment with a physically disabled customer, two police officers suddenly jumped out of their car,» Moen explained to TV 2 Nettavisen.

The police claimed that Moen looked suspicious, and put him in cuffs when they discovered that Moen had a pocket knife.

Jailed
He was taken to Majorstua police station, where he was frisked and thrown in jail.

«I was allowed to make a call to the switchboard to inform that I could not pick up the physically challenged people who were waiting for me,» Moen said. «After four hours they came and said that I was released. I was handed a fine of NOK 6,000 (USD 880) for carrying a weapon in a public place, my pocket knife, that is. I know the law, but it’s not made for the people who peel apples is it.»

Moen, who works as a driver and drives physically challenged people and social security recipients to their appointments in Oslo, thanks his colleagues in the firm Gode Busser AS for helping him to take the case to court.

«If I had not worked for such nice people who promised to pay the lawyer’s bill, I would not have able to,» Moen explained.

Traumatic
Moen is pleased by his victory, but he admits that the incident has weighed heavy on his mind during the summer.

«The hours in jail was actually so traumatic that I had to see a doctor,» Moen said. «Today, I thank my wife for all the support.»

The case started in Oslo county court Tuesday and Thursday afternoon, Moen finally got the verdict; acquitted.

Never peel an apple again
«I’m pleased and happy,» Moen said. «Much has become backwards in Norway, but this indicates that there actually is justice in this country after all.»

He even got his knife back, but he has decided not to peel an apple in public ever again.

«No, I’ll eat the apple with the peel on after this,» Moen concluded.

pub.tv2.no/nettavisen/english/article282955.ece
Link Posted: 9/25/2004 7:38:20 PM EST
VER ARE YOUR PAPERS, HMMMMMMMM?
Link Posted: 9/25/2004 8:15:28 PM EST
I was thinking Bowie Knife or Machete or something...

wow. just wow. this is almost as bad as the guy in england being charged by the government for his stay in prison after being acquitted...
Link Posted: 9/25/2004 8:17:59 PM EST
At first I thought it was so ridiculous as to be funny, until I realized...

This is exactly where this country (the USA) is headed if we don't cut the PC BS off at the knees.
Link Posted: 9/25/2004 8:23:45 PM EST
[Hitlery] He was bearing a weapon in public! [/Hitlery]

A thought crossed my mind.... he was IN a cemetary? Private property???

Oh wait, its Europe... nobody owns anything.

- BG
Link Posted: 9/25/2004 8:36:11 PM EST
Why is it, that a person having a tool on them automaticaly becomes a bad person
and their tool becomes a weapon ?

What can we have any more ?

GM

Link Posted: 9/25/2004 8:46:42 PM EST

He even got his knife back, but he has decided not to peel an apple in public ever again.

Hell with that. I'd immediately peel an apple right in front of the courthouse (being careful not to litter).
Link Posted: 9/25/2004 9:05:02 PM EST
Europe are a bunch of pussies. And I am afraid America is headed down that road also.
Link Posted: 9/25/2004 9:41:15 PM EST
You can bang your woman at a rock concert in front of 20,000 people but you cannot carry a pocketknife.
Link Posted: 9/25/2004 9:45:45 PM EST

Originally Posted By cnorton:
Europe are a bunch of pussies. And I am afraid America is headed down that road also.

Not if we conquer them first!

Come on, we all get together with our guns, we can take Europe and divy it up.
Top Top