Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 3/11/2006 9:39:40 AM EDT
While trying to ghost my HD to a usb enclosure the computer froze.  Ended up calling symantic and did get the puter up and running.  The southeatern Indian told me that ghost has a problem with multiple usb devices and he told me to remove as many as possible to make ghost work.  Ghost is 2003 version.  Before I start removing usb devices can anyone give me insight.  Would even be willing to (choke, hack, cough) buy other software to get this done.
Link Posted: 3/11/2006 9:54:51 AM EDT
[#1]
Strange, I use Ghost 2003 and I have a bunch of USB stuff plugged in.

Is the USB drive plugged directly into your computer or into a hub? I know some devices don't like hubs.
Link Posted: 3/11/2006 2:56:38 PM EDT
[#2]
Directly into computer.  Really have not tried to ghost my HD since tech support got me up and running.  I think I paid for the phone call but I was desperate.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top