Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 8/17/2005 3:53:58 PM EDT
I got contacted by a head-hunter who told me a good job that I would likely get if I allowed him to send them my info.  Anyone here work there?
Link Posted: 8/17/2005 3:55:25 PM EDT
[#1]
If it means living and working on Long Island:

Grab a shotgun and go dove hunting.
Link Posted: 8/17/2005 3:59:25 PM EDT
[#2]
I have a very close friend and USNA classmate who works for Northrop-Grumman over at Newport News Shipbuilding. He's been there for years, so it can't be that bad.

I'd certainly look into it if the location was right!
Link Posted: 8/17/2005 5:24:41 PM EDT
[#3]
Well, they just yesterday announced layoffs for 2006 in their naval shipbuilding facilities, if that is the area you are into:

www.al.com/newsflash/regional/index.ssf?/base/news-15/1124190939308280.xml&storylist=alabamanews
Link Posted: 8/17/2005 5:29:16 PM EDT
[#4]
Based on a lawsuit I handled a couple of years ago, it's OK if you aren't black.
Link Posted: 8/17/2005 5:36:45 PM EDT
[#5]
After they got humbled a few years ago, I'd say so.

Link Posted: 8/17/2005 5:53:39 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
After they got humbled a few years ago, I'd say so.

There are SO many locations and types of work they do.
I'm sure you could find people praising it,
and trashing it.  

Link Posted: 8/17/2005 6:01:59 PM EDT
[#7]
Back in the dat Grumman was one of the Largest Employers here

I did a brief stint for them ( Very Brief )

My Brother was a Mechanical Engineer and worked for them for Years  ( No Longer )

I know a guy who works for the Current Company in Marietta Georgia  ( He's very Happy although he had to relocate )

Depending what you do for them they often require you to relocate
Link Posted: 8/17/2005 6:02:14 PM EDT
[#8]
NG has dozens of facilities across the US. Give us a hint about the facility you are considering.
Link Posted: 8/17/2005 6:15:56 PM EDT
[#9]
Are you talking about the plant in Grand Prairie, I know several people that  work or have worked there.
Good Place.
be aware of layoffs though, it all depends on what you do.
Link Posted: 8/17/2005 6:23:40 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
NG has dozens of facilities across the US. Give us a hint about the facility you are considering.

The one in Austin, Texas.
Link Posted: 8/17/2005 6:30:17 PM EDT
[#11]
My uncle worked for them  way back in the day on the F-14. He enjoyed it there, IIRC.

I still have his company pin. Three diamonds below a blue field with the eagle, Grumman name, and a another diamond star. And his Tomcat patch. My grandmother has his Tomcat mug, my mom has some other patches he got, and John Glenn's autograph that he got her. Lot of cool stories I never got to hear.

Link Posted: 8/18/2005 8:53:27 AM EDT
[#12]
They suck major donkey-balls.

Of course, I'm unbiased.
(works at the big B)
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top