Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 11/18/2003 3:02:06 PM EDT
I ordered a Sten magazine loader and a couple pouches from Northridge on 11/05/03. I called yesterday  11/17/03 and asked about the order.

He said "yep, it will be out to you in a week or two." I asked why they charged my card over two weeks ago and he did not have a good answer. Only, "Yep, we just box 'em up, charge 'em and throw them on the shipping shelf." Where they apparently let them pile up until they decide they have enough and ought to get them out the door.

I then asked if he could have them call their shipper and have them pick it up as I had ordered it for a reason, like I needed it back when I ordered it. He actually laughed at that suggestion...

I will never order from them again. They evidently just do not give a shit about customer service, their customers, or their customers needs.

Thanks for listening to my rant. I am going to call them back in a few and asjk if it went out.

Bob

Link Posted: 11/18/2003 5:46:15 PM EDT
[#1]
Want me to go over there and get the stuff for you from them and ship it?

CW
Link Posted: 11/18/2003 6:01:27 PM EDT
[#2]
Northridge is (in)famous for takig 4 to 6 weeks to ship an order.  As you've just learned, don't order anything from them that you need in a hurry.

On the plus side; they do have some items that you just can't seem to find anyehere else. That's when I order from them.  If I can get it somewhere else, for anything ike their price, that;s where I go.  SARCO is the East Coast version of the same type of outfit
Link Posted: 11/18/2003 6:06:41 PM EDT
[#3]
Hey guys, I live about 15 min from them. For future orders, just let me know and I'll pick the stuff up in person and ship it by whatever means you like within 1 day. Need to work out the money details (I don't want money, just cover shipping costs), but it seems like this might be a solution to the time lag problem.

CW
Link Posted: 11/18/2003 6:33:30 PM EDT
[#4]
Wow, thanks for the offer. The guy on the phone took my name and number for "customer service" to call me back. Of course I never heard anything back.

If you want to stop by and check on "the pile" of stuff they are waiting until they are tripping over to ship out, it's fine by me.

Bob

Link Posted: 11/18/2003 6:40:03 PM EDT
[#5]
KY-Bob (you should really change your handle... ), send me an IM with the particulars and I'll check tomorrow or Thursday (work issues).

CW
Link Posted: 11/18/2003 6:57:38 PM EDT
[#6]
Why should I change my handle? ""

I am from Kentucky, my name is Bob.

Oh, I get it...

Sorry, I cannot control the thoughts in anyones head. I am not responsible for them either.

Bob

Link Posted: 11/18/2003 8:26:27 PM EDT
[#7]
I'm still waiting on a 4 pack of E German AK74 mags....that I ordered the last week of Sept .
Link Posted: 11/19/2003 3:46:49 AM EDT
[#8]
They are probably sitting next to my mag loader, gathering dust.

Bob
Link Posted: 11/19/2003 4:10:39 AM EDT
[#9]
Thanks for the info guys! I ordered 12 FAL mags from them a week ago, and they have not shipped yet. I think I will call them today and cancel the order.
Link Posted: 11/19/2003 5:43:33 PM EDT
[#10]
Guess who didn't call me back today? You got it, "Customer Service"!

Bob

Link Posted: 11/19/2003 5:59:03 PM EDT
[#11]
i got dinked around for 2 months on a order from them before..NEVER agine from them
Link Posted: 11/25/2003 4:25:28 AM EDT
[#12]
Still nothing here? Anyone else?

Bob
Link Posted: 11/25/2003 4:51:01 AM EDT
[#13]
How prophetic. I was planning an order to them today. Guess I'll go elsewhere. Not that I mind so much that some businesses don't move as though they have any purpose in life (Ever deal with Fred's?) but when they also don't care that they ship whenever the feel like it, well, that's different.

Thanks for the heads up guys!

Cpt. Redleg
Link Posted: 11/26/2003 6:56:39 PM EDT
[#14]
I received my package yesterday. The sten mag loader is as expected but the mag pouches are for 20 round sten mags. They are totally useless to me but for 6 bucks it is not worth the trouble to deal with their poor service.

Do any any of you own 20 round sten mags? I didn't think so. It would have been "nice" if they had informed me of the fact that they were for 20 round mags.

Northridge uses deceptive sales practices and is stupendously non-chalant in their shipping procedures.

What a bunch of f*ckwads. Buyer beware.

Bob

Link Posted: 11/26/2003 8:02:45 PM EDT
[#15]
I'm convinced that they've lost my order.  I ordered a PPS43 mag at the same time as the E German 4 pack of AK74 mags & the next day or so I got an e-mail saying that the PPS43 mag was out of stock & should they continue with the rest of the order?  Haven't heard jack since I responded & still no mags.  I'll have to dig out the credit card bill but I don't think the order charge was on the last statement.  I have ordered from them before & had no problem but that was a few years back...M16 furniture set, Italian surplus helmet, misc crap I didn't really need but looked neato on their website.

re 20rnd Sten mags....you could always shorten your mags to fit the pouch [;D]  I've thought about doing just that to most of the TAPCO Sten mag package deal I bought a while back.  Shorten them just enuff so as to fit in the Swedish leather smg mag pouch I have laying around.
Link Posted: 11/27/2003 5:42:22 AM EDT
[#16]
I could shorten them but at 1200 rounds per minute a mag doesn't last that long to begin with. [:D]

Bob

Link Posted: 11/27/2003 8:05:20 AM EDT
[#17]
E-mail them. Maybe if they were to see here how people feel they might improve their shipping practices.  [size=5][email protected][/size=5]
Link Posted: 11/27/2003 10:25:19 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
I could shorten them but at 1200 rounds per minute a mag doesn't last that long to begin with. [:D]
View Quote

But you would get to practice your mag swapping skills that much more...[;)]
I take it you have a M11/9 with the Sten mag conversion?  You might scrounge up some Lanchester mags...50rnds!  My Sten mags were purchased to use in a future 9mm AR15 upper for my "5 Year Plan" AR.

I ordered a couple of Bulgarian brown polymer AK74 mags from K-Var early yesterday afternoon...& received an e-mail later the same day that they had already shipped!  Guess who will get more of my $$$$$$ in the future.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top