Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 10/29/2010 6:08:40 AM EDT
http://www.cnn.com/2010/WORLD/asiapcf/10/29/korea.border.incident/index.html?eref=rss_topstories&utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+rss%2Fcnn_topstories+%28RSS%3A+Top+Stories%29

Seoul, South Korea (CNN) –– North Korean and South Korean military units exchanged gunfire near their border Friday, South Korean authorities said.

Link Posted: 10/29/2010 6:13:38 AM EDT
[#1]
Game on.

Quickly, someone send the chosen one over to apologize on behalf of South Korea for defending themselves.

For anyone that can't see that North Korea is going to start WWIII, you must be blind.
Link Posted: 10/29/2010 6:22:31 AM EDT
[#2]

Hasn't that kind of random exchange been going on in the DMZ forever? Any vets who served there want to chime in?

Link Posted: 10/29/2010 6:24:09 AM EDT
[#3]
That happens now and again on the DMZ. Five rounds? Not much of a fire fight.
Link Posted: 10/29/2010 6:25:46 AM EDT
[#4]
Happens all the time. If nothing is going to happen after N. Korea sank that S. Korean ship then nothing will come of this.  

Link Posted: 10/29/2010 6:26:23 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Hasn't that kind of random exchange been going on in the DMZ forever? Any vets who served there want to chime in?

Yes.  They shoot at each other all the time.

Link Posted: 10/29/2010 6:36:33 AM EDT
[#6]
The Korean War never technically ended so not much needs to be done in order for us to send troops that way
Link Posted: 10/29/2010 6:37:34 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Happens all the time. If nothing is going to happen after N. Korea sank that S. Korean ship then nothing will come of this.  

I think so as well.
Link Posted: 10/29/2010 6:38:59 AM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

+1 and the sad part is that NK knows SK will not do shit.

Link Posted: 10/29/2010 6:40:37 AM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

Yes.  They shoot at each other all the time.

Yeah, they are at war ya know...

Link Posted: 10/29/2010 6:40:58 AM EDT
[#10]
North Korea is looking for more handouts.  It's their way of saying "Please send more food and money"
Link Posted: 10/29/2010 6:41:21 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Quoted:

I think so as well.

yeah, if sinking a naval vessel with significant loss of life doesn't (re)start a shooting war I guess I don't know what will.

Fuck if I was the Pres of S. Korea, I'd sink every NK flagged cargo vessel carrying food into their eat dirt country.
Link Posted: 10/29/2010 6:42:44 AM EDT
[#12]
I doubt WWIII will be started by NK, they would not last long with China backing them up and China now has way too much to lose economically to go to war with SK and by proxy us.
Link Posted: 10/29/2010 6:43:52 AM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:

http://www.cnn.com/2010/WORLD/asiapcf/10/29/korea.border.incident/index.html?eref=rss_topstories&utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+rss%2Fcnn_topstories+%28RSS%3A+Top+Stories%29

Seoul, South Korea (CNN) –– North Korean and South Korean military units exchanged gunfire near their border Friday, South Korean authorities said.

Its nothing new.

There have been skirmishes on the border for years.
Link Posted: 10/29/2010 6:47:23 AM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:

it happens - although the majority may or may not be reported in the news

Link Posted: 10/29/2010 6:54:06 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I think so as well.

yeah, if sinking a naval vessel with significant loss of life doesn't (re)start a shooting war I guess I don't know what will.

Fuck if I was the Pres of S. Korea, I'd sink every NK flagged cargo vessel carrying food into their eat dirt country.

Actually, the US supplies NK with a lot of its food supply as humanitarian aid.  
Link Posted: 10/29/2010 6:57:06 AM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:

Quoted:

So what would happen in you stepped on that piece of concrete?  Would they try and arrest you for trespassing?  

Link Posted: 10/29/2010 7:00:30 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
North Korea is looking for more handouts.  It's their way of saying "Please send more food and money"

Exactly!

Winter is coming.  He needs rice and heating oil.
The price of those are going up dramatically
-I bet freebies are going to be harder to come by as the world goes broke.  
Link Posted: 10/29/2010 7:05:10 AM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

So what would happen in you stepped on that piece of concrete?  Would they try and arrest you for trespassing?  

maybe - more than likely they would file an official protest with the UN, then play the video at the general assembly decrying the"aggression the the imperialist capitalist invaders of the south subject them to".

then during the next 4 or 5 meetings - continue to bring it up during the negotiations as "evidence" of why "America is so evil"

Link Posted: 10/29/2010 7:26:00 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
Game on.

Quickly, someone send the chosen one over to apologize on behalf of South Korea for defending themselves.

For anyone that can't see that North Korea is going to start WWIII, you must be blind.

You talkin' 'bout Clinton, Carter or Obama? I guess we could send all 3. You know that dirthole, communist gulag, well on it's way into the stone age, deserves some attention.

Not that we need another war right now, but you are correct, they will lash out as they circle the drain. Ruining 17M people's lives is not enough for them.
Link Posted: 10/29/2010 7:30:46 AM EDT
[#20]
Wake me up when 1+ million NK troops cross the border. Until then, it's normal every day life on the DMZ.
Link Posted: 10/29/2010 9:28:44 AM EDT
[#21]
We never should have sent them aid. Clinton and Halfbright got taken on that phony deal. How could we forget that China went to war over N. Korea? The smart thing to do would be to tell the Chinese that THEY are responsible for feeding them. God knows they have the money (trillions). They use crazy Kim as a way to distract us and we should have stopped playing along decades ago.
Link Posted: 10/29/2010 9:33:45 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I think so as well.

IIRC, a nork sub went missing.  I assumed that it was the south's revenge.
Link Posted: 10/29/2010 9:47:33 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

Yeah, it happens.
Link Posted: 10/29/2010 9:51:37 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yeah, it happens.

I heard Fo Dog was sighted near the DMZ, peeing on a Kim Il-Sung statue.
Link Posted: 10/29/2010 10:01:45 AM EDT
[#25]
The DMZ is a surreal place. I hope to get there someday.

South Korean guards stand like this to lower their profile to NK snipers.

NK guard staring down tourists at the DMZ.

Link Posted: 10/29/2010 10:07:50 AM EDT
[#26]
After the sinking of that ship, SK should monkey stomp the NORKS.
Link Posted: 10/29/2010 10:08:06 AM EDT
[#27]
Not all that uncommon from what I understand. The NK's are known to occasionally take a shot across the Border or lob a Mortar Round across the Border. In the overall scheme of things this is minor compared to the sinking of the ROKS Cheonan back in March that killed 46 South Korean Sailors.
Link Posted: 10/29/2010 10:12:14 AM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

The ROKs aren't afraid of fighting them, they're afraid of feeding them afterwards.  Lots of unemployable short people in the workers paradise.
Link Posted: 10/29/2010 10:14:34 AM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
Quoted:

The ROKs aren't afraid of fighting them, they're afraid of feeding them afterwards.  Lots of unemployable short people in the workers paradise.

That is so very true.
NOBODY wants NK to go away except for the North Korean peasants  and the United States
Hell of a spot to be in.

Link Posted: 10/29/2010 10:15:57 AM EDT
[#30]
two rounds of 14.5mm.......nice......
and three rounds of .50 cal back....

it's all fun and games on the DMZ til someone catches a 14.5mm APIT in the eye.....
Link Posted: 10/29/2010 10:19:52 AM EDT
[#31]

Quoted:

two rounds of 14.5mm.......nice......

and three rounds of .50 cal back....

it's all fun and games on the DMZ til someone catches a 14.5mm APIT in the eye.....

needs more operation Paul Bunyan, this time, with FEELING

Link Posted: 10/29/2010 10:21:28 AM EDT
[#32]
Good, start pressing buttons...
Link Posted: 10/29/2010 10:25:39 AM EDT
[#33]
We have a employee there right now.  I should send her an email to see how she is doing.

Link Posted: 10/29/2010 10:27:29 AM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

Quoted:

The Nork hats always crack me up.  It's like they're trying to make themselves look bigger than they really are.
Link Posted: 10/29/2010 10:41:08 AM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Very true.

I saw a story awhile ago that after the famine of the 90's in NK the average person in NK is shorter than before due to stunted growth for the rampant malnutrition. The NK Army had to lower it's height standards because so few people could qualify. They are a seriously messed up society and no doubt SK would shoulder a huge burden after the war ended and NK was liberated.
Link Posted: 10/29/2010 10:44:33 AM EDT
[#36]

Quoted:

The DMZ is a surreal place. I hope to get there someday.

South Korean guards stand like this to lower their profile to NK snipers.

That's a creepy pic please close the curtains...

Link Posted: 10/29/2010 10:57:30 AM EDT
[#37]
yawn.............
Link Posted: 10/29/2010 10:58:16 AM EDT
[#38]
My Cousin spent several years there and said it happened almost daily.
Link Posted: 10/29/2010 10:58:28 AM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

Quoted:

I'm assuming that's you.  Awesome picture.  Thanks for serving.
Link Posted: 10/29/2010 10:59:59 AM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
Game on.

I heard you hosers are drawing up some new sanctions against the little commie bastards. I knew Canada was good for something
Link Posted: 10/29/2010 11:03:15 AM EDT
[#41]

Quoted:

Game on.

im thinking north korea will be more like edsert storm part two if they actually start a war.

Link Posted: 10/29/2010 11:07:32 AM EDT
[#42]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

The Nork hats always crack me up.  It's like they're trying to make themselves look bigger than they really are.

I'm pretty sure Russian service caps are like that too.

And the Ruskies definitely have a preoccupation with size.

Link Posted: 10/29/2010 11:08:02 AM EDT
[#43]
Fo time yet?
Link Posted: 10/29/2010 11:10:43 AM EDT
[#44]

I'd pull out a cheeseburger and eat it right in front of him.
Link Posted: 10/29/2010 11:22:44 AM EDT
[#45]

Quoted:

SK will not be stomping anything, it will be our guys.

Link Posted: 10/29/2010 11:25:17 AM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
That happens now and again on the DMZ. Five rounds? Not much of a fire fight.

Really... Plus they exchanged the rounds not sure why everyone is freaking out. I exchange shit all the time.. This is just part of the Korean Penn. tradition of Oct round exchange. We are westerners we wouldn't understand round exchanges and how they can bring folks together.
Link Posted: 10/29/2010 11:29:53 AM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Exactly!

Winter is coming.  He needs rice and heating oil.
The price of those are going up dramatically
-I bet freebies are going to be harder to come by as the world goes broke.  

Winter is about the only time they really could come across with armor. For those who have been there you'll know that area is pretty hard to slog through in the summer and spring due to the rice fields etc. To the eastern part bring some carabiners and rope to haul the armor up and down some pretty steep terrain.

North Korea is a pretty fascinating place. I can't wait to see the Discovery channel and National Geo shows after NK falls. Going to be hearing about some really weird shit.
Link Posted: 10/29/2010 11:30:30 AM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:

And if the south continues to give food and aid, they are fucking idiots that deserve what will eventually happen to them. As bad as I feel for the people of the north, anything given to that government will only prolong the suffering of the people for years to come. Save up all that aid, let the north fall and use the aid for the people up there once the government is in chains awaiting execution.

Link Posted: 10/29/2010 1:35:25 PM EDT
[#49]
Link Posted: 10/29/2010 6:39:42 PM EDT
[#50]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

I'm assuming that's you.  Awesome picture.  Thanks for serving.

it is me

dont thank me - thank my recruiter

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top