Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 10/9/2007 7:35:36 PM EDT
The National Geographic Channel is showing the NH Shootout and claims the suspects were using armor piercing ammo that they imported.  Does anyone know what ammo they were using from the AK47s?  I question everything I hear about this incident on TV and I have heard this before.  I know.  This subject has been discussed to death, but I have never heard an answer on this other than the uninformed TV drama shows.
Link Posted: 10/9/2007 7:38:50 PM EDT
[#1]
I saw that. They must have emphasized Armor Piercing Ammo like 30 times
Link Posted: 10/9/2007 7:39:46 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 10/9/2007 7:56:38 PM EDT
[#3]
I got the impression that the show was implying that since these bullets were going through vehicles, they were AP.  This is very misleading to the general public who takes this info as fact.  It definately gives the wrong impression as most of us know that non AP bullets will also go through vehicles.
Link Posted: 10/9/2007 7:59:44 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
Despite the "AP" term always being used, they were actually using Chinese mild-steel-core 7.62x39mm ammo.  Steel was used instead of lead because it is a lot cheaper, but the steel core isn't sharpened or hardened, so its hard-target penetration ability wasn't significantly enhanced vs. a lead core.

-Troy

Troy is correct.

Chinese steel core ammo.
Link Posted: 10/9/2007 8:00:15 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
All rifle ammo is 'armor-piercing' when it comes to body armor in use by law enforcement.

And that is the BS and the use of "Fear Words" to scare mindless idiots into voting our rights into oblivion.
Link Posted: 10/9/2007 8:04:47 PM EDT
[#6]
Interesting to know they were actually using a steel cored ammo.  After hearing all the AP BS on the documentaries I have seen, I figured they just had some Wolf or something, which could be spun to sound like they specifically had it imported from Russia.  It was driving me nuts everytime I heard about it being armor piercing, and how it just went right through the officers vests, and the cars.  WELL DUH!!  Rifle rounds do that
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top