Link Posted: 10/19/2017 5:33:00 PM EDT
[#1]
@DeathHates

Link Posted: 10/19/2017 5:34:54 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I been keeping track with this thread. 

Nice gun.  Can’t wait to see some groups. 
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Holy fuck. Ozzy, pm me your address too please. I mean wow.  Might take me a bit but you’re getting something awesome when I’m able. @ozzymandiaz

Seems like my buddy’s shop waking me up was a good thing. (I’m down with a migraine today so I’m resting before physical therapy) Ozzy went all in and just wow. And the arfcom rifle has started curing so it’ll be ready when I get back.  Not bad of a deal  for trading a photo of the shop owner welding. 

@fish223 @lug1

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/207715/A0B28FD0-E0BB-4BBF-B889-4D4BF1C258EF-337972.JPG

Me too.  Plus I want to see and photograph what fireballs that Rainier XTC puts out at night.   Once I'm back and settled from my trip, I'll be hitting the range if weather is good.  Seriously, thank you for the barrel.   I've got 60rds of 55gr Wolf Gold right now, but will see about snagging some MK262 off a local buddy after I get a rough zero.  Might not be perfect with it, but we'll see some groups with good stuff.
Link Posted: 10/19/2017 5:35:09 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
Honestly, I know I'm going to get crap for saying this, but too damn bad.    You guys have been beyond awesome, seriously.  I know you've told me to relax and enjoy the ride (giggity) but I'm adding some stuff to the pot.  Don't worry, it's not anything that has cost me any money (at the moment) and will be relatively inexpensive to ship.  It'll be after my physical therapy appointment in 45 before I can figure out exactly what, but the challenge coin and patches box is certainly getting hit.

The big one that I expect resistance on is this though.  Should we hit $9,000 I'll be adding my current camera to a giveaway for those that are interested in photography.  Simply because prior to the GFM, I'd been clearing out a lot of misc stuff around the house (my folks haven't had a garage sale in the ~28 years they've been in the house) so I'd been saving the pennies from selling the stuff they wanted gone.  So after bills I was decently towards my 'dream' camera upgrade.  $9000 would let me get that and still have everything paid and not worry about potentially screwing myself on bills.  Plus if I sent it to KEH Camera, I'd get $650 for it, so someone is getting an awesome camera and I get a deal.

It won't have a lens, but it will be a 98% condition Nikon D7200 with (after my trip to Seattle next week) probably ~37,000 shutter actuations (150k is average before they start to need replacement) with a Nikon MB-D15 grip, SD cards, etc.  Basically all ready to go, minus a lens that I'll happily help someone pick out for whatever they are interested in photographing.  As a heads up, a lot of lenses are spendy though.

Yeah, I expect a 'dude wtf' email from Whiskers since he told me no before.   Seriously though, if I can upgrade it'll sit in a box.  I'd rather have someone who has been beyond generous and has an interest in photography using it.
View Quote
Everyone is going to tell you to get take the $650.
Link Posted: 10/19/2017 5:35:27 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
@DeathHates

View Quote
Link Posted: 10/19/2017 5:38:43 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

View Quote
Do what your heart wants.

@Sputnik556

But, NP, you do have a long road. You need to think of that. $650 could come in handy.
Link Posted: 10/19/2017 5:39:16 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Honestly, I know I'm going to get crap for saying this, but too damn bad.    You guys have been beyond awesome, seriously.  I know you've told me to relax and enjoy the ride (giggity) but I'm adding some stuff to the pot.  Don't worry, it's not anything that has cost me any money (at the moment) and will be relatively inexpensive to ship.  It'll be after my physical therapy appointment in 45 before I can figure out exactly what, but the challenge coin and patches box is certainly getting hit.

The big one that I expect resistance on is this though.  Should we hit $9,000 I'll be adding my current camera to a giveaway for those that are interested in photography.  Simply because prior to the GFM, I'd been clearing out a lot of misc stuff around the house (my folks haven't had a garage sale in the ~28 years they've been in the house) so I'd been saving the pennies from selling the stuff they wanted gone.  So after bills I was decently towards my 'dream' camera upgrade.  $9000 would let me get that and still have everything paid and not worry about potentially screwing myself on bills.  Plus if I sent it to KEH Camera, I'd get $650 for it, so someone is getting an awesome camera and I get a deal.

It won't have a lens, but it will be a 98% condition Nikon D7200 with (after my trip to Seattle next week) probably ~37,000 shutter actuations (150k is average before they start to need replacement) with a Nikon MB-D15 grip, SD cards, etc.  Basically all ready to go, minus a lens that I'll happily help someone pick out for whatever they are interested in photographing.  As a heads up, a lot of lenses are spendy though.

Yeah, I expect a 'dude wtf' email from Whiskers since he told me no before.   Seriously though, if I can upgrade it'll sit in a box.  I'd rather have someone who has been beyond generous and has an interest in photography using it.
Yeah, I know but this way I'd still get the $650 and someone gets a massive thank you from me.  IF there's no interest or everyone tells me to shut up, I will go that way though.  But the offer is still on the table, it's the least I can do.
Link Posted: 10/19/2017 5:41:07 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

View Quote

Link Posted: 10/19/2017 5:41:26 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

@Sputnik556

But, NP, you do have a long road. You need to think of that. $650 could come in handy.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

@Sputnik556

I know, it's basically 2 month of my bills currently.  Personally I'm hopeful for the disability hearing in December but with the judge's 20% approval rate, the odds aren't in my favor.  So that leaves reapplying for a 3rd time, or saying fuck it and trying to go back to work in the spring.  Either way, if I get approved or denied I can at least start setting up a site to sell prints and hire out photo work as my health allows.  Not allowed to do crap until the hearing 3 days before Christmas.
Link Posted: 10/19/2017 5:42:26 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

Yeah, I know but this way I'd still get the $650 and someone gets a massive thank you from me.  IF there's no interest or everyone tells me to shut up, I will go that way though.  But the offer is still on the table, it's the least I can do.
View Quote
I'm refusing to run the number generator in that prize.

Not happening. Have a backup or something.
Link Posted: 10/19/2017 5:42:44 PM EDT
[#10]
just thought @RobertL deserved a mention. 3 donations totaling 500.00   I didn't read the whole thread so if it has been mentioned, sorry.

some really generous people on this forum.
Link Posted: 10/19/2017 5:43:17 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

View Quote
Honestly, I expect most folks to pass on it, but I have to do something Whiskers.  Especially since I know what you have in store.  So it'll likely just end up being little stuff from me getting added to the OP.  Nothing big or expensive, but stuff folks here would find neat and that I honestly just have in a box.

Edit: I just saw your post.  I won't argue with you on it.  Seriously, thank you for everything Whiskers.  I just edited the post, but I've got to run to my appt.  Back in ~2 hours.
Link Posted: 10/19/2017 5:45:08 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

@Sputnik556
View Quote
Link Posted: 10/19/2017 5:45:39 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
just thought @RobertL deserved a mention. 3 donations totaling 500.00   I didn't read the whole thread so if it has been mentioned, sorry.

View Quote
Good man.
Link Posted: 10/19/2017 5:45:42 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

View Quote
RobertL was huge, Fish223 jumpstarted the finish with his match, Ozymandiaz went nuts.

Yeah, there are some VERY generous people here.

Who wouldn't want to see you give up your camera....NORTH POLAR!
Link Posted: 10/19/2017 5:47:45 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
Good man.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Good man.
Whoa, I didn't see that.  I owe so many beers now.  At least my liver is 2x the size of normal so it'll adjust.   I finally have a superpower.
Link Posted: 10/19/2017 5:47:49 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

<Edited out the rest due to... displeasure from places>
View Quote
That is a bit of WTF. You should keep your gear. I think anyone here would be happier with a print anyway. 
Link Posted: 10/19/2017 5:49:36 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
That is a bit of WTF. You should keep your gear. I think anyone here would be happier with a print anyway. 
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I've said it a few times, I don't do well with this kind of thing.  Whiskers has had a lot of practice over the last few days telling me to shut up and go to my corner.  Don't get me wrong, I appreciate it beyond what I can say, it's just not something I've had experience with in life up until the last year or two, so I don't know how to process it.
Link Posted: 10/19/2017 5:50:10 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
View Quote
Link Posted: 10/19/2017 5:50:26 PM EDT
[#19]
Link Posted: 10/19/2017 5:50:38 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
Me too.  Plus I want to see and photograph what fireballs that Rainier XTC puts out at night.   Once I'm back and settled from my trip, I'll be hitting the range if weather is good.  Seriously, thank you for the barrel.   I've got 60rds of 55gr Wolf Gold right now, but will see about snagging some MK262 off a local buddy after I get a rough zero.  Might not be perfect with it, but we'll see some groups with good stuff.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Holy fuck. Ozzy, pm me your address too please. I mean wow.  Might take me a bit but you’re getting something awesome when I’m able. @ozzymandiaz

Seems like my buddy’s shop waking me up was a good thing. (I’m down with a migraine today so I’m resting before physical therapy) Ozzy went all in and just wow. And the arfcom rifle has started curing so it’ll be ready when I get back.  Not bad of a deal  for trading a photo of the shop owner welding. 

@fish223 @lug1

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/207715/A0B28FD0-E0BB-4BBF-B889-4D4BF1C258EF-337972.JPG

Well Piss, neither Target sports USA nor SGAmmo ship to Alaska.....
Link Posted: 10/19/2017 5:51:10 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I know I would, I suck at photography and I can't get that type of scenery here anyway.
Link Posted: 10/19/2017 5:52:17 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

@fish223 @lug1

Nobody does, the shipping regs are retarded to say the least.  It's available and honestly at the rate this is going I can likely spare to grab a can of M193 or something.  Hell, there's a local guy selling a mix of 193, TAP, and 855 (1000rds) for $300.  Might have to offer $250 and see if he bites.
Link Posted: 10/19/2017 5:52:29 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
Honestly, I expect most folks to pass on it, but I have to do something Whiskers.  Especially since I know what you have in store.  So it'll likely just end up being little stuff from me getting added to the OP.  Nothing big or expensive, but stuff folks here would find neat and that I honestly just have in a box.

Edit: I just saw your post.  I won't argue with you on it.  Seriously, thank you for everything Whiskers.  I just edited the post, but I've got to run to my appt.  Back in ~2 hours.
View Quote
Link Posted: 10/19/2017 5:53:28 PM EDT
[#24]
Link Posted: 10/19/2017 5:54:39 PM EDT
[#25]
How's this, pending approval then.  At $9000 I could add a few prints if Whiskers is okay with it, aluminum or the art paper so long as they are small enough to fit in any flat rate, they'll be easy to ship.  Or should I seriously just go back to my corner and watch? 

Seriously though, I gotta roll.  Just looked at the clock.
Link Posted: 10/19/2017 5:54:48 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
Nobody does, the shipping regs are retarded to say the least.  It's available and honestly at the rate this is going I can likely spare to grab a can of M193 or something.  Hell, there's a local guy selling a mix of 193, TAP, and 855 (1000rds) for $300.  Might have to offer $250 and see if he bites.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

@fish223 @lug1

I was going to send you some 69gr Federal Gold Medal Match.  But nobody will ship it....
Link Posted: 10/19/2017 5:56:08 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
I was going to send you some 69gr Federal Gold Medal Match.  But nobody will ship it....
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

@fish223 @lug1

Everything has to be flown up in luggage (Alaska Airlines lets you take 50# of ammo as a checked bag) or put through a freight forwarder which makes it expensive as hell.  It's rare to see 5.56 under .40 a pop up here.  Even Wolf steel case is $7-8 a box of 20.

Back in an hour and a half.
Link Posted: 10/19/2017 5:57:07 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
How's this, pending approval then.  At $9000 I could add a few prints if Whiskers is okay with it, aluminum or the art paper so long as they are small enough to fit in any flat rate, they'll be easy to ship.  Or should I seriously just go back to my corner and watch? 

View Quote
Personally I'd love one of your northern lights pics on an aluminum print! Not sure how that would ship though... 

Have you ever considered selling them? 

ETA: There are online printing services that you could ship do the recipient saving a lot on shipping. The only downside is you couldn't see it first. 
Link Posted: 10/19/2017 6:05:24 PM EDT
[#29]
18!!!!!

Oh..
Link Posted: 10/19/2017 6:07:32 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
Personally I'd love one of your northern lights pics on an aluminum print! Not sure how that would ship though... 

ETA: There are online printing services that you could ship do the recipient saving a lot on shipping. The only downside is you couldn't see it first. 
View Quote
Truck is warming up so I have a minute. So long as they are 12x18 or smaller they’ll fit in a flat rate box. IMO I love the aluminum prints. 

I have have thought about it, but I can’t openly do anything until the disability hearing results come in.  Even if it’s jusy $20-30 profit here and there, they’d consider it being self employed and deny the claim. I’d rather be 100% again but until then I’ll need the help. 

There are places online that do it, but I haven’t seen their output in person and can’t sign the prints. Once I’m set up for it, I’m hoping to add a business card and sticker about when/where the photos were taken on the back of the prints. 
Link Posted: 10/19/2017 6:11:36 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

View Quote
Couple prints don't hurt, and I get your desire to say thank you. (COMPLETELY unnecessary, but I get it. )

The camera thing would be like AKSnowRider giving away his 300RUM, Chase45 giving away his RPD, GreenBastard giving away his SA Custom 10mm, etc

It just can't be allowed. That's a part of you, and a part of your site identity.
Link Posted: 10/19/2017 6:11:44 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
View Quote
Thats what i was thinking, anyone check PSA?
Link Posted: 10/19/2017 6:13:30 PM EDT
[#33]
@WhiskersTheCat  I’d like to add to the raffle prizes. Three sets of 5 Pmags each with a Dillo. Let me know if you want me to send them to you or I can mail them direct to the winners if you forward their addresses to me.

@NorthPolar   Keep your camera or trade it in, brother.  We just want to see you posting those beautiful pictures.
Link Posted: 10/19/2017 6:16:30 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
@WhiskersTheCat  I’d like to add to the raffle prizes. Three sets of 5 Pmags each with a Dillo. Let me know if you want me to send them to you or I can mail them direct to the winners if you forward their addresses to me.

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/67156/1173A9F4-1758-4320-854F-98014C227AB3-338121.jpg

@NorthPolar   Keep your camera or trade it in, brother.  We just want to see you posting those beautiful pictures.
View Quote

You have been VERY generous.

Thank you so much
Link Posted: 10/19/2017 6:22:08 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/67156/1173A9F4-1758-4320-854F-98014C227AB3-338121.jpg

View Quote
I do need more mags.

You're awesome RobertL!
Link Posted: 10/19/2017 6:23:54 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

View Quote
Keep the camera it because it brings you joy.
Link Posted: 10/19/2017 6:26:26 PM EDT
[#37]
Link Posted: 10/19/2017 6:32:18 PM EDT
[#38]
jumped in, wish I could do more
Link Posted: 10/19/2017 6:35:56 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
jumped in, wish I could do more
View Quote
Any amount helps. Honestly.

Thanks for donating!

Link Posted: 10/19/2017 6:36:24 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

View Quote
OP updated.

Thanks again!
Link Posted: 10/19/2017 6:46:27 PM EDT
[#41]
I sent you a IM whiskers........why..because sometimes my brain farts badly...
Link Posted: 10/19/2017 6:47:22 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

View Quote
Hey @WhiskersTheCat  add a set of index clips for each of these as well
Link Posted: 10/19/2017 6:52:44 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
Well, that certainly picked up quickly

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/59378/gfm1_JPG-337880.jpg
View Quote
{beer} you are the man Fish....
Link Posted: 10/19/2017 6:54:34 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
I sent you a IM whiskers........why..because sometimes my brain farts badly...
View Quote
You're good to go 300RUM...I mean AKSnowRider.

Link Posted: 10/19/2017 6:55:40 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
Damn it Sam, now I have to start shopping for a Razor HD. I told you not to push me.

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/256712/b1863ec001f174e2d9a3cc0ad89aad0cbf78ddd297256b891bd8ff4662f3f044-337931.JPG
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
LUNCH SPECIAL

For the next 2 hours, from Noon EST until 2PM EST I will match, dollar for dollar, any donations made, up to $500.

Anything after Hitman9921 until 2PM

GO!
Send me your address. You deserve a Vortex swag box! 
Damn it Sam, now I have to start shopping for a Razor HD. I told you not to push me.

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/256712/b1863ec001f174e2d9a3cc0ad89aad0cbf78ddd297256b891bd8ff4662f3f044-337931.JPG
I want one as well, but I am a super poor broke bastard so have to wait to find a huge sale or a cheap used one..been lusting after the 5-27 razor hd gen 2 for my 300 rum....
Link Posted: 10/19/2017 6:56:24 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:

Hey @WhiskersTheCat  add a set of index clips for each of these as well
View Quote
I had to delete a billion IMs, so I lost your PM.

Can you send me a new one with all the items you're providing index clips for please?

Sorry, but I've been inundated with PMs.
Link Posted: 10/19/2017 6:57:23 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:

View Quote
ArmyInfantryman man cave thread
Link Posted: 10/19/2017 6:57:35 PM EDT
[#48]
@WhiskersTheCat

Should probably get this out of the way now. Please exclude me from any drawings for magazines or the tracer rounds. I live in Cali. Won't be able to accept them.   
Link Posted: 10/19/2017 6:57:56 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:

I want one as well, but I am a super poor broke bastard so have to wait to find a huge sale or a cheap used one..been lusting after the 5-27 razor hd gen 2 for my 300 rum....
View Quote
Being poor sucks, but helping here has enriched me incredibly.
Link Posted: 10/19/2017 7:01:31 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:

View Quote
Lol, 1 minute later you drop 300RUM. Look one post above this quoted post of yours.

You are officially the ARFCOM Ambassador to 300RUM
Page / 90
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top