Link Posted: 1/30/2011 3:34:00 AM EDT
[#1]
Not entirely sure what was funny.
Link Posted: 1/30/2011 4:03:05 AM EDT
[#2]
They can't all be winners.  Oh well.
Link Posted: 1/30/2011 4:08:29 AM EDT
[#3]
I don't think it was meant to be funny at all.   The onion is after all satire.
I think it speaks more to the lack of respect given the WW2 generation for what they went through.  If it was a typical Onion gag, they would have made fun of the WW2 vet more, not mention what did in combat.  
Link Posted: 1/30/2011 4:11:55 AM EDT
[#4]
I think it speaks more to the lack of respect given the WW2 generation for what they went through.  

This

Link Posted: 1/30/2011 4:25:20 AM EDT
[#5]
Somebody posted a rant on here one time about some old woman in a checkout line or something similar. Another poster said to remember it was somebody's Mom or Grandma.

It has permanently changed the way I look at things like this. I know it's an Onion article but it reminds me of that post.
Link Posted: 1/30/2011 5:19:01 AM EDT
[#6]

Wasn't especially funny, but did point out the absolute pettiness of those assholes who think they own the road, forgetting that the road is paved with the blood of men who sacrificed their lives for the freedom to drive on it.

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top