Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Posted: 9/1/2004 9:43:03 PM EST
[Last Edit: 9/1/2004 9:45:14 PM EST by Voldermortist]
why?
Link Posted: 9/1/2004 9:54:01 PM EST
Link Posted: 9/1/2004 10:03:39 PM EST
Well I'll be damned, I just bought norinco 30rd ak mags for $6 a piece niw.
Link Posted: 9/1/2004 10:16:38 PM EST
they just cant bring it in anymore but anything already in country is legal essentaly preban.
Link Posted: 9/1/2004 10:17:48 PM EST
I dun care. I dont buy chinese crap anyhow out of politics. I try to buy as little chinese stuff as possible. I don't want to openly donate to their bullshit cause.
Link Posted: 9/1/2004 10:44:51 PM EST
Buy from Norinco and help support China’s Army. I’ve known that fact for years. There is no way I’d knowingly buy something from Norinco.
Link Posted: 9/2/2004 5:11:06 AM EST
You guys talk so tough and still shop at Walmart?
Link Posted: 9/2/2004 5:23:38 AM EST
I don't shop at walmart, and I figure if I want a piece of shit Norinco weapon, in 10 to 15 years there will be a glut of them on the free market.
Link Posted: 9/2/2004 5:26:18 AM EST
Today's NewsMax edition, but the Norinco article is dated May 2003. A bit dated, isn't it?
Link Posted: 9/2/2004 5:28:53 AM EST

Originally Posted By hielo:
I don't shop at walmart, and I figure if I want a piece of shit Norinco weapon, in 10 to 15 years there will be a glut of them on the free market.

HEY! I've got 2 Norinco SKS's! They'll take way more abuse than any other weapon I have ever seen.
Link Posted: 9/2/2004 5:38:37 AM EST

Originally Posted By GiggleSmith:
Buy from Norinco and help support China’s Army. I’ve known that fact for years. There is no way I’d knowingly buy something from Norinco.

agreed! sometimes i think some of you guys would buy al quaida made guns if they were "cheap and reliable".....
Link Posted: 9/2/2004 5:39:02 AM EST
Link Posted: 9/2/2004 5:40:33 AM EST
Link Posted: 9/2/2004 5:47:17 AM EST
I've had several norinco products over the years. Sorry I was supporting the commies, but damn they make good shit!
Link Posted: 9/2/2004 6:44:05 AM EST

I don't shop at walmart...

Hell, dude, you are rich. At least that's what you tell us. You don't have to shop at Wally's like the regular people.
Link Posted: 9/2/2004 6:46:55 AM EST
[Last Edit: 9/2/2004 6:47:14 AM EST by Dog1]

Originally Posted By Paul:

Originally Posted By hound:
You guys talk so tough and still shop at Walmart?

Yeah I shop at Walmart and buy American - if there's an American company even making the product I'm shopping for. Amercan's can't be competitive and still keep making shit that doesn't have a dime's worth of profit in it. It's a waste of productivity and despite the best efforts of some groups the American worker is still the most productive one on the planet. If there were a dime's profit making rubber dog shit there would be a proud American making rubber dog shit by the metric ton, but their ain't so there ain't. There is profit in flying the rubber dog shit out of Hong Kong where it can be made by workers who are only productive enough to make shit.

So there are American's that give the Chinese a nickle's worth of profit for his worker making $0.25 an hour, and he flies the rubber dog shit out of Hong Kong and into the United States. There a guy making $30 an hour unloads the aircraft and gives it to the inventory guy making $25 an hour who passes the shit to a trucker making $35 an hour to take it to the Walmart where the shelf stocker making $10 an hour hangs it in the rubber dog shit novelty area. Some television engineer making $60 an hour comes along and buys it for his little girl who's allowance is more than the Chinese workers take home pay is. $3.90 of the $3.95 price of the shit stays in America paying the forklift driver, his boss, the guy who fixes the forklift, the truck driver, his boss, the mechanic .... that Chinese shit maker is putting food on lots of American tables.

If any one of the American workers were to quit there job to work in a rubber dog shit factory the factory would have to be nearly 100 times more efficent to compete with the Chinese dog shit. Can't happen - there's not the ability to be 100 times more efficient. Ten time more efficent but then the dog shit would cost $4.50 and we'd only end up keeping another $0.05 in America while cutting out all the jobs for those Americans moving the shit.

So if I'm at Walmart and see American made shit next to Chinese made shit I will in fact spend the extra $0.55 to buy the American made shit, especially if it's better made as I like good shit. But if I buy a shirt that was made in Columbia, Thialand, or Ireland do I feel guilty ... not really as I know most of the profit is staying right here.

Does that make me a bad American?

+1...I could not have said it better....just remember...not every part in your "US MADE" vehicles are made here....Gonna give them up?
Link Posted: 9/2/2004 6:53:27 AM EST

Originally Posted By Voldermortist:
I dun care. I dont buy chinese crap anyhow out of politics. I try to buy as little chinese stuff as possible. I don't want to openly donate to their bullshit cause.

"I'm with stupid"

I do not willingly support Communist or communism AT ALL. I found a nice scope for an old .22 yesterday at Bass Pro...saw that it was made in China and put it back.

China is not our friend.
Link Posted: 9/2/2004 7:00:26 AM EST
I get so tired of this argument so let's just cut to the important part. No matter how much shit you buy from the chinese, the US government is still doing more to keep that country going than anything a bunch of consumers could ever do. Anytime the US wants, they could pull the plug on the food shipments and china would be fucked. It is like the argument about druggies supporting terrorism, when 99% of the heroin in the world is coming out of afghanistan, a country that our government is fully funding.
Link Posted: 9/2/2004 7:00:33 AM EST
I have a NORINCO Ak and a SKS, They are both built really well.

On the other side of the coin, I work in a Factory in the US, I know how important it is to buy American, and 9 times out of 10 I will only buy American.

But I will be honest with you on this, some of the US made American rifles that I have owned (not naming names but they are listed in the Industry section) could not hold a candle to the two NORINCO's that I own
Link Posted: 9/2/2004 7:39:43 AM EST
I love my Norinco 1911 and my M1A!!!!!

I don't mind spending money in other countries if I am getting good value. Japanese automotive competition has only made American companies more competitive.
Top Top