Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
Member Login

Site Notices
Posted: 5/31/2008 9:41:30 AM EDT
I just bought the PS3 mainly for Blu-ray movies, I bought 2 games for fun, Grand Turismo 5 and Grand Theft Auto IV.
I tried Grand Turismo and I got a headache, could not even finish a lap, (boring...) I don't know how can anyone play these things, I am from the Pacman - Space Invaders generation, maybe that has something to do with it,
Grand theft... I have not even open it yet.

Maybe I am not cut out for these games, Do you know of any "easy" games to play? that you can recommend?

Also, was I wrong assuming that you can control things by just moving the controller? I remember seeing or reading about it. Something like if you want to go left all you had to do was tilt the controller to the left.

Anyway, what is a 53 year old man doing playing games...  I have to go take something for my headache.
Link Posted: 5/31/2008 10:37:07 AM EDT
Play Call of Duty 4.  You run around and shoot terrorists.  It is pretty simple.
Link Posted: 5/31/2008 7:46:35 PM EDT

Quoted:
Play Call of Duty 4.  You run around and shoot terrorists.  It is pretty simple.

I had that game in my hands, I should have bought it.
Link Posted: 5/31/2008 7:50:24 PM EDT
which model did you get?
Link Posted: 5/31/2008 7:59:53 PM EDT
You can download old arcade style games in the PS Store - like Mortal Kombat.

You might want to buy some platformers - maybe Ratchet and Clank or Uncharted - they're pretty simple to get into.
Link Posted: 5/31/2008 8:01:48 PM EDT
You might want to give Uncharted: Drake's Fortune a try. Adventure game in the vein of Indiana Jones, and a lot of older folks I know have enjoyed it tremendously. Also, as others poster mentioned, Call of Duty 4. And Rainbow Six: Vegas and Rainbow Six: Vegas 2 are a great games if you'd like to play a shooter, but have it be more tactics based than twitch-shooting based. Same goes for Ghost Recon Advanced Warfighter 2. Whereas R6 is mostly indoors, GRAW 2 is mostly outdoors.
Link Posted: 6/1/2008 7:31:20 PM EDT

Quoted:
which model did you get?

I bought the PS3 mainly to watch Blu-Ray movies.

Thanks for the games suggestions.
Link Posted: 6/3/2008 12:38:09 PM EDT
Its not Pacman or SpaceInvaders, but I got Pixeljunk's Monsters from the PS3 store that is a fun little game.  It doesn't have incredible graphics or sound, its just fun to play.  They have a free demo and you can buy the full game there as well.

I liked Call of Duty a lot better than GTA4.  With Gran Tourismo there is a method to the madness.  If you want to have any control over the better cars, you have to start w/ baby steps and the game does that for you.

Check the tacked thread for Arfcommers w/ PSNetwork tags and send out some invites.
Top Top