Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 5/28/2008 4:21:16 PM EDT
Anyone use this? If so is it worth adding to my wedding photography arsenal?

Link Posted: 5/28/2008 5:30:26 PM EDT
[#1]
I used it but think Noiseware from Imagenomic does a better job. Of course, Ninja is hooked into Bibble so if I'm using Bibble I sometimes still use it.
Link Posted: 5/28/2008 6:53:15 PM EDT
[#2]
I've been happy with Neat Image.
Link Posted: 5/28/2008 7:01:51 PM EDT
[#3]
I've been using it for several months now.  It's a good tool in the toolbox, I haven't used the other plugins that were mentioned though.
Link Posted: 5/28/2008 8:33:27 PM EDT
[#4]
I have Noiseware, (I just bought it Saturday for some high ISO indoor Volleyball shots). It is AWESOME!
Link Posted: 6/1/2008 12:07:05 PM EDT
[#5]
After looking at noiseware vs ninja i went with the noiseware and it works very well for what i need it for.  Batch processing looks to be like it might take awhile to figure out though.
Link Posted: 6/3/2008 12:46:26 PM EDT
[#6]
If you are using Photoshop (I'm using CS3) you can write an action to include the noiseware. It's pretty slick!
Link Posted: 6/3/2008 1:37:38 PM EDT
[#7]
Or you can use the actions that comes with it.
Link Posted: 6/3/2008 3:49:28 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
Or you can use the actions that comes with it.

lol
Link Posted: 6/6/2008 5:53:01 AM EDT
[#9]
I have noise ninja, but it seems to soften things up too much, the skin looks a bit plastic. I have had more success with the built in filter "despeckle".

Maybe I'm using NN wrong? I even created custom profiles for my camera, didn't help much, the skin looked better but it didnt remove much noise.
Link Posted: 6/6/2008 6:10:05 AM EDT
[#10]
Are you controlling the strength? What about using the NN brush? Or doing NN to a duped layer and adjusting opacity? Or for finer control adding a mask and painting the effect back in using a reduced opacity, soft brush? Lots of ways to skin the cat.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top