Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
Member Login

Posted: 12/22/2003 8:44:40 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 12/22/2003 8:47:00 AM EDT by CRC]
I was studying HR 2038- the draconian renewal ban.

Anyway it adds subsection (Z) to title 18 US Code section 922:

SEC. 7. STRENGTHENING THE BAN ON THE POSSESSION OR TRANSFER OF A LARGE CAPACITY AMMUNITION FEEDING DEVICE.

(a) BAN ON TRANSFER OF SEMIAUTOMATIC ASSAULT WEAPON WITH LARGE CAPACITY AMMUNITION FEEDING DEVICE-

(1) IN GENERAL- Section 922 of title 18, United States Code, is amended by inserting after subsection (y) the following:

`(Z) It shall be unlawful for any person to transfer any assault weapon with a large capacity ammunition feeding device.'.

(2) PENALTIES- Section 924(a) of such title is amended by adding at the end the following:

`(8) Whoever knowingly violates section 922(z) shall be fined under this title, imprisoned not more than 10 years, or both.'.

There are no exemptions for this.

So for instance if a LE Agency bought 4 semi-automatic M4 Carbines Bushmaster, Colt or whoever COULD NOT ship magazines over 10 rounds with the guns.

THAT WOULD BE ILLEGAL.

Right now Bushy ships a 30 round mag with it's LE only AR-15s. Colt ships two 20 rounders.

So it would force the LE Agency to buy the high cap mags later the way I read it.

Another nail in HR 2O38's coffin.......

CRC
Link Posted: 12/22/2003 8:59:08 AM EDT
if it is the way you say it is..

then its not that way because they want no one to buy new highcaps as part of a new rifle order...

its there so that they can "cave" on this latter and say: " we compermised  with the gun com.. "

fu¢king bastards..

Link Posted: 12/22/2003 9:03:46 AM EDT
Originally Posted By cluster:
if it is the way you say it is..

then its not that way because they want no one to buy new highcaps as part of a new rifle order...

its there so that they can "cave" on this latter and say: " we compermised  with the gun com.. "

fu¢king bastards..

View Quote

No it's so they can cave later to LEO Brass, "well since you guys were so willing to push this ban for us, we'll let you guys off the hook and get the eveil hi-caps with your guns"

Thats what that shit is for. If it's good enough for me to defend my life with according to the politicians, than it should be good enough for the LEOs too. It sucks but really thats how it should be.
Link Posted: 12/22/2003 9:11:08 AM EDT
and why should LE be exempt? If it affects us it should affect them as well.

The whole thing needs to go.
Top Top