Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 10/26/2010 11:22:03 AM EDT
My company used to pay me $80/month to NOT take their health insurance offer (I have medical already), which was a good deal for both of us: I get a little cash, they save on the cost of insuring me (considerably more than $80/month, I'm told).

I was just gleefully told by management that the new Health Care Program makes it illegal for "companies to offer cash incentives to employees to not accept healthcare."

Might not be a lot for some of you folks, but I'm going to miss that money.  That's an AR.

Son of a bitch.

I'm still working...I should be grateful.
Link Posted: 10/26/2010 11:24:39 AM EDT
[#1]
obunghole care wins again.
Link Posted: 10/26/2010 1:20:59 PM EDT
[#2]
Two years ago my employer told us the same thing. Only I was giving up $650 a month that we got for the opt-out.
They said it was the insurance carrier.
I'm still pissed.
Link Posted: 10/26/2010 1:30:22 PM EDT
[#3]
Show me a cite for that.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top