Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/11/2001 9:20:29 AM EDT
Is it just my area, or are guns shows beginning to suck?  Went to the Pensacola show this morning.  I swear, the selection gets smaller and smaller while the prices get larger and larger.  One guy is selling Triple K and used Orlites for $25 each.  Used GI mags (and I mean USED) $20.  

I did buy several pounds of powder at a reasonable price.  

Eddie
Link Posted: 8/11/2001 10:31:36 AM EDT
[#1]
No,the gun shows are getting worse and worse. They are practly non existant in my neck of the woods. Down state NY. Outsid the city limits. I went to one show last week and it was very small. It was more like a club getting together. They had more junk then guns. One guy has ar mags usgi and very worn. I think they were 20 or 30 rounders and he wanted 35 bucks each. No one looks at them they just sit there. I don't understand it myself.

You have to go with the attitude to sift through things. Like looking for a needle in a hay stack. Out of 100 items you might find 1 or 2 things.
Link Posted: 8/11/2001 11:23:12 AM EDT
[#2]
I completely agree with both of you guys.

Politicians will not have to ban gun shows.  They will go away all by themselves.
Link Posted: 8/11/2001 11:54:57 AM EDT
[#3]
Hey... there will always be the blowguns and the
beef jerky to look forward to. :)
Besides, they're hunting and outdoor shows now,
I haven't seen a sign around here that says "Gunshow" in quite some time.
Link Posted: 8/11/2001 12:29:13 PM EDT
[#4]
Come to PA.

Big shows at Greensburg (west) every other month. Probably 800-1000 tables.

Two or three NFA dealers. Ohio Ordnance has table with their semi-auto BAR's, 1919's, and Maxims. Plenty of MG's, 50's, ...

Harrisburg (Farm Show Complex) big ones about three times a year (1500-2000) tables. Six-eight NFA dealers.

One at end of this month is allowing NO junk (beanie bables, jerkie, ...), just guns and militeria.
Link Posted: 8/11/2001 12:31:45 PM EDT
[#5]
Big gun shows here in my town every couple months.  If anything, they seem to be drawing more and more people.
Link Posted: 8/11/2001 1:37:15 PM EDT
[#6]
I am going to the fun show next saturday and as usual I will stop by the kettle corn stand if anyone has a problem with that.
Link Posted: 8/11/2001 2:31:44 PM EDT
[#7]
Yup the gun shows here in so cal are more like antique shows or home shows.NO hi caps,aws,or any more goodies.
Link Posted: 8/11/2001 2:38:03 PM EDT
[#8]
Oh ya, they suck. The only action around here is in the crowd.

It's funny, the majority of the dealers are not only WAY overpriced, but rude as well. And then they whine and complain about how business sucks. What a crock of shit.

It makes you wonder why these guys even got into the business. I don't mind paying more than dealer price, but I don't want to feel like I'm getting ripped off either. And I definetely don't need the attitude.
Link Posted: 8/11/2001 4:08:56 PM EDT
[#9]
I just got back from the show at the Metrolina in NC!!!
Lots of Non Gun stuff..Typical...
I've be looking for a pre-ban and I found 2 SP1s at $2100 and a Pre ban 9MM Colt for $2200...They all seemed kind of high to me?  
Link Posted: 8/11/2001 4:47:50 PM EDT
[#10]
Can you post the info on the harrisburg farm show complex gun show. I saw it in the rifleman that it was the 25 and 26 of aug.

Post the info please.
Link Posted: 8/11/2001 5:14:59 PM EDT
[#11]
Come to FL. Every weekend during the winter, most weekends during the summer. Check Suncoast Gunshows on the web. Lots of AR stuff, USGI mags 2 for $30. We've got it all, good prices too. BP
Link Posted: 8/11/2001 5:23:25 PM EDT
[#12]
I'm in Maryland.  Should I say anything else?

Starting Jan. 1 (I believe), dealers need a special police permit to display handguns.
Link Posted: 8/11/2001 5:24:21 PM EDT
[#13]
Link Posted: 8/11/2001 5:56:27 PM EDT
[#14]
I might make the trip to the Big Reno next weekend. That is a decent show. Sadly, persons from the occupied territory are not allowed to buy anything cool in America.  I'm broke, so there is no temptation.

There weren't any guns at the last PRK gun show I went to.  There was plenty of beef jerky and do-dads, but no real guns. LS1Eddie, you may look back fondly one day at the time you had a chance to buy over priced beat up mags at an actual gun show.
Link Posted: 8/11/2001 7:00:56 PM EDT
[#15]
We have some pretty decent gun shows here in Houston, TX.  We have a 2000 table show here four times a year.  I was picking up new 30rd AR15 mags for $20/each, and saw more than a few people with them.  The prices have been getting a lot better since Y2K, but still a bit high on some of the more exotic stuff.

So, I guess it all depends on where you're located.

As the name says,
God Bless Texas.
Link Posted: 8/11/2001 7:43:22 PM EDT
[#16]
In the last two years, I have attended Gun Shows in Dallas, TX; Mesquite, TX; Las Vegas, NV; and living in UT, I go the to Salt Lake City gun show at least twice a year.  I have enjoyed all of them and usually found for the most part, what I was looking for at a reasonable price.  

No, I do not always find what I want, and not always a good price, but I always enjoy myself and the people there.  I might add, that I always learn something new at each show.  I am looking forward to the Sep show, again.

I have to say, that I have not found the shows as dissapointing as many on these threads have in their areas.  I am sorry for your experiences, but I hope that the shows continue to be held.

[:)]  [:)]

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top