Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 12/20/2003 7:33:19 AM EDT
Leo6223 just emailed me this pic from the 3rd ID in iraq.
here was the email that came with it.

"This is from some of the 3rd ID guys we rolled into town with (funny, they went home and we're still here). Anyway, thought it was interesting because lots of people say there is no link to 9/11 whatsoever. well, I believe that will change in the future. Sorry it took so long for the pic....internet is never a constant thing over here. I can't wait to get back to the US were things work...at least most of the time anyway.  Thanks for hosting the pic.  Thanks for the kind words. I'm glad to hear lots of support from all the guys at ar15.com.  Take care.

Leo6223"

Keep up the good work LEO6223. You guys are greatly appreciated!!
Link Posted: 12/20/2003 7:52:44 AM EDT
[#1]
All that shows is what an asshole Saddam is.  Doesn't prove shit.
Link Posted: 12/20/2003 9:07:00 AM EDT
[#2]
I heard on CNN (Clinton News Network) that "sombody" found a memo describing how Mr Atta received "all the training he needed in Bagdad", several days later 9/11 happened.

Anybody else hear this?
Link Posted: 12/20/2003 10:14:47 AM EDT
[#3]
And there was an egyptian calender with two towers in flames on the Sept 2001 page.....

So Egypt ought to be on our list next.
Link Posted: 12/20/2003 10:21:57 AM EDT
[#4]
wouldn't hurt my feelings. Just add saudi to the list and we can have a trifecta [:D]

mike
Link Posted: 12/20/2003 10:22:16 AM EDT
[#5]
So if somebody dropped a nuke or Macca, NOBODY on this site might put a cool poster of that on their wall?

Like raven says, all it shows is what an asshole the guy was
Link Posted: 12/20/2003 10:41:31 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
So if somebody dropped a nuke or Macca, NOBODY on this site might put a cool poster of that on their wall?

View Quote

I think you are missing the point.  (my gawd, never thought I would say that to DK....)

IF a nuke happened to detonate near/at/on Mecca, do you REALLY think WE would publish posters???

I think that is the difference between "us" and "them".
Link Posted: 12/20/2003 10:44:11 AM EDT
[#7]
Looks like two differant posters to me or a photoshop.

Either way, another vote for proves nothing.
Link Posted: 12/20/2003 11:10:37 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Quoted:

View Quote

I think you are missing the point.  (my gawd, never thought I would say that to DK....)

IF a nuke happened to detonate near/at/on Mecca, do you REALLY think WE would publish posters???

I think that is the difference between "us" and "them".
View Quote

True...however, I do know a guy that will print it onto a T-shirt.

Sgtar15
Link Posted: 12/20/2003 11:39:09 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
I heard on CNN (Clinton News Network) that "sombody" found a memo describing how Mr Atta received "all the training he needed in Bagdad", several days later 9/11 happened.

Anybody else hear this?
View Quote

I have.  There is also a book about the 1st WTC bombing.  This book states there was Al queada/Saddam links back then.  Anyone known the name of the book?  I do not have this one.

Bilster
Link Posted: 12/20/2003 11:44:24 AM EDT
[#10]
Yes, he was there training at the airport for 2 weeks in july/01

this is in reply to CB1 about Atta

-HS
Link Posted: 12/20/2003 11:51:24 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

View Quote

huh?  i'm not sure what you mean there.
there have been several instances of direct connection between bin ladens bunch and saddam.

the CIA sent a multi page report (i think 15-16 pages) to the senate intelligence committee detailing the connections.

sooooo....i guess the poster proves they're amateur artists. [:D]

Link Posted: 12/20/2003 2:17:08 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Quoted:

View Quote

there have been several instances of direct connection between bin ladens bunch and saddam.

the CIA sent a multi page report (i think 15-16 pages) to the senate intelligence committee detailing the connections.
View Quote

That memo came from the Pentagon office of Douglas Feith, one of Wolfowitz's protoges and naturally a big supporter of the war in Iraq. The CIA has been very loathe to support the president's agenda in Iraq. It was leaked to Murdoch-owned neoconservative commentary magazine, The Weekly Standard which was also very pro-war. That's enough for me to be a little suspicious, and not to give it much weight.  If it's just a summary of primary intelligence sources, why can't we see those?

But who knows?  Maybe Saddam did have something to do with 9/11, but he was successful in hiding his role.  He was an unabashed supporter of Palestinian terrorism, and harbored Abu Nidal and the guy who planned and commanded the Achielle Lauro hijacking in the 1980's. Plus, the Middle East is simply a better place with him gone, and taking him out has struck the fear of god into other state sponsors of terrorism in the region.  All in all, a good thing we finally dealt with Saddam decisively.
Link Posted: 12/20/2003 3:41:36 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

View Quote

View Quote

That memo came from the Pentagon office of Douglas Feith, one of Wolfowitz's protoges and naturally a big supporter of the war in Iraq. The CIA has been very loathe to support the president's agenda in Iraq. It was leaked to Murdoch-owned neoconservative commentary magazine, The Weekly Standard which was also very pro-war. That's enough for me to be a little suspicious, and not to give it much weight.  If it's just a summary of primary intelligence sources, why can't we see those?

But who knows?  Maybe Saddam did have something to do with 9/11, but he was successful in hiding his role.  He was an unabashed supporter of Palestinian terrorism, and harbored Abu Nidal and the guy who planned and commanded the Achielle Lauro hijacking in the 1980's. Plus, the Middle East is simply a better place with him gone, and taking him out has struck the fear of god into other state sponsors of terrorism in the region.  All in all, a good thing we finally dealt with Saddam decisively.
View Quote

i'm suspcious - no, skeptical, thats a better word for it - of most anything that comes thru the press.  the memo was from feith, the undersecretary of defense to senators roberts and rockafeller.  everything is "leaked" these days it appears.  there apparently was a working relationship there from the early 1990s to just before the war.  there has been a relationship there all along i'd suspect, between bin laden, abu nidal, hamas, the PLO, etc.  if not direct, it is a group of related peers. we, the public, just don't get see intelligence reports - or shouldn't.  hell, with their track record, we need to be careful what the senate intelligence committee sees!    
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top