Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 8/15/2005 10:58:14 AM EDT
We live in a pretty rural area surrounded by more devloped towns in the suburbs of Chicago, thankfully NOT in Cook county.hts
Several years ago, in the fall, I was raking leaves, a big job herehed
Well and good, both parties happy.

The next year was pretty much the same. Except that the following day, he did not show up at nine AM as agreed, but at one PM, still under the influence of whatever.  I told him that I was unhappy with that, but he jumped in and worked even harder than the day before. OK.... I thought that this would need watching.

A few weeks later that fall, my doorbell rings at ten PM and it is him, on his bicycle,  obviously under the influence, asking for a loan. I got "needs" he says. I figure him
Fast forward to two weeks ago. The doorbell rings at eleven PM after we have gone to sleep. I grab the P10-45 from its ready spot and grab the Streamlight and answer the door. It is this guy! he I told him to go away and made no attempt to hide the fact that I was armed.

Last week we came outside in the morning to find that the door to my wife's car was open in the driveway. She left the alarm (that locks and arms thirty seconds after last door close) in "valet" mode. Nothing was missing or ransacked.

Three nights ago, her alarm went off around midnight. I armed up and went outside. No one visible, no damage to the car. The alarm has a motion sensor.  Curious deer?

We have dogs, motion sensor lights and good doorlocks. I'm not so worried, but my wife is freaking out. For once, she is asking for some range time.

Anyone have some good advice? I have some ideas....
Link Posted: 8/15/2005 11:00:51 AM EDT
[#1]
Do you have a big Maglight handy?

Link Posted: 8/15/2005 11:01:34 AM EDT
[#2]
Where's that thread on the game camera's?  Hold on...

Here you go... Link

Install one of these and get a few photographs of what's creeping around your front yard.  Police might actually do something if you got a photograph of the guy in action

EPOCH
Link Posted: 8/15/2005 11:01:35 AM EDT
[#3]

Call the police to make sure there is a record of a complaint against his tresspass, and you expressing your fear that he might be dangerous when he is under the influence.

Will be nice to have the paper trail in case something bad does happen.
Link Posted: 8/15/2005 11:03:34 AM EDT
[#4]
Next time he shows, tell him you just called "LA  MIGRA"
Link Posted: 8/15/2005 11:03:43 AM EDT
[#5]
Call the police to make sure there is a record of a complaint against his tresspass, and you expressing your fear that he might be dangerous when he is under the influence.

Will be nice to have the paper trail in case something bad does happen.

Smart move here. What should I tell the police? I know his name, as far as he told me, and have a three year old phone number.

thanks,

efxguy
Link Posted: 8/15/2005 11:08:32 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
Do you have a big Maglight handy?

Link Posted: 8/15/2005 11:10:16 AM EDT
[#7]
I'd get a big fuckin' Maglight if I were you.
Link Posted: 8/15/2005 11:12:27 AM EDT
[#8]
Hmmmm   what sound would a MagLight make if...

Link Posted: 8/15/2005 11:14:58 AM EDT
[#9]
Range time is always a good idea.  Backyard range time, even better.  Backyard range time at 10pm, even better idea.  Police report, excellent idea.
Link Posted: 8/15/2005 11:15:21 AM EDT
[#10]
Seriously guy - he's asking for advice.  Let's not get this thing locked with too many "maglite" references.  (funny as they are )

(not bitching at anyone in particular - just worried that this thread will head in the wrong direction, and don't want to see it locked when it's a pretty important question)
Link Posted: 8/15/2005 11:15:54 AM EDT
[#11]
sounds like you have plenty of land and I assume a shovel or two... just add plenty of lime.  
Link Posted: 8/15/2005 11:16:19 AM EDT
[#12]
40 million candle power hand held lanterns available at Pilot truck stops....... (or sears)
Link Posted: 8/15/2005 11:19:09 AM EDT
[#13]
Don't hire Mexicans????
Link Posted: 8/15/2005 11:20:02 AM EDT
[#14]
40 million candle power hand held lanterns available at Pilot truck stops....... (or sears)

This will stop him from coming back?

efxguy

I guess maybe I should have waited to pour my garage slab. efxguy
Link Posted: 8/15/2005 11:20:46 AM EDT
[#15]
Link Posted: 8/15/2005 11:22:35 AM EDT
[#16]
Whats the word I'm looking for uhh klunk?
Link Posted: 8/15/2005 11:23:10 AM EDT
[#17]
Although I give help whenever needed to friends and family my motto is...Do everything you can not to need help and do everything you can not give it.
Link Posted: 8/15/2005 11:23:58 AM EDT
[#18]
Tell the story to the police just as you told it to us. Let them know you don't know for sure it's him setting off the car alarm, but you suspect it is. Let them deal with him now.
Link Posted: 8/15/2005 11:24:45 AM EDT
[#19]
You have made a friend.

Link Posted: 8/15/2005 11:25:30 AM EDT
[#20]
The correct answer to almost every question asked you by people you don't know while on the street is, "No, thanks."
Link Posted: 8/15/2005 11:25:43 AM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:
sounds like you have plenty of land and I assume a shovel or two... just add plenty of lime.  

NEVER!

NEVER!

EVER!

BURY A BODY ON YOUR OWN YARD.

H_R, you should be bonked on the head with a Maglite for that advice.
Link Posted: 8/15/2005 11:26:02 AM EDT
[#22]
You have a rake, surely you own a shovel
Link Posted: 8/15/2005 11:26:04 AM EDT
[#23]
"Release the dogs....................."
Link Posted: 8/15/2005 11:26:47 AM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:
Tell the story to the police just as you told it to us. Let them know you don't know for sure it's him setting off the car alarm, but you suspect it is. Let them deal with him now.

Yep, that is, I think, what I will do.  This is much more reasonable than some of the things I was thinking. -efxguy
Link Posted: 8/15/2005 11:26:47 AM EDT
[#25]

Quoted:
You have a rake, surely you own a shovel

I do........ and don't call me Shirley.
Link Posted: 8/15/2005 11:33:26 AM EDT
[#26]
Just like feeding a stray cat.
Link Posted: 8/15/2005 11:37:39 AM EDT
[#27]

Quoted:

Quoted:

NEVER!

NEVER!

EVER!

BURY A BODY ON YOUR OWN YARD.

H_R, you should be bonked on the head with a Maglite for that advice.

That's right....

Bury it in your neighbor's yard.
Link Posted: 8/15/2005 11:47:30 AM EDT
[#28]

don't feed stray cats.

Link Posted: 8/15/2005 11:54:44 AM EDT
[#29]
Whats with all the mag lite stabs?  Whadimiss?
Link Posted: 8/15/2005 11:56:52 AM EDT
[#30]

Quoted:

don't feed stray cats.

NGDGUP

No good deed goes unpunished.

Lesson learnt.-efxguy
Link Posted: 8/15/2005 12:00:17 PM EDT
[#31]

Quoted:
You have made a friend.

For Life. Manager here made the same mistake- with a gringo. Guy's son, and assorted relatives would show up to do odd jobs and for small loans. Finally said "Enough." Never had any nocturnal visits. My advice would have been. "Call Rent A Rott"
Link Posted: 8/15/2005 12:03:53 PM EDT
[#32]
Bait a snare with fish tacos and catch him.
Link Posted: 8/15/2005 12:04:48 PM EDT
[#33]
My Mother-in Law has a saying for that one:  "Never say hello."  It may sound cruel to the humaitarians out there, but a lifetime of experience will get you to that, especially in NYC.
Link Posted: 8/15/2005 12:34:13 PM EDT
[#34]
You racist, hateful Americans.

Can't you see he's just seeking a better life?

Link Posted: 8/15/2005 12:43:52 PM EDT
[#35]
Put a security camera either at your front door or near your driveway.  Next time your friend for life comes to your house get it on tape.  In the meantime, as he approaches (usually under the influence as you said), dress up in a chupacabra costume.  Go out the back door and come running out of the woods screaming and chasing him.  You will never see him again.  Oh yeah...you will have it on video.  Sent it to AFV...you might win the $100k.  If you do, I got dibs on a share for the idea.  
Link Posted: 8/15/2005 1:13:52 PM EDT
[#36]

Quoted:
Put a security camera either at your front door or near your driveway.  Next time your friend for life comes to your house get it on tape.  In the meantime, as he approaches (usually under the influence as you said), dress up in a chupacabra costume.  Go out the back door and come running out of the woods screaming and chasing him.  You will never see him again.  Oh yeah...you will have it on video.  Sent it to AFV...you might win the $100k.  If you do, I got dibs on a share for the idea.  hr

(foil hat on) must......google......chuooopa....chupa........goatsucker.......costume(foil hat off)

hinking.gif
Link Posted: 8/15/2005 1:17:52 PM EDT
[#37]
I....B.....T....................................................................................

onk!!

Link Posted: 8/15/2005 8:22:11 PM EDT
[#38]

Quoted:
Whats with all the mag lite stabs?  Whadimiss?

A certain Hometown Forum not to be named apparently went overboard(in the esteemed opinion of the gentlebeings that OWN this site) relating the sounds made by certain brands of flashlights when striking the heads of certain nationals.  When the site management basically told them enough was enough, several panties got wadded up and they took their bats and balls and went home.  The point being the guy that owns the site makes the rules and they didn't want to play by his rules.  

So now when the opportunity arises, the reference is made.  Similar to the infamous "So I drawed down on him at the car wash" thread.
Link Posted: 8/15/2005 8:30:10 PM EDT
[#39]

Quoted:
We have dogs, motion sensor lights and good doorlocks. I'm not so worried, but my wife is freaking out. For once, she is asking for some range time.

Anyone have some good advice? I have some ideas....

Don't lie.  You hired this guy to scare your wife didn't you.
Link Posted: 8/16/2005 4:58:03 AM EDT
[#40]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Anyone have some good advice? I have some ideas....hr

Don't lie.  You hired this guy to scare your wife didn't you.hr

Not as far as SHE knows....h.gif

efxguy

still no clever sig.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top