Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
9/22/2017 12:11:25 AM
Posted: 8/14/2005 7:14:41 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 8/14/2005 7:16:44 AM EDT by mags]
So says www.drnick.comA few tips! He says boomers think they're indestrustable. We've doubled our lifespan but our frame is only engineered to last 40yrs. Find your weak link and or links and work safely around it.He says you should never feel pain during or after a work-out. Man.......I'm screwed!
Link Posted: 8/26/2005 8:50:11 PM EDT

Originally Posted By mags:
So says www.drnick.comA few tips! He says boomers think they're indestrustable. We've doubled our lifespan but our frame is only engineered to last 40yrs. Find your weak link and or links and work safely around it.He says you should never feel pain during or after a work-out. Man.......I'm screwed!

I read a little on his site, I didn't read about our frame only being engineered to last 40 years, but I think that the human body is amazing and can last foe a much longer time. I've seen men in their 70's gain muscle mass and strength do a significant degree.

Also, he has to be talking about severe joint pain and not muscle burn and soreness. Muscle burn and soreness from a hard workout are essential markers for how hard you have pushed it in a workout, and how long one needs to recover, this is vastly different from severe joint pain due to bone, tendon, ligament problems. I agree, you should not feel any severe joint pain during or before a workout, but that is a perfect scenario, consistancy means that you work around injuries, and that will entail some pain.

Didn't think much of his website though, trust yourself and your instincts and you'll be just fine.
Link Posted: 8/30/2005 1:57:33 PM EDT

Originally Posted By starsil9:

Originally Posted By mags:

I read a little on his site, I didn't read about our frame only being engineered to last 40 years, but I think that the human body is amazing and can last foe a much longer time. I've seen men in their 70's gain muscle mass and strength do a significant degree.

Also, he has to be talking about severe joint pain and not muscle burn and soreness. Muscle burn and soreness from a hard workout are essential markers for how hard you have pushed it in a workout, and how long one needs to recover, this is vastly different from severe joint pain due to bone, tendon, ligament problems. I agree, you should not feel any severe joint pain during or before a workout, but that is a perfect scenario, consistancy means that you work around injuries, and that will entail some pain.

Didn't think much of his website though, trust yourself and your instincts and you'll be just fine.

.....I agree w/you. I remember being sore as a open wound when I was younger from working out for decades. Its sucks getting old.
Top Top