Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 1/3/2006 8:31:47 PM EDT
I got it on good authority this past week.

Why even go????

Link Posted: 1/3/2006 8:34:09 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 1/3/2006 8:36:47 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 1/3/2006 8:37:44 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
You better stay home...Someone might be loud in the hotel room next to you and wake you up.  

Don't wants no ones gettin' killed.

Link Posted: 1/3/2006 8:38:09 PM EDT
[#4]
lightfighter is no longer owned by brad nelson, a pmc corporation bought them out. So i guess this is the reason no LF at shot
Link Posted: 1/3/2006 8:46:24 PM EDT
[#5]
So Lightfighter is bought out?

Is Brad retired, or still working at the company?

Dram out
Link Posted: 1/3/2006 8:52:55 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
lightfighter is no longer owned by brad nelson

What that frak?!  Anybody know what he's moved on to?  Except for very understandable shortages he was my go to guy for my gear queer needs.

It's been about 3 years since I actually bought any nylon fabric valued at over $300 though.

I hope, for his sake, that he sold the stores and name and retired into the lap of luxury.
Link Posted: 1/3/2006 9:05:00 PM EDT
[#7]
Lot's o backstory on that one. Hoo boy.
Link Posted: 1/3/2006 9:07:50 PM EDT
[#8]
I was in the LF chat, and was having a good conversation with everyone in it. I asked what the story was, and I think I hit the wrong button. Then I said sorry.. and just logged out and signed up on GOTX.

If someone can tell me the whole story, since I've only heard bits and pieces, then it'd be cool.

Something about Brad selling it, but not only that.. to some guy that someone didn't like while that guy was away, felt betrayed, yada yada. I don't know.

Edit: And I was, too, looking up to the LF party at the Shot Show.
Link Posted: 1/3/2006 9:08:25 PM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 1/3/2006 9:12:32 PM EDT
[#10]
has to do with paying the overhead, brad sold the company to keep the doors open
Link Posted: 1/3/2006 9:47:27 PM EDT
[#11]
the drama is strong with this story.

Far as no LF at SHOT, who cares.  Brad never had anything in stock and his customer service personel were horrible.
Link Posted: 1/3/2006 9:57:31 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

Far as no LF at SHOT, who cares.  Brad never had anything in stock and his customer service personel were horrible.

The only time I ordered from LF was the week someone in his family died. So, they didn't get it shipped for a while. Then, when it did get up and running, it shut down or something, because they were trying to improve the customer service, which, at that time, my stuff was in stock, but didn't ship for 2 months. I didn't order from them after that. I mean, I could easily wait for whatever. I just shoot paper, I'm not in Iraq, but to hold it for 2 months becuase you're training new people? That's absurd. And, not like I was mad at them getting sold, because I didn't know or care about brad. I was a one time customer. The thing that got me mad was when most of the best people left the forums. Which, only irritates me because it's another forum to read.

I'll stick to reading the forums, a shitload of good information. Not like they have something nobody else has.. and in stock
Link Posted: 1/3/2006 10:07:40 PM EDT
[#13]
being a former employee of lightfighter i can tell you that the organization of the company was FUBAR, the shipping department was understocked. the best way to go about getting anything from LF is to go the retail stores.
Link Posted: 1/3/2006 10:13:39 PM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:

Amen WORST CUSTOMER SERVICE EVER!
Link Posted: 1/3/2006 10:17:07 PM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:
The thing that got me mad was when most of the best people left the forums.

- and they all left for very good reasons. LF seems like it is practically dead now (forum wise)
Link Posted: 1/3/2006 11:24:21 PM EDT
[#16]
Link Posted: 1/3/2006 11:26:54 PM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:

I take it you have never ordered from BOTACH

I have had real good luck from BOTACH
Link Posted: 1/3/2006 11:46:41 PM EDT
[#18]
Link Posted: 1/4/2006 12:56:24 AM EDT
[#19]
even before i heard about the sale i noticed a change. back in the day brad answered the phone and one time he was stuffing the box while i was still on the phone. back in the fall i ordered some things i needed in a hurry for a school. i ordered 2 weeks in advance and payed for overnight shipping.cthey harged my CC same day. 7 weeks later i got the items. their website is a beautiful display of items they dont have in stock. to their credit they did refund my overnight shipping costs but only after i called to bitch twice. whats the point of getting overnight shipping when you wait 7 weeks.
Link Posted: 1/4/2006 4:04:38 AM EDT
[#20]
I swear some of you dont read but one word in a topic and then get to posting...........

There were two key words.........

Lightfighter party

The only thing I ever ordered from him I got fast and quick. As for his party.............

No more.

Link Posted: 1/4/2006 6:07:38 AM EDT
[#21]
The only thing I ever ordered I got within 4 days.

I still post on the forum but nowhere near as much.
Link Posted: 1/4/2006 8:09:56 AM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:
I got it on good authority this past week.

Why even go????

FOR THE LIMO RIDE  
Link Posted: 1/4/2006 8:14:10 AM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:

+1

He might be a great guy (I won't dispute that), but dealing with his company was a nightmare for me.
Link Posted: 1/4/2006 8:15:33 AM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Amen WORST CUSTOMER SERVICE EVER!

I take it you have never ordered from BOTACH

BOTACH would have to be really screwed up to top LF.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top