Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 3/30/2009 7:44:07 AM EDT
I just heard a burb on the radio from Wall Street Journal that the .gov is going to buy GM and Chrysler vehicles for their fleet? Does that mean Ford is f'd for not sucking the tit?

Someone please verify or discredit.
Link Posted: 3/30/2009 7:45:38 AM EDT
[#1]
Makes sense in a liberal way.  Punish the company that doesn't need the bail out.
Link Posted: 3/30/2009 7:45:42 AM EDT
[#2]
Next vehicle I purchase will be a Ford. Even though very little of their line appeals to me, Im buying one on principal.
Link Posted: 3/30/2009 7:47:01 AM EDT
[#3]
They've been doing this for years. I remember the K-car  fleet back in the 80's.
Link Posted: 3/30/2009 7:59:18 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
They've been doing this for years. I remember the K-car  fleet back in the 80's.

Exactly, Ford does not get much in government sales outside of the Crown Vic, and departments around here have been quietly switching to front wheel drive Chevies .
Link Posted: 3/30/2009 8:03:51 AM EDT
[#5]
The .gov just to try to secure their investment.
Link Posted: 3/30/2009 8:12:28 AM EDT
[#6]
Similar thing happened in the late 1970s early 1980s, the .gov was buying mostly Chrysler vehicles in an effort to keep them alive. I spent my first couple of years in the .mil working on those POS Dodge trucks and vans that they bought.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top