Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/9/2010 8:52:15 AM EDT
We've all done some things in our lives where we just look back and go:

"Wow, was i really that stupid?"

I was just thinking of a funny anecdote from my teenager years about a phone bill:

When i was 19 or so, myself and some friends from high school all rented a big apartment together. The various utilities were in different folks names and we all pitched in to pay the bills.

Now, the phone bill (this is before cell phones were affordable) was in my buddy's girlfriends name.

Like most girls, she liked to bitch, so when she started yelling about some out of state calls listed on the bill, myself and the 2 other guys in the living room at the time sorta tuned her out.

Now, she keeps at it. She's ranting and raving; accusing friends who had stopped by of racking up her phone bill w/ calls to several different states, blaming us guys in the room...

...general just acting like a raving bitch about a few dollars worth of long distance charges We were all getting pretty irritated as it's hard to play Tekken AND eat day old pizza w/ some loudmouth twat screaming in your ear.

Then, out of the blue, she blurts out this gem:

"Every month I see this long distance calls on the bill and every month I call these numbers and ask who's been calling them from my phone, but nobody ever knows and I keep getting charged for them!"

WE were like:

I remember laughing so hard and for so long that my stomach was cramping up.

The poor girl realized that her rant and her bill were completely her fault; IIRC she hid in her bedroom for the rest of the day.

She never bitched about the phone bill again
So anyone else have some "no common sense stories"?
Speed
Link Posted: 9/9/2010 8:57:05 AM EDT
[#1]
gurls r dumb
Link Posted: 9/9/2010 8:57:31 AM EDT
[#2]
A couple years back my debit card expired.  Of course, the bank sent me a replacement card ahead of time.  Once I received it, I called the number to activate it, and stuffed it into my wallet after cutting up the old one.

A few days later I'm at a 7-11 picking up some things for myself and a few co-workers.  I didn't have enough cash on me so I used my debit card.  The thing where I swipe the card wasn't working, so I handed it to the cashier for them to swipe.

At that point, she looked at me and said "Hey, there's no signature on your card."  She showed it to me and, sure enough, I had forgotten to sign it.

So I borrowed a pen and signed the card in front of her.

She then swiped it, the transaction went through, had me sign the receipt, and then compared the signature on the card to the signature on the receipt.

_MaH
Link Posted: 9/9/2010 9:22:21 AM EDT
[#3]
I remember when I was 10-12 or so, some friends and I thought it would be a good idea at night to wait until we saw a car coming then one of us would pour gasoline across the road and then set it on fire effectively making a wall of fire in the car's path.  I know pretty fucking stupid.  It didn't take long for the police to show up and even less time for my mom to beat the crap out of me.
Link Posted: 9/9/2010 9:29:46 AM EDT
[#4]

my wife is pretty smart, but she recently had a real boneheaded moment and asked one of the dumbest questions i've heard in a while...

we were driving somewhere and passed a couple guys on road bikes (bicycles) moving at a pretty good clip. she asked me why the "tires are so narrow on those kind of bikes", and the following conversation ensued:

me: they are inflated pretty hard, and the small cross-section cuts down on both wind resistance and rolling resistance.

wife: yeah, but... doesn't it make it easier to fall over?

me:

Link Posted: 9/9/2010 9:49:09 AM EDT
[#5]
I work with a lot of wimmin, so I could go on for hours.

My favorite was a couple of years ago. I was meeting with some state officials and I asked the girl in the front office to print something off her computer for me. A few minutes later, she starts yelling at me that her computer is deleting stuff and she can't stop it. I run in her office and look at the monitor. Sure enough, her cursor is just flying across the screen. So I reached down and picked up the notebook that was laying on her her space bar.

The best part was that another girl did the exact same thing a few months later.

These chicks are always making me come in and fix simple stuff on their computers. We have one lady who is in her sixties and is constantly screwing her computer up in bizarre ways. A couple of years ago, she was complaining to me that she really needed a new computer because hers was so screwed up (entirely her own fault). I went through storage and found and old typewriter and left it on her desk. She didn't find it nearly as funny as I did.
Link Posted: 9/9/2010 9:55:23 AM EDT
[#6]
November 4, 2008.
Link Posted: 9/9/2010 9:59:24 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
gurls r dumb

sometimes guys too......

Back in the day, some buddies and I were getting some summer beach town  jobs, and one was interviewing for a waiter job on the boardwalk, claiming lots of experience.

He was asked "What size place?, and he responded by holding his hands up in a circle, and saying, "You know, regular dinner size plates". They offered him the oyster shucker job.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top