Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
9/22/2017 12:11:25 AM
Posted: 2/27/2002 6:51:52 PM EDT
Any of you in R/C nitro?
Link Posted: 2/27/2002 6:58:44 PM EDT
i used to. had a yokomo gt4, rc10gt, and a hpi rs4-2 all powered by a futaba 3pj which i later switched to an airtronics m8. used to practice at the tracks a lot, but i never got a chance to race them. i figured that if i'm going to spend thousands of dollars, that it should be on guns!!!!!!!!!!!!
Link Posted: 2/27/2002 7:18:47 PM EDT
(I stoped spending money on guns. Its a waste of resorces and time. I'm selling most of my rifles.) I'm building a T-Maxx .21 nitro from the ground-up all metal with Airtronics R/C and servos. Should reach about 65-70mph. I'll be running 20% nitro and blue oil. Its going to eat about $2000 in parts plus the Radio. At least I don't have to comply with the Bad Attitude Towards Freedom gang, can carry any time any place and the nitro is cheep...
Link Posted: 2/27/2002 8:28:57 PM EDT
Associated RC10GT running 20%. NITRO ROCKS! Was at the Checker Nationals at Firebird Raceway last weekend (on the balcony), still got wood. coyote3
Link Posted: 2/27/2002 8:39:39 PM EDT
sorry to sound uneducated, but what is r/c nitro? i'm assuming it's a radio controlled fuel racer?
Link Posted: 2/28/2002 2:59:19 AM EDT
Can someone post a pic of one of these R/C Racers??
Link Posted: 2/28/2002 3:32:07 AM EDT
I have a Kiosho Inferno Mp-5. It is a 1/8 scale 4wd buggy. Gets up to about 55-65mph. I haven't ran this in about 2 years. No good place to run it around here. Here is a similar photo of a MP 7.5 [img]www.gpmd.com/images/kyoc0560.JPG[/img]
Link Posted: 2/28/2002 5:23:24 AM EDT
55-65 mph..what's the r/c range? couldn't someone use one of these to deliver a chemical or explosive charge?
Link Posted: 2/28/2002 9:29:00 AM EDT
i'm thinking about getting back into it maybe later. the t-maxx is what i'm looking at. i've always had m eye on it when it first came out. those things are BAD!!!!! i am also looking in to 1/8 4wd buggy like the kyosho inferno or mugen mbx-4rr. if any of you guys are interested, visit [url]www.rccaraction.com[/url]. they have lots of info. believe me, these things are a lot of fun. its just like firearms when you have nitro r/c. its fun to play with, but its a bitch to clean (depending on how you clean... i'm a clean freak when it comes to my toys). some of these r/c's can go over 100mph depending on what engine and modifications you put on it. there is a world record electric r/c car that went 111+ mph. it should be in the books. it is a car made by team associated. i believe they used 26 c-cells to give it the power it needed. if pistol grip radio (controller) went into the wrong hands, the 10+lb toy can easily take out peoples legs. i think they're about to ban them in CA soon. oh well, i guess i'll have to move somewhere else to buy legally play with radio controlled cars...
Link Posted: 2/28/2002 9:51:57 AM EDT
Range. Probably a couple hundred yards. The radios are similar to the ones they use on radio controlled airplanes. I use a Futaba 3PJ PCM controller. I've controlled my car from about 125 yards away. My friend and I put our cars there and faced them towards us. We said go and were trying to race back towards ourselves. There were a few twist and turns and I saw one go out of control about 100 yards away. It jumped the curb and did a few flips. I laughed my ass off saying he fu*ked up. He laughed back saying it was my buggy. doh. 100 yards is far for a 1/8 buggy and they looked identical. [:D] Damn, going to have to charge up my controller batteries and drive it a bit this weekend. Btw, the nitro smell is just like Hoppes #9. You smell it for hours after you have touched it.
Link Posted: 3/1/2002 2:30:50 AM EDT
Originally Posted By eurotrash: 55-65 mph..what's the r/c range? couldn't someone use one of these to deliver a chemical or explosive charge?
View Quote
Yes. The R/C nitro airplane guys are being banned from a lot of places now. The big planes (5 to 7 ft) with duo piston motor can carry a payload of 10lb easy. For a while this is how the drugs were smuggled into the us from Mexico. The smaller size planes (3 to 4 ft.) can carry a payload of up to 3 lb. The speed of those things range from 40 MPH to 85 MPH and the distance is based on the amount of fuel. In theory if you load 5 lb of fuel into a 4 stroke motor airplane and have a relay controller the plane could fly for over 100 mi. Those things are dangerous by nature, have seen guys that lost fingers from the propeller. For me trucks are #1 and helis are #2.
Link Posted: 3/1/2002 4:25:45 AM EDT
Anyone selling guns/parts, please contact me....thanks
Link Posted: 3/1/2002 5:15:35 AM EDT
I got into nitro RC cars when I couldn't afford to race my "real" car anymore, and needed at least one politicaly correct hobby... Right now, I've got 3 RC cars... Associated RC10GT with a ported Hyper .21 on it, Ofna Monster Pirate w/ Hyper .21, and an HPI RS4 car w/OS .12... They all run on 20% nitro... The RC10 actually does wheelies at almost any speed when I've got sticky tires on the back... My Monster Pirate with it's 2-speed trans, will smoke any Tmaxx right out of the box... (The Hyper .21 makes 2.1 horsepower @ 38,000 RPM's) The HPI car has a hot little 1 horsepower OS .12 in it, and also has a 2-speed trans... Check 'em out... [url]community.webtv.net/YULLOSE/ExtremeRC10[/url] BTW... 60-70 MPH from a heavy all metal .21 Tmaxx is "unrealistic"... 40-50 MPH is more like it... My Monster Pirate goes 37+ MPH right out of the box with only a 1-speed trans... I haven't clocked it with the 2-speed yet, but it looks to be going around 45-50 MPH when it tops out in high gear...
Top Top