User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 1/7/2005 9:05:33 AM EDT
The subj says it all.
Link Posted: 1/7/2005 9:07:19 AM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 1/7/2005 9:11:57 AM EDT
[#2]
Nikon has a 25 year no-fault warranty. Depending on the model and how long ago you bought them you should be covered. Call Nikon and they can tell you.

Nikon
19601 Hamilton Ave.
Torrance, CA  90502-1309
(310) 516-7124
(800) 645-6687
Link Posted: 1/9/2005 7:38:24 AM EDT
[#3]
Thanks.  I am mailing them Monday.
Link Posted: 1/9/2005 7:41:05 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
Nikon has a 25 year no-fault warranty. Depending on the model and how long ago you bought them you should be covered. Call Nikon and they can tell you.

Nikon
19601 Hamilton Ave.
Torrance, CA  90502-1309
(310) 516-7124
(800) 645-6687

I was very unimpressed with Nikon's "warranty" when I sent my binoculars back for service.

About the third time I used them the knob that you turn broke - so that I couldn't focus the binos.  When I sent it back, they reluctantly fixed it, but made a point out of telling me that they wouldn't fix it again - so apparently the "25 year" warranty is only good for ONE occurence, and then you are on your own.  

I know I'll never buy any Nikon binoculars again.
Link Posted: 1/9/2005 2:21:42 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Nikon
19601 Hamilton Ave.
Torrance, CA  90502-1309
(310) 516-7124
(800) 645-6687

I was very unimpressed with Nikon's "warranty" when I sent my binoculars back for service.

About the third time I used them the knob that you turn broke - so that I couldn't focus the binos.  When I sent it back, they reluctantly fixed it, but made a point out of telling me that they wouldn't fix it again - so apparently the "25 year" warranty is only good for ONE occurence, and then you are on your own.  

Wow, that sucks. Who did you buy your binocs through? If you would have bought them from my company we would have gone to bat for you with Nikon and made sure they fixed them.

We also have our own products with a real  "no fault" warranty as well if you're ever in the market for a new pair
Link Posted: 1/9/2005 3:46:30 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Nikon
19601 Hamilton Ave.
Torrance, CA  90502-1309
(310) 516-7124
(800) 645-6687

Wow, that sucks. Who did you buy your binocs through? If you would have bought them from my company we would have gone to bat for you with Nikon and made sure they fixed them.

We also have our own products with a real  "no fault" warranty as well if you're ever in the market for a new pair

I honestly don't remember where I bought them (this happened a while ago).  I might have been either locally or mail order (but they weren't some kind of refurbished crap, they were NIB).

I didn't go through the store, but contacted Nikon directly, and shipped them to Nikon's nearest service center.
Link Posted: 1/9/2005 3:51:48 PM EDT
[#7]
DK-Prof: Something breaking on the Nikon binos wouldn't surprise me, most of the binos are in the PRC. I was surprised that the Nikon wouldn't fix them because they hardly costed them anything.
Link Posted: 1/9/2005 3:57:45 PM EDT
[#8]
Not meaning to be contradictory, but I feel that Nikon has done pretty well by me... I have a Nikon Laser800 laser rangefinder, and after 4.5 years of HEAVY use(through some EXTREME weather), it finally started acting up - it would give a reading of 44 yards at a measured 50 yards, for example...

I contacted Nikon, and although it was only warranteed for 1 year(typical of most laser rangefinders), they agreed to replace it... I sent it back - in the original packaging - and a while later, received a brand new laser 800... I bought mine from Cabelas - and informed them of that - I don't know if that made a difference or not...

The contact info given for Nikon appears to be correct to me...

- georgestrings

PS - I also have a pair of Nikon Monarch 10x40 binocs, and they have been flawless during the same time period...
Link Posted: 1/10/2005 7:04:49 AM EDT
[#9]
I have an old pair of Rubber armoed 10x42 binocs and the rubber eye peices have dry rotted.  This has made it impossible to focus the eye peices.  Niko appears to charge a $17.50 flat warranty repair fee.  I'll let everyone know what they do with them.
Link Posted: 1/10/2005 7:40:54 AM EDT
[#10]
I own a pair of Monarchs, some time ago I had a minor problem with them, something came loose inside and was rattling around. It never caused a problem with focusing or fogging  - it just rattled.
Anyway, I called Nikon Service dept., shipped it in with a brief description of problem and within a week I had them back at no charge.
Excellant service AFAIC.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top