Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 5/25/2001 4:25:56 AM EDT
They just mentioned  on the radio today that the family of Nikki Taylor (the supermodel that is in critical condition after her stupid fuck boyfriend ran into the telephone pole after trying to get the cell phone) is suing the City (because they own the pole), and the car manufacturer.  The have not decided whether to sue the driver yet...  

Nice fucking country we live in that would even allow this bullshit to get to the courts.
Link Posted: 5/25/2001 10:45:33 AM EDT
[#1]
I bet they are liberal democrats too.
Link Posted: 5/25/2001 10:54:38 AM EDT
[#2]
Did the telephone pole jump in front of the car?
Link Posted: 5/25/2001 10:56:00 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
Did the telephone pole jump in front of the car?
View Quote

Yes and it was brandishing a handgun!
Link Posted: 5/25/2001 11:39:43 AM EDT
[#4]
Yep.  The legal system in the US makes people think they can abdicate all personal responsibilty for anything bad that happens to them.  I'm surprised no one has sued God yet....that sounds like an Ally McBeal court case to me.
Link Posted: 5/25/2001 11:45:28 AM EDT
[#5]
I am suing adam and eve for taking a bite of the apple thus depriving me of my God given (literaly) right to life in paradise.
Link Posted: 5/25/2001 11:50:13 AM EDT
[#6]
Sue the phone company for not painting the pole day-glo orange and having warnings signs that call attention to the swerving pole.
Link Posted: 5/25/2001 11:50:26 AM EDT
[#7]
you can sue anyone for anything, it doesn't mean you'll win.
Link Posted: 5/25/2001 11:52:23 AM EDT
[#8]
It was the phone poles fault? Give me a break. To bad she was injured but the Government can't be at fault for every stupid action that takes place
Link Posted: 5/25/2001 12:00:15 PM EDT
[#9]
Maybe she should sue her parents for failing to instill any common sense in her.
Link Posted: 5/25/2001 12:12:25 PM EDT
[#10]
That telephone pole looked suspiciously like an "assault pole" to me[:D].

mattjedi[x]
Link Posted: 5/25/2001 6:44:52 PM EDT
[#11]
Well we all knew that models are morons. Here's some proof that it's genetic. Sue the city when you hit a city pole? How pathetic.

Bet the idiot boyfriend will write a book about his pole/phone experience. "Call Weighting"

"I teleported home one night with Ron and Sid and Meg. Ron stole Meggy's heart away and I got Sidney's leg."             Douglas Adams R.I.P.
Link Posted: 5/25/2001 6:56:48 PM EDT
[#12]
I just hope that pole doesn't have a bayo lug on it or it will open a whole can of worms...
Link Posted: 5/25/2001 7:33:42 PM EDT
[#13]
No judge will even hear the case unless she dies or becomes a vegetable.  Once you are an adult your parents have no legal claim on you unless the "next of kin" comes into play.  Nikki Taylor could sue, and lose, when she recovers but her parents wont even get the case into court.  If she is a vegetable and the hospital is looking to them for payment as the next of kin and they get a power of attorney due to her inability to think on her own, they might have a chance to at least get the case heard.

Its like your parents suing your ex-wife for making you unhappy.  Its not their gig anymore, and they dont have the right to any money on behalf of your suffering.

This is the grand ol' USA and its your right to sue anyone you see fit.  That doesnt mean that you will find a judge to listen or that you will win.  

I always thought that it would be fun to sue one of these idiots for clogging the legal system and wasting our tax dollars.  
Link Posted: 5/25/2001 9:59:10 PM EDT
[#14]
What a fucking stupid case.
Link Posted: 5/25/2001 10:44:13 PM EDT
[#15]
It's the same kind of stupid shit that occurs when:  

1.) Crackhead Pete breaks into your house with a deadly weapon to rob, rape, and kill your family for a high,

2.)  You drop Crackhead Pete in your living with a 12 Guage,

3.) Crackhead Pete's family sues you for wrongful death because there are lawyers working on contingency just waiting for this case, and

4.) You go into bankruptcy just to defend yourself from this kind of bullshit lawsuit.  What are you going to countersue for, a collection of crack-pipes?

What kind of system is this?

Case in point:  

An ER Nurse in DC is at a red light when someone knocks on the window.  She looks over and sees a savory individual with a firearm, urging her to unlock the door and move to the passenger seat.  Looking forward, savory individual #2 has his hands on the hood, looking at her meanacingly.  Looking backwards, their car is parked behind her.

What would you or I do?  The same thing she did.  Floor it.  After hitting the slime-bag speed-bump in front of her car, she rushes to the nearest police sub-station.  There, she finds out that the same individuals had already car-jacked once that evening, and were later caught in possession of illegal firearms and substances.

Happy ending?  I don't think so.  A few weeks later, she is served papers by Savory Individual #2 for running him over.

Gotta love it.
Link Posted: 5/25/2001 11:04:43 PM EDT
[#16]
I think you mean UN-savory. Yep, it's BS, they probably got a lawyer on contingency, who feels that he can get a few buck out of her or her insurance co. Of course since he was part of an armed robbery and was threatening deadly force she had a right to protect herself at the same level of force.

She will probably have to hire a lawyer, with a retainer and hourly fee, to defend this lawsuit. If she sues them they are "judgement proof" no money just assorted pocket lint........
Link Posted: 5/25/2001 11:27:44 PM EDT
[#17]
It doesn't surprise me at all. Right after the accident her manager read a statement to the press that stressed not that she was on the verge of dying but, she did not suffer any damage to her head or face!

Everyone that surrounds her just views her as an ATM machine.
Link Posted: 5/25/2001 11:49:31 PM EDT
[#18]
Imbrog|io:
  Everyone that surrounds her just views her as an ATM machine.
View Quote

So where do I swipe my ATM card?

Shameless, I know.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top