Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 10/8/2004 7:21:32 AM EDT
US Armed Forces in AFG should always be proud of what you've done even of the press doesn't says so, but...

I watched Nightline last night and usually these reports end up pissing me off because of the impression that its all a mess and can't be fixed, but for once a good report:

It showed the preparations for the elections and the deployment of more troops including NATO troops in the wild country.  Then a profile of the female presidential candidate, interviews with citizens that think Karzai and the US have brought freedom and increasing stability to their country and then a visit to a small factory where the women make handmade dolls. One of their best-sellers was a Karzai doll and when asked, the woman making them said he was great for their country and she was GOING TO VOTE FOR HIM. Just the fact that a woman can say that, much less do it is a great thing. This was UBL's personal homeland just a short time ago.

Anyway it was the only thing I've seen in the media in a while that made me feel good about the message the US is getting about what's really going on (in the big picture). Too bad we don't see more like it.

Link Posted: 10/8/2004 7:24:01 AM EDT
[#1]
It's not easy rebuilding a nation from the ground up since, the USA got rid of the pro-Taliban and its minions. Its going to take time and a lot of effort.
Link Posted: 10/8/2004 8:03:40 AM EDT
[#2]
Looking at the history of the region, I doubt there is a more challenging place to unify and pacify.

The accomplishments speak volumes of the greatness of our folks in uniform and the goodness of OUR CURRENT ADMINISTRATION.
Link Posted: 10/8/2004 8:09:05 AM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 10/8/2004 9:28:52 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
I cannot imagine why womens' groups would NOT be wholeheartedly supporting the Bush Administration for bringing real change in this part of the world.
Eric The(SuckingOutLoud)Hun

Its a scary thing to admit that the world is a  tough place and there are those that would kill you and your children for reasons that mean nothing to Americans.

Kill them there or we'll be fighting them here... Really pretty simple IMO.
Link Posted: 10/8/2004 9:44:31 AM EDT
[#5]
Women's rights are a HUGE stumbling block to dialog about integrating economies of the ME and the rest of the world.  At bottom it is THE key issue as it requires the most change in thinking.
Link Posted: 10/8/2004 10:04:10 AM EDT
[#6]

I was SHOCKED to see this report last night.  POSITIVE things happening in the WOT and the fight for freedom and democracy?  Who'd a thunk it?

If we had an honest unbiased red state media, the airwaves could be filled with positve news.  (But that would help the Prez!)
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top