Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 7/23/2008 5:57:35 AM EDT
well between this and the hurricane, oil ought to spike back up.i think somebody's paying these Nigerians to cause trouble, to drive prices up.
oh, there NOT getting payed
Developing: A Nigerian militant group says it plans to destroy major oil pipelines in the Niger Delta in the next 30 days to prove it has not receive payment from the government to end its campaign, Reuters reported.

The head of the state-run oil firm NNPC told Nigerian newspapers on Wednesday that the company had paid militant groups $12 million to protect facilities in the oil-producing Delta state.

"To prove that we are not a part of this deal, the Chanomi creek pipeline and other major pipelines will be destroyed within the next 30 days," the Movement for the Emancipation of the Niger Delta (MEND) said in an e-mailed statement, Reuters reported
Link Posted: 7/23/2008 5:58:45 AM EDT
[#1]
Will they be wearing those snappy life vests when they do it?
Link Posted: 7/23/2008 5:59:56 AM EDT
[#2]
more cutting off their noses to spite their face in Africa, yay
Link Posted: 7/23/2008 6:02:02 AM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:

Amazing isn't it?

"Pay us not to destroy it, or we'll destroy it!"

And then what?
Link Posted: 7/23/2008 6:02:24 AM EDT
[#4]
emancipation doesn't mean you destroy your source of income
Link Posted: 7/23/2008 6:06:27 AM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 7/23/2008 6:18:09 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Amazing isn't it?

"Pay us not to destroy it, or we'll destroy it!"

And then what?

I spent 3 months in the fuckin continent last year, I really wish it were the beautiful place romanticized in the movies, in reality it is simply a free-for-all hellhole.
Link Posted: 7/23/2008 7:12:06 AM EDT
[#7]
btt
Link Posted: 7/23/2008 7:18:09 AM EDT
[#8]
Bring back Executive Outcomes.
Link Posted: 7/23/2008 7:23:39 AM EDT
[#9]
Typical.  And China is going to rule Africa?
Link Posted: 7/23/2008 7:24:57 AM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
Typical.  And China is going to rule Africa?

They'll gun anyone down that gets in their way.

Link Posted: 7/23/2008 7:37:13 AM EDT
[#11]
So much for China having a source of cheap oil.

At one time the Chinese were talking about sending troops to Nigera, I guess that fell through.

China depends on Africa for some 30 percent of oil imports and has invested heavily in top producers Nigeria and Angola.
Link Posted: 7/23/2008 10:02:46 AM EDT
[#12]
This is old news, as far as Nigeria is concerned.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top