Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 10/20/2004 9:30:54 PM EDT
Anyone seen this yet?  They were just talking about it on CNN.  They said Nickelodeon's poll has accurately predicted the last four elections.  I hope this year is not the case.

Poll
Link Posted: 10/21/2004 3:00:11 AM EDT
[#1]
They have been doing this since 1988?

Jesus,
Any how it is because kids have the same views as their parents.
Link Posted: 10/21/2004 5:27:31 AM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
They have been doing this since 1988?

Jesus,
Any how it is because kids have the same views as their parents.

Hopefully the results are skewed then.
Link Posted: 10/21/2004 5:29:06 AM EDT
[#3]
Big thread on this here yesterday.

The little booger eaters were given a choice between a grey haired W and a brown haired Kerry.
Link Posted: 10/21/2004 5:32:15 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
Big thread on this here yesterday.

The little booger eaters were given a choice between a grey haired W and a brown haired Kerry.

Oh, just looking at you avatar and reading that makes me laugh.
Link Posted: 10/21/2004 5:36:22 AM EDT
[#5]
I'm 21 now and in college, but I remember back during the Bush/Clinton race, all of my elementary school classmates (including me) said that everyone should vote for Clinton, because he's not an old guy.  :(  Man I feel bad about that now.  I'm sure all the kids who don't know any better will vote for Kerry, because he's not "old".
Link Posted: 10/21/2004 5:41:03 AM EDT
[#6]
"Real" kids poll...not an online botted poll.

NEW YORK, Oct. 20 /PRNewswire-FirstCall/ -- Scholastic, the global children's publishing and media company, today announced the results of the 2004 Scholastic Election Poll, an educational activity that gives children too young to go to the polls themselves the opportunity to participate in the political process. More than half a million students in first through eighth grades from across the country participated in the poll, choosing George W. Bush as the next President of the United States.

Since 1940, Scholastic Classroom Magazines have given students the opportunity to cast their vote for president in the Scholastic Election Poll (online voting was added in 2000). In every election, but two, the outcome of the Scholastic Election Poll mirrored the outcome of the general election.

The exceptions were in 1948 when students chose Thomas E. Dewey over Harry S. Truman and in 1960 when more students voted for Richard M. Nixon than John F. Kennedy. In 2000, student voters chose George W. Bush, mirroring the Electoral College result but not the result of the popular vote.

In the 2004 Scholastic Election Poll, George W. Bush received 52 percent of the votes and the Democratic contender, John F. Kerry, received 47 percent. Rounding out the vote, 1 percent of students voted for other candidates.

"Teachers rely on Scholastic Classroom Magazines and Scholastic News Online for articles on the latest news from the campaign trail and to help students learn about how our nation elects its leaders. The Scholastic Election Poll is a fun way for students to apply their knowledge of the candidates and the electoral process and to get young children excited about politics so they'll grow up to be active, well-informed citizens and future voters," said Rebecca Bondor, Editor in Chief, Scholastic Classroom Magazines.

Students from across the country voted through mail-in paper ballots found in many of Scholastic Classroom Magazines, including Scholastic News(R) and Junior Scholastic(R) beginning in September and online at Scholastic News Online (http://www.scholastic.com/news) from mid-July to October 18, 2004.

Link Posted: 10/21/2004 9:04:21 AM EDT
[#7]
I have a hard tim believing that last year they picked GWB.

It is a bunch of shit
Link Posted: 10/21/2004 9:07:13 AM EDT
[#8]
Un less they are actually old enough to vote, who really gives a shit what the little "booger eater" think?
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top