Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 3
Posted: 11/17/2011 9:51:35 PM EDT
What's the outrage, the dread about them? Their music?

I was listening to piece tonight on my way to work and it sounded like a nice mix of instruments and vocals without having any real meaning to it. That is, you don't sing it in the shower. Back in my aerobics days, it could fall into the category of "junkyard music": nothing really great or memorable about it, but it does provide a beat to work out to. Same thing here: its physical characteristics are just right.

But everywhere I turn on here, it seems like people see it as a form of torture. Why? Is it the difference in the gender of the ear that hears it? Is it the actual lyrics? Or perhaps, it's a father's bad nightmare about his daughter, for their pictures are plastered all over her room.

What's the beef?
(In the future, Miles of the past and his counselor watch a film of a Howard Cosell commentary. "We were not at first sure about this, but we believe that whenever someone did some terrible in your society, they were forced to watch this as punishment."––counselor, (w,stte), "Sleeper")
Link Posted: 11/17/2011 9:54:11 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 11/17/2011 9:54:23 PM EDT by TacticalMOLONLABE]
Look at this Frodograph!
Link Posted: 11/17/2011 9:54:13 PM EDT
They're Canadian

Link Posted: 11/17/2011 9:56:21 PM EDT
They are the antithesis of everything that is right in music and are the most perfect example of why radio music sucks now compared to how it used to be.

Granted, there's always been awful tripe on the radio, but there's nothing but awful tripe or the same 20 songs that everyone has heard for the past 20-30-40-50 years now.
Link Posted: 11/17/2011 10:00:58 PM EDT
Its really bad music.

really, really bad.
Link Posted: 11/17/2011 10:02:35 PM EDT

Originally Posted By skankwhisperer:
Its really bad music.

really, really bad.

yep.
Link Posted: 11/17/2011 10:03:00 PM EDT
I'd rather mutilate my genitals than listen to NB.

Link Posted: 11/17/2011 10:03:33 PM EDT
Originally Posted By Snowleopard:
What's the outrage, the dread about them? Their music?

I was listening to piece tonight on my way to work and it sounded like a nice mix of instruments and vocals without having any real meaning to it. That is, you don't sing it in the shower. Back in my aerobics days, it could fall into the category of "junkyard music": nothing really great or memorable about it, but it does provide a beat to work out to. Same thing here: its physical characteristics are just right.

But everywhere I turn on here, it seems like people see it as a form of torture. Why? Is it the difference in the gender of the ear that hears it? Is it the actual lyrics? Or perhaps, it's a father's bad nightmare about his daughter, for their pictures are plastered all over her room.

What's the beef?
(In the future, Miles of the past and his counselor watch a film of a Howard Cosell commentary. "We were not at first sure about this, but we believe that whenever someone did some terrible in your society, they were forced to watch this as punishment."––counselor, (w,stte), "Sleeper")

Music with out any meaning to it is garbage in my opinion!

Link Posted: 11/17/2011 10:04:34 PM EDT
Originally Posted By DontShootMyDog:

This.
Link Posted: 11/17/2011 10:07:11 PM EDT
I like a few of their songs...no big.

Link Posted: 11/17/2011 10:08:13 PM EDT
they are definably no led zeppelin but they aren't that bad.
Link Posted: 11/17/2011 10:08:27 PM EDT
Pics of you back in your aerobics days?
Link Posted: 11/17/2011 10:10:13 PM EDT
I have a N. B. CD in my dash that's pretty good, one of the songs on the tape starts " my clothes are all over the place."

I don't know the name of the album but it's pretty decent

I never could figure out the dislike for the band here personally
Link Posted: 11/17/2011 10:11:05 PM EDT
while none of their songs are really good or anything, their music isnt near as bad as people make it out to be. There are plenty of "artists" I would consider worse. However, people do not want to be the only ones to admit that the can tolerate their music, so in order to fit in, everyone takes this firm stance that it is the worst music they have ever heard Mob mentality I suppose
Link Posted: 11/17/2011 10:20:49 PM EDT
I like nickelback...

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 11/17/2011 10:27:04 PM EDT
Originally Posted By cavscouty:

You'd probably want more of my teachers. Long haired blondes in head bands, tight leotards, tights, leg warmers, and sneakers, and questionable brains in their heads. Well, maybe that's not quite fair, the last comment, but as I recall, my short curly brunette teacher (and we danced to the Footloose album) was a petro engineering major while I don't quite remember what the younger blonde was. The older blonde, though, was in the publishing business, more serious, .....and shooed the boys away from the doors because "she wasn't running a floor show". In her class, the music included Golden Earring's "Twilight Zone". I "fondly" remember doing legs during the interrogation instrumentals..........and almost scream these days when that song is played on the radio and they snip that part out!

Anyhow, I was Corps, JROTC back then, and I did tee and shorts for aerobics. I only did leotards for ballet and then, rather conservative. Danskin, Parklane.
_________________________________________________________________________________
("Stay the night, There's room enough here for two, Stay the night, I'd like to spend it with you, Stay the night, Why don't we call it a day, No one can stop us, nothing is in the way...", lyrics, (wtte), "Stay the Night" by Chicago....which had Barbara Edwards, the playmate from the legwarmer issue)
Link Posted: 11/17/2011 10:36:26 PM EDT

You'd probably want more of my teachers. Long haired blondes in head bands, tight leotards, tights, leg warmers, and sneakers, and questionable brains in their heads. Well, maybe that's not quite fair, the last comment, but as I recall, my short curly brunette teacher (and we danced to the Footloose album) was a petro engineering major while I don't quite remember what the younger blonde was. The older blonde, though, was in the publishing business, more serious, .....and shooed the boys away from the doors because "she wasn't running a floor show". In her class, the music included Golden Earring's "Twilight Zone". I "fondly" remember doing legs during the interrogation instrumentals..........and almost scream these days when that song is played on the radio and they snip that part out!

Anyhow, I was Corps, JROTC back then, and I did tee and shorts for aerobics. I only did leotards for ballet and then, rather conservative. Danskin, Parklane.
_________________________________________________________________________________
("Stay the night, There's room enough here for two, Stay the night, I'd like to spend it with you, Stay the night, Why don't we call it a day, No one can stop us, nothing is in the way...", lyrics, (wtte), "Stay the Night" by Chicago....which had Barbara Edwards, the playmate from the legwarmer issue)

You're killing me Snow. Seriously, pics babe.
Link Posted: 11/17/2011 10:39:38 PM EDT

Well, if you insist.
("Well, since you ask nicely.......,"––a bound Lyta complying to Garibaldi's threats, (w,stte), "Babylon V")
Link Posted: 11/17/2011 10:45:08 PM EDT

Well, if you insist.
("Well, since you ask nicely.......,"––a bound Lyta complying to Garibaldi's threats, (w,stte), "Babylon V")

WOW~ I hope you aren't playing with me. That's hot/
Link Posted: 11/17/2011 10:59:31 PM EDT
nickel back is the worst band in the history of mankind.

They look like a bunch of queers and there music sucks ass to boot.
Link Posted: 11/17/2011 11:01:15 PM EDT
I do not like them but if another person does who cares.
Link Posted: 11/17/2011 11:06:50 PM EDT
They sound like talentless teenagers that get drunk at parties and try to talk all deep and stuff in between sobbing fits about not being able to find a girl.

And, they suck.
Link Posted: 11/17/2011 11:39:05 PM EDT
Originally Posted By w15ly:

Its really bad music.

really, really bad.

yep.

Yessir!!!!!
Link Posted: 11/18/2011 12:38:05 AM EDT
Originally Posted By vand6167:
while none of their songs are really good or anything, their music isnt near as bad as people make it out to be. There are plenty of "artists" I would consider worse. However, people do not want to be the only ones to admit that the can tolerate their music, so in order to fit in, everyone takes this firm stance that it is the worst music they have ever heard Mob mentality I suppose

This
Link Posted: 11/18/2011 1:23:15 AM EDT
Most of my hatred comes from the music industry ramming their shitty songs in my ears

There are FAR worse bands out in the world of music, but nickelback is pushed/played way more than even a good band should be
Link Posted: 11/18/2011 1:47:14 AM EDT
They are fine if you like whining pansies only famous due to some record company ramming it down our throats.

Check out Kleptones, all work is available for free download. No signup, no nothing - the way arts are supposed to be. Hiphopera is one of the most brilliant pieces of work that I had heard in a long, long time.

http://www.kleptones.com/
Link Posted: 11/18/2011 1:58:16 AM EDT
Although I don't listen to rock alot, they have some songs I like. Sure, there is the crowd that hates them due to the fact they believe NB is overplayed. If thats the case, what about Lynyrd Skynyrd and Metallica???

I swear, if I hear "Sweet Home Alabama", "Freebird", or "Enter Sandman", one more time, I'm gonna go postal.
Link Posted: 11/18/2011 2:06:05 AM EDT
Originally Posted By JoelAC89:
Most of my hatred comes from the music industry ramming their shitty songs in my ears

There are FAR worse bands out in the world of music, but nickelback is pushed/played way more than even a good band should be

Out of curiosity, how does one feel about Law and Order, CSI, NCIS, and their clones, spinoffs, being everywhere? Do they accept that? If so, then perhaps they should not to tell all industries not to have them drink from a fire hose.
Link Posted: 11/18/2011 2:09:54 AM EDT
"Too bad" I thought was a good song. The rest, meh.
Link Posted: 11/18/2011 2:11:41 AM EDT
I dislike NB so much now because their first albums were so good. Their old stuff had a little substance. They got big and their music became very... well... shallow I guess.
Link Posted: 11/18/2011 2:27:28 AM EDT
No issue with NB at all.

Pardon them all to hell for being able to tap into the money artery in a big way.

The hate is more jealousy than anything else if I had to guess.

Link Posted: 11/18/2011 2:54:29 AM EDT
Not a fan, but they have a few songs that don't make me vomit. There is a lot of worse shit out there.
Link Posted: 11/18/2011 2:57:12 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 11/18/2011 3:10:12 AM EDT by hoodonit00]
No clue, I like em. Just reading some of the comments already crack me up.Worst band ever? Why? They have talented musicians in the band. Don't like the lyrics? No different then some of the lyrics Zeppelin, Hendrix, or The Beatles have put out.Tired of them being shoved down your throat? That's because they've sold Millions of tracks and have Millions of fans who want to hear them. Whole lot of snobs on here is the problem.

Link Posted: 11/18/2011 3:03:38 AM EDT
Originally Posted By Leeland111:

Its really bad music.

really, really bad.

yep.

Yessir!!!!!

Yup, and the lead singer sucks his own dick!
Link Posted: 11/18/2011 3:13:03 AM EDT
Originally Posted By RDS_FSU:
Originally Posted By Leeland111:

Its really bad music.

really, really bad.

yep.

Yessir!!!!!

Yup, and the lead singer sucks his own dick!

Glad you all have your own quote thing going as all your post are just so informative and all.

Link Posted: 11/18/2011 3:18:27 AM EDT
Another Nickelback thread....I don't care for them myself....have at em' if you like.
Link Posted: 11/18/2011 3:27:29 AM EDT
There are many other bands whose "music" is far worse than Nickleback's. It's just that if you've heard one Nickleback song, you've pretty much heard all of them.

It's fashionable to hate them, I suppose.
Link Posted: 11/18/2011 3:37:04 AM EDT
Link Posted: 11/18/2011 3:43:02 AM EDT
Good driving music. Dunno why all the hate.
Link Posted: 11/18/2011 3:44:57 AM EDT

Its really bad music.

really, really bad.

yep.

And they're dicks. Total dicks.
Link Posted: 11/18/2011 3:46:01 AM EDT
They are no more overplayed then Rush. I don't know what sounds worse. Them or the cat being gutted with a fork
Link Posted: 11/18/2011 3:47:41 AM EDT
I can't stand the songs where the lyrics attempt portray the singer as some kind of badass. One in particular is about his girlfriend being in some type of profession where she flirts with customers, and how he'll beat the shit out of anyone who tries to touch her. It's very "Twilight-ish", IMO.
Link Posted: 11/18/2011 3:47:55 AM EDT
over-processed scrotum rock.... they suck

the Foos show the other night was rock 3* live hours of kick ass
Link Posted: 11/18/2011 3:49:29 AM EDT

I would not go that far
Link Posted: 11/18/2011 4:05:46 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 11/18/2011 4:08:10 AM EDT by kris55]
I think some of there song's now, sound way too much like the one's they first had come out that put them where they are now, same beat with just the lyric's changed.

Also they weren't that good when they first arrived, and they are even worse now. YMMV
Link Posted: 11/18/2011 4:08:20 AM EDT
I quite like their music.
Link Posted: 11/18/2011 4:23:19 AM EDT
It's stripper music.

Just the modern version of Poison or Motley Crue
Link Posted: 11/18/2011 4:28:49 AM EDT

I can supply you the NB music and a video camera if you like...
Link Posted: 11/18/2011 4:29:26 AM EDT
Horrible, horrible, muzac.

Also all their songs sound fucking. Exactly. The. Same.

Every song is about getting laid and getting drunk.

Somewhere there is a quote from them saying they use formulas to write their songs and they can usually write a new song in 15 min or so.

They combine the worst aspects of rap, 80's hairband arena rock, and then try to mask it with sprinkling of false post-grunge sound.
Link Posted: 11/18/2011 4:32:24 AM EDT
Link Posted: 11/18/2011 4:33:52 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 11/18/2011 4:35:30 AM EDT by turboscott]
I'm not a fan of NB, but they have a couple of songs that are tolerable. I don't listen to the radio much, I listen to my library of digital music.

They do suck, like a bunch of other "artist" today. It's just a bunch of over produced music w/o meaning its like reality shows. Just a bunch of shit. Plus they are the result of what happens when you are raised drinking milk from a bag. They're Canadian! 'Nuff said.

I think its funny they get ridiculed, what do they expect?

Also, WTF is up with the OP? Why/what are those fuckin quotes? I mean WTH does "w,stte" mean?

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 3
Top Top