Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 10/21/2004 3:11:49 PM EDT
After running a couple of errands I decided to head to the gun shop that is on my way home.  Usually, I only peruse through all their stuff because of the huge markup, but they do have a nice selection of gear and guns.

Well, I've been meaning to buy a SUREFIRE G2Z Nitrolon combatlight for awhile, but have been taking my time because I've been trying to find the CHEAPEST price.  I saw the model I was looking for at the shop and decided to ask him how much.  And to my amazement the sales guy quoted me of $71.20 out the door!  He then asked if I was interested to which I responded "hell yes!"  The lowest I've seen these things for on the net has been about $82-85, but then one has to add shipping.  

After buying the light, I decided to look around and found a KIMBER TLE going for $950.  Good price, but I think I can get it cheaper elsewhere.

They also had a BARRETT .50 cal (bolt action with 5 rd mag) going for 5K that came with a Starlight case and some other stuff.  I never really thought about owning a .50 cal---UNTIL NOW.  That beast is simply BEAUTIFUL.  And those rounds look impressive as hell.  Man, now I want one.

In conclusion, I was really surprised that find that the SUREFIRE was actually cheaper at the gun shop than through an on-line vendor (I guess they must be under new management, becuase their prices on stuff is way more reasonable now!).  Usually, around my parts, gun shops mark up the prices like crazy.  I'm definitely going back to check out a fixed blade BENCHMADE TANTO knife they are selling.  Looks really nice!

Link Posted: 10/21/2004 3:17:19 PM EDT
[#1]
Thats a decent price, I bought mine on ebay for $56 shipped.
Link Posted: 10/21/2004 3:23:40 PM EDT
[#2]
Argh!  You had to spoil it, didn't you?  
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top