Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 6/20/2003 2:33:01 PM EDT
It stinks so bad I can smell it from my garage, 60 feet away.  My front door is only 25 feet away, and the stench will gag a maggot.  

It's a nice neighborhood, the cheap houses start at 120k.  Why oh Lord, why did you let these people move in when the previous owners were soooooo nice?

I've asked them to clean it, but I might as well be talking to a brick wall.  Any suggestions.  I'm thinking that calling the Health Department would be a good idea, but I don't want to start a feud.  But I will if that is what it takes to be able to smell the flowers we have planted by the front door instead of their nasty garbage can....

Anyone have any ideas to resolve this issue?  Preferably ideas that won't have me starting a long and costly personal relationship with an attorney...
Link Posted: 6/20/2003 2:38:07 PM EDT
[#1]
Pour about a cup of bleach in it. It will kill the stink. That's what I do if I have a dead rat in one of mine and they get ripe before the trash man gets here...!
Link Posted: 6/20/2003 2:41:18 PM EDT
[#2]
^^^^^^^ what he said ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
Link Posted: 6/20/2003 2:46:10 PM EDT
[#3]
shake some arm and hammer in there?
Link Posted: 6/20/2003 2:48:08 PM EDT
[#4]
I've already done the bleach attack, but I'll try it again.  
Link Posted: 6/20/2003 2:49:55 PM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 6/20/2003 2:50:01 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
shake some arm and hammer in there?
View Quote

I thought that communist POS Armand Hammer was dead?!

[:D]
Link Posted: 6/20/2003 2:50:24 PM EDT
[#7]
And so the deterioration of your neighborhood begins. Lack of even the simplest attention to proper sanitation is a key indicator that your new neighbor really doesn't give a shit. Next it will be the yard let grow to seed, leaves not raked in the fall, broken toys and cars strewn about, trees not pruned, gutters not cleaned, rodent infestation ... basically, the neighborhood I just moved out of.

I can certainly appreciate your desire to not initiate a protracted feud with the new neighbor, but if you don't put your foot down on this small issue, you will be posting here next week about a larger one. So, talk it over with your neighbor. If they don't clean their garbage can, run over it. Several times. Then set fire to it. Run over it again. Shoot it a few dozen times. Then, apologize for mistaking their filthy can for a space mutant.
Link Posted: 6/20/2003 7:18:58 PM EDT
[#8]
devils night isnt to far away.
Do what you will and blame it on those dam teenagers [flame]

If your not that pro active,
I also suggest tossing a few cups of bleach in there
Link Posted: 6/21/2003 7:22:26 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
And so the deterioration of your neighborhood begins. Lack of even the simplest attention to proper sanitation is a key indicator that your new neighbor really doesn't give a shit. [red]Next it will be the yard let grow to seed, leaves not raked in the fall, [/red]broken toys and cars strewn about, [red]trees not pruned, gutters not cleaned,[/red] rodent infestation ... basically, the neighborhood I just moved out of.

I can certainly appreciate your desire to not initiate a protracted feud with the new neighbor, but if you don't put your foot down on this small issue, you will be posting here next week about a larger one. So, talk it over with your neighbor. If they don't clean their garbage can, run over it. Several times. Then set fire to it. Run over it again. Shoot it a few dozen times. Then, apologize for mistaking their filthy can for a space mutant.
View Quote

The items in red are already par for the course with my alcoholic dope snoking white trash neighbors.  This is what happens when a bunch of idiots have one family member with two functioning brain cells, who purchases a nice life insurance policy, then dies.

BTW, a quart of bleach did the trick....
Link Posted: 6/21/2003 7:41:51 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
This is what happens when a bunch of idiots have one family member with two functioning brain cells, who purchases a nice life insurance policy, then dies.
View Quote
Spooky! That's almost exactly what happened at my old place. The house across the street was previoiusly the home to a very lovely older couple from Venezuela, I think. They were very nice, and kept the yard and home in immaculate repair. They were always out in the yard tending to the very tasteful and colorful flowers and plants. One day they were driving up the street to go to the store, and were broad-sided by a speeding teenager, 3 blocks from the local high school. Both killed on the spot.

The house was then willed to their son, a genuine dirtbag if there ever was one. This guy moves in with his gargantuan mate and their demon spawn. The demon spawn then procreates, so now they have grandspawn. He's got a couple of his buddies that he works with at the car wash living there now, too. Each one has some type of dilapidated vehicle, and Sunday is now "wrench your POS car day" replete with about 4 hours of revving various poorly-tuned oil dispersion devices, accompanied by a constant barrage of slamming doors, vociferous cussing, throwing Bud Light cans in the yard, dogs running loose and chasing ordinary "real people," and any number of other annoying activity. My favorite was when their dirtbag friends would come over and park in my yard. When I would tell them (as opposed to asking them) to move their cars out of my yard, they would comply, but feel obliged to comment that they thought it was city property. I would explain the differences among property, right-of-way and easement, but their brains couldn't handle it. What finally made them stop was when I told them that any car on my property was fair game, and I'd start taking parts off and selling them on eBay. They laughed, until I rolled my tool cabinet out on the sidewalk and hooked up my air tools.

Anyway, I've got a house for sale now. Anybody interested? It's in a great neighborhood! (cough, cough)

BTW, a quart of bleach did the trick....
View Quote
Good.
Link Posted: 6/21/2003 7:54:25 AM EDT
[#11]
That is so true!  My girlfriends neighbor offed himself with a 357 in the basement.  Its a nice quiet neighborhood. One of his sons cleaned it up and moved in.  He and his 300lb pregnant again wife and little kids.  My girlfriend has this huge yard and the little turnd were riding their dirtbikes on it, tearing it up.  You dont want to get my girlfriend unhappy.  The old fart also built up to the last mm so now all the old cars on blocks invading her yard.  They also have an old camper in the driveway and of their unemplyed buddies is living in it.  The joys of white trash!  I guess its better then having gangbangers selling dope on the corners.
Link Posted: 6/21/2003 7:54:49 AM EDT
[#12]
Link Posted: 6/21/2003 8:34:01 AM EDT
[#13]
Don't worry [b]Mojo[/b]!  I'll just get a gallon of the generic bleach for $1.09, and if this keeps up, I'll add amonia to the mix.... [dracula]
Link Posted: 6/21/2003 8:36:08 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
Don't worry [b]Mojo[/b]!  I'll just get a gallon of the generic bleach for $1.09, and if this keeps up, I'll add amonia to the mix.... [dracula]
View Quote
I hesitated to mention this particular tactic.
Link Posted: 6/21/2003 8:55:30 AM EDT
[#15]
Pour five gallons of gas in it and set it on fire!
Link Posted: 6/21/2003 9:03:14 AM EDT
[#16]
Link Posted: 6/21/2003 9:04:25 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
View Quote

HA HA HA!!!  I guess you didn't read the part where I don't want to start a long and costly personal relationship with an attorney. [lol]   Besides the arson charge, the trash container is Austin City property.  
Link Posted: 6/21/2003 9:06:27 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
I can't believe no one has suggested Tannerite? [:D]
View Quote

Well......I've still got 4 or 5 bottles of Tannerite in my dity bag.......  Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmm...
Link Posted: 6/21/2003 9:11:57 AM EDT
[#19]
Load up your AR and let your imagination fly.
Link Posted: 6/21/2003 9:13:12 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
Quoted:
View Quote

HA HA HA!!!  I guess you didn't read the part where I don't want to start a long and costly personal relationship with an attorney. [lol]   Besides the arson charge, the trash container is Austin City property.  
View Quote

I just wanted to give you a sure cure!
Link Posted: 6/21/2003 9:21:01 AM EDT
[#21]
While I personally had nothing to do with it, I can remember a particularly troublesome neighbor in Ft. Laudedale. This was when I lived in a "getting ghetto" area.

Anyway apparantly someone printed up some White Supremecist flyers complete with details for future meetings with this persons name and address as contact info and late one night liberally distibuted it to all parts of the neighborhood.

The combined effects of gang bangers seeking confrontation and white racists seeking information was rather funny.
Link Posted: 6/21/2003 9:26:08 AM EDT
[#22]
get a gas mask, put it on, move the garbage can infront of their door.   if that doesnt work, put it infornt of their door, then place 1 gallon of tannerite infront of the trash can.  BAM.....BOOOOOOOOM  

after that they should get the hint!
Link Posted: 6/21/2003 9:40:02 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
While I personally had nothing to do with it, I can remember a particularly troublesome neighbor in Ft. Laudedale. This was when I lived in a "getting ghetto" area.

Anyway apparantly someone printed up some White Supremecist flyers complete with details for future meetings with this persons name and address as contact info and late one night liberally distibuted it to all parts of the neighborhood.

The combined effects of gang bangers seeking confrontation and white racists seeking information was rather funny.
View Quote

[hail2]

Noted....I'll save this one for future reference....
Link Posted: 6/21/2003 9:44:12 AM EDT
[#24]
We really need pics of these fire missons.
Link Posted: 6/21/2003 9:52:04 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

[hail2]

Noted....I'll save this one for future reference....
View Quote

Before you even think about pulling a stunt like this read George Haydukes "Get Even: The Complete Book Of Dirty Tricks."

Read the first part about planning, contingency and denial. The bulk is mostly high school quality pranks and out of date ideas that would no longer apply.

But things that always stay in style are well covered.

Don't get caught.
Don't talk about it.
Be patient.
Link Posted: 6/21/2003 9:55:26 AM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
We really need pics of these fire missons.
View Quote

You must be bored out of your skull to have a desire to see a pic of me pouring bleach into my neighbors trash can. [:D]
Link Posted: 6/21/2003 11:02:04 AM EDT
[#27]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top