Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 1/13/2005 7:07:20 PM EDT
on this interview he pointed out that Madison and Jefferson in 1802 passed a law firing 18 federal Judges (out of 35).  

If we've got both the house and Senate, why don't we start firing all those Judges who are legislating from the bench?

I think I'm going to buy his book.  "Winning the Future"
Link Posted: 1/13/2005 7:15:07 PM EDT
[#1]
Being a seperate but equal branch of our checks and balances type govt, do you think judges have the responsibility to interpret?
Link Posted: 1/13/2005 7:22:26 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
Being a seperate but equal branch of our checks and balances type govt, do you think judges have the responsibility to interpret?

Theres a difference between interpreting and rewriting.
Link Posted: 1/13/2005 7:23:12 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:

ETA....only to an extent as outlined below.

THe Supreme Courts role in the checks and balances arrangement, is to ensure that any law passed by the other branches complies with the Constitution, and to strike any conviction resulting from said unconstitutional laws.
Link Posted: 1/13/2005 7:28:17 PM EDT
[#4]
I'm sure them dems still have enough numbers to bust such a petty attempt.
I think there are safeguards in place now to protect this seperate but equal branch from such a thang.
It would really look bad and surely backfire in 2006.
It would be kinda like a contract on america.
Link Posted: 1/13/2005 7:30:58 PM EDT
[#5]
So, you have no problems with judges inventing things that the constitution never intended, and making  new laws, with no accountability to the citizens of this country, usurping the role that the legislative branch is supposed to play?  
Link Posted: 1/13/2005 7:37:21 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
So, you have no problems with judges inventing things that the constitution never intended, and making  new laws, with no accountability to the citizens of this country, usurping the role that the legislative branch is supposed to play?  

Seperate but equal is of utmost concern.
"accountability to the citizens of this country" ? "inventing things that the constitution never intended" ?
That's rich.
Lets apply those standards across the board before we single out.
Then I'll buy the "lofty" intentions.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top